Room requests?

Katherine

I was wondering how do you make a room request can you call or does it have to be faxed? We're staying at Carribbean beach and I really don't want to get stuck far away.

TIGGER-FAN

Call them and ask them to add it to your reservation at CRO. Also fax it to the hotel you will be staying at no more than 4 days prior to your arrival. If you fax it earlier there is a good chance it will be lost. Put the fax to the attention of the hotels room assigner. Remember, they will only try to accomidate your first request. Don't send a list of requests because they will be ignored. Just send one request (i.e. particular building, floor, non-smoking, etc.). Also this is only a request, it does not mean they will honor it. We have had good luck on all our trips and our requests had been given to us. Hope this helps and good luck.

Upvote 0

lukacseven

I've done it over a half dozen times at CBR. Just call as far in advance as you can plan for. They will generally accomodate you, especially if you are requesting a "preferred" room at the resort. In case you are not aware, the more convenient locations are deemed "preferred." In some cases, you can specify the exact building, but not the room itself. I've never had to fax anything. If it makes you feel better, you can call back closer to your departure to confirm.

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

You might want to consider booking a Preferred room location. Preferred rooms are the closest to food courts/bus stops. These rooms run about $15 more a night.

Upvote 0

iluvstitch

On my trip this past July, I faxed a room request that simply said we would love to stay in Martinique. When we checked in, the CM said "Oh, I see you want Martinique 24?" :) This was before it was considered a preferred location that you had to pay extra for.

For my trip this May, I originally booked the preferred location b/c I thought it was worth it. But, the Visa code was only availiable for water view so I switched to that to save around $300. So, I'm planning on faxing a room request saying I'd like to stay right across the bridge from OPR- possiblly in buildings 45 or 51.

Walking across the bridge is really nice, we didn't get to do that when we stayed in Martinique. -Stephanie

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

My dad has called multiple vacations to Caribbean Beach and actually requested an exact room, and we had always received it. If you do not want to pay extra per night for a Disney preferred location, request a room in Aruba (Buildings 51--54 are closest) or Jamaica (Buildings 44--46). These buildings are across the lake from the main area, closest to the bridge, yet are only a quick 5 minute stroll across a wonderfully lush island and two foot bridges. It's super at night. And those in the actual "preferred locations" miss the ambiance of the extreme island feel by being "right next to everything." Stay across the lake and explore!

You're call!

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You can call upto 5 days ahead of your arrival date and request a building/floor/etc. Nothing guaranteed, but they'll try. We were able to successfully get into the Toy Story buildings at ALMovies in July last year doing this. At the value resorts, the preferred rooms aren't usually worth the extra $10-15/night. Because of their location, they tend to be busier and nosier. Unless you want to be able to walk out your door and jump into the pool, then it's worth it. :)

Upvote 0

Katherine

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I was going to try to request a room in Aruba or Jamaca becasue there close and the walk I heard is pleasant. Thanks again!:sohappy: (2 weeks and counting)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom