Room only discounts for fall/winter ?

MRGEFF

Happy to see free dining is now available. My wife and I do not use free dining as we only eat 2 meals a day while at WDW and we do not eat all or meals at WDW restaurants or food courts. Any rumors on when and if Room Only discounts will be announced for fall/winter 2012 ?

lisa&dave

Spoke with a cast member on Friday 7/13 about room only discounts for Nov. She stated they just posted the rates for Sept and the Nov rates should be out around in Sept.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Happy to see free dining is now available. My wife and I do not use free dining as we only eat 2 meals a day while at WDW and we do not eat all or meals at WDW restaurants or food courts. Any rumors on when and if Room Only discounts will be announced for fall/winter 2012 ?

If there are any, you may see similar black out dates to the current offer.

You won't see any for January and later until October probably.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I have a feeling we'll see them- but when is the question. The reason why I think they're coming...my friend got a PIN last month. It was free dining OR room discounts. The dates were practically mirror image to what was put out for free dining this week...so it leads me to think that we should see something similar pop up for the room discounts as well.

Upvote 0
I think you'll see room discounts. Keep in mind that they just added nearly 10,000 beds at AoA and in the last 18 months they've added 2 new ships competing with WDW for clients. Those ships need nearly 12,000 guests per week to be at capacity. The number of people wanting to travel to WDW every year doesn't really change significantly, even when you throw in something like the Fantasyland expansion (and the dates for that are iffy anyway, which makes guests taking a "once in a lifetime trip" to WDW very nervous). Given all of this, the target market is off site, budget-minded guests who need to be lured on property and the way you do that is by offering them big incentives.

The one thing to be careful about is that Disney is no longer doing flat discounts. So you when you see "30% off at deluxe resorts" you won't be able to ensure that that's the discount you're getting. Instead, if you ask directly you might find 5% off a savanna room at AKL and 30% an Arushka view, or whatever you've got at each resort. So when you book a room discount, you'll want to ask what the percentage off is. Sometimes it benefits you to upgrade to a different room category.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Keep in mind that they just added nearly 10,000 beds at AoA and in the last 18 months they've added 2 new ships competing with WDW for clients. Those ships need nearly 12,000 guests per week to be at capacity.
Given all of this, the target market is off site, budget-minded guests who need to be lured on property and the way you do that is by offering them big incentives.

With the WDW target market being the off site budget minded guests, I don't see DCL factoring into this at all, due to the price differential.

Upvote 0

theRIOT

There are room only discounts out right now.
I just booked for out Sept. trip and I believe we got either 30 or 40% off.
Got an email announcing the deal last week. No pin code needed.

Upvote 0

MRGEFF

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your replies. Looks like things are up in the air for now as far as Fall/winter 2012 Room only discounts. We are planning on going the second week in November. Sure would be nice if I got a pin with free dining or room only as HouCuseChickie's friend received. Here's hoping !

Upvote 0

jr105

I called yesterday for November 2-6 and I got for an AAA discounted rate at POFQ.
I save over $125 dollars from the listed rates but, with being a Florida resident and passholder I know the rates will be lower
My suggestion (and this is what I did) is call to reserve the room, and when the discounts come out, call back to modify the rates.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom