Room Only ??'s

The Andrews

Original Poster
Hey could some of you folk who have opted for the "room only discount" over other discounts give me a brief summary of the perks rather than booking a package? Thanks

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hey could some of you folk who have opted for the "room only discount" over other discounts give me a brief summary of the perks rather than booking a package? Thanks

Hi there, I just did this. I booked my trip with free dining - 9 day MYW ticket with Park Hopper for 2 adults. We booked a garden view room at the Poly for 8 nights. I then found out about the room only discount and just called Disney to see what it would be under that discount code and I saved $200!! :sohappy: In the past, making changes to my package has required me to cancel and rebook. But not this time. All they did was apply the new discount code and reduced my balance owed. The package is still a package but taking the room only and then adding dining and tickets to it.

I hope this info helps!

Carey

obrienIII

If you are staying at a Deluxe resort, most room only discounts will save more money then free dining or package deals. I just returned home yesterday from 8 nights at the Poly, and I promise the 40% off room only discount I used saved me more then any free dining.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The only real advantages to a room only booking is a typically lower deposit (deposit is equal to a 1 night stay), balance is due upon arrival vs 45 days out and a much more flexible cancellation policy (5 days vs 45). Room only reservations can be converted or booked into a package with tickets, dining ,etc and you can still get the room only discount but the package terms and conditions will apply.

LilSuzy

I have priced with and without tickets and it's weird but its cheaper to book seperately (room/tickets)...how come I wonder? :shrug:

lighteningqueen

If you book a room only its equal to one nights stay.. But a package is a room plus at least one night of tickets to make it a package and is cheaper. Then I pay the balance of the tickets and add on when i get there. It is easier to make more money in 45 days to finish paying for the tickets..make sense???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom