Room request strategy for Old Key West

mp2bill

Original Poster
If you've been to WDW in August before this, you understand the impact of the intense sun, heat & humidity on your plans.
If you haven't, I can't think of a good reason to request 3rd fl unless it's a special view or QUIET your're after.
Have stayed OKW MANY TIMES. (Since they swapped out carpet for hard floors, we find it is noisier if NOT on TOP floor)
But TOP FL could be 2nd FL depending on room location (Only ONE flite of stairs)

You really can't predict how far your room will be from bus or pool. (HH location or rooms in one of the few elevator bldgs are reserved &/or saved for those needing accessibility first.) Add that to time in parks + waiting for bus or getting to car.

Sorry. 3rd fl in Aug would not be my choice, especially with young kids or anyone with health issues.
Are you saying it wouldn’t be your choice because heat rises and it’s hot up on those floors or because you have to go up three floors after spending all day in the hot sun and high humidity?

sinead

Goodness, NO! Sorry for being unclear.
The room will always be cool according to your AC settings.
I meant the exposure all day in that weather & then facing the walk up.
I'm sure it isn't an issue for some.
For my family, it always was.
(We moved to the area to be near WDW for a few years also-And rarely left the house in August without good reason)...
Your mileage may vary. ;)

Rob562

Sorry, I should’ve included that fact. We are DVC through an RCI exchange.

Since you're on an RCI Exchange, I assume you're booked into a 1-bedroom? (Unless you're one of the lucky people recently who've snagged a rare 2-bedroom)

If so, you should also make sure that the 3rd floor of the buildings you're looking at even HAVE a 1-bedroom on the third floor. I thought they were all 2-bedroons.

-Rob

mp2bill

Original Poster
Since you're on an RCI Exchange, I assume you're booked into a 1-bedroom? (Unless you're one of the lucky people recently who've snagged a rare 2-bedroom)

If so, you should also make sure that the 3rd floor of the buildings you're looking at even HAVE a 1-bedroom on the third floor. I thought they were all 2-bedroons.

-Rob
That is correct. According to the Touring Plans room finder tool, there is one 1-bedroom room on the third floor of buildings 62 & 64.

There may be in other buildings too, but I didn’t check.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom