News Rope drop returns to Walt Disney World theme parks as physical distancing continues to be reduced

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Epcot_Full_42289.jpg

jmp85

Rides are opening early as before.

Long wait for Test Track immediately at 1.5 hours.

Epcot_Full_42296.jpg
Epcot_Full_42297.jpg
The lines were a bizarre sight when we visited for a week in mid-May. The line for Everest started in Dinoland. It was very strange. We ended up leaving Hollywood Studios after an hour because the lines were sprawling everywhere throughout the park.

Po'Rich

The lines were a bizarre sight when we visited for a week in mid-May. The line for Everest started in Dinoland. It was very strange. We ended up leaving Hollywood Studios after an hour because the lines were sprawling everywhere throughout the park.
You must be mistaken. I've read several times on these boards that the lines are sooooo much better without FastPasses.

G00fyDad

You must be mistaken. I've read several times on these boards that the lines are sooooo much better without FastPasses.

But that is skewed by the fact that there are not as many people in the parks right now. Of course it is better right now. If Disney does not re-instate FP or some version of it and leaves it as standby only then they are going to change their tune about how nice the lines are without FP. Those same people that gripe about FP still use it.

Po'Rich

But that is skewed by the fact that there are not as many people in the parks right now. Of course it is better right now. If Disney does not re-instate FP or some version of it and leaves it as standby only then they are going to change their tune about how nice the lines are without FP. Those same people that gripe about FP still use it.
Actually, I was being sarcastic. I want FPs to return because then I can be somewhat assured that I will get to ride at least some of the better rides. The idea of having to wait 1.5 hours for a ride doesn't sound like much of a vacation to me.

G00fyDad

Actually, I was being sarcastic. I want FPs to return because then I can be somewhat assured that I will get to ride at least some of the better rides. The idea of having to wait 1.5 hours for a ride doesn't sound like much of a vacation to me.

Me either. This will likely be our last WDW trip for a while. We may go back when our grandchildren are older but even that is a "maybe" for us since it will depend on when my daughter can afford to take her kids. This trip next year my son will be 19 and he will have his girlfriend with us too. She has never been to WDW and I do not want her to remember just standing in lines all day.

doctornick

Rides are opening early as before.

Long wait for Test Track immediately at 1.5 hours.

Hmmph. So much for "the lack of FP will keep standby times down".

Specific to Epcot, do FW wait times die down in the evening? I could see that happening as people move to WS for the evening, but on the flip side this seems like the park most likely to "hop" to in the evening which might keep wait times longer.

havoc315

Hmmph. So much for "the lack of FP will keep standby times down".

Specific to Epcot, do FW wait times die down in the evening? I could see that happening as people move to WS for the evening, but on the flip side this seems like the park most likely to "hop" to in the evening which might keep wait times longer.

Traditionally yes, but for now... with so much shut down (less to do in WS), it's harder to say.
Pre-Covid... if you were willing to miss the fireworks, you could walk onto Soarin for the last 30 minutes in the park.

doctornick

Traditionally yes, but for now... with so much shut down (less to do in WS), it's harder to say.
Pre-Covid... if you were willing to miss the fireworks, you could walk onto Soarin for the last 30 minutes in the park.

Right, I'm asking more about if anyone has had experience in recent months.

jmp85

This past Friday night 30 mins before close TT was posting 65 mins.
We waited at MK til close to try and get our 3 year old on Mine Train. Kept expecting it to drop, but the wait time never got below 50 minutes. Not a horrible wait, but trying to get a 3 year old to wait in a line for 50 minutes with a mask on wasn't going to work out well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom