Room occupancy?

Marianm

We are planning our next trip for 2014. We are planning on staying at the Contemporary, preferably BLT. My question is, we will have 5 adults, a 2 year old, and a 7 month old. Would they let us all stay together in a one bedroom villa? Or because of the second child would we need to get two rooms?

captainkidd

DVC is definitely more lenient. We stayed in a 1 bedroom last year and our booked this year in a 1 bedroom with 5 people, and the resorts we stayed at have a limit of 4 people. But 8 people might be pushing it. Truth be told, I don't think a 1 bedroom would be comfortable with that many people. You have the king bed for 2 adults, the queen sofa for 2 more adults. BLT has the chair sleeper for another adult. Then you'd need at least 1 crib for the 2 kids. I'd definitely opt for a 2 bedroom, and if money didn't allow, I'd go with 2 rooms at a Moderate or Value.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I don't believe you'll be allowed to make a reservation for more people than the villa is supposed to hold (in this case, 5). Generally the rule is, "x number of people, plus one child under age 3 in a crib." Therefore, the 7-month-old won't "count" as an extra person, but the 2-year-old would. Still, you can always call and ask if there's any way that both of the kids can be "freebies" and not be considered in the room's head count. The BLT one-bedroom villas are reportedly a bit roomier than villas at some other places, and you will have 2 bathrooms instead of the typical one. My guess is they'll probably say no and insist that you upgrade to a 2-bedroom, but it's certainly worth a shot!

Upvote 0

Alley7728

We have stayed there before and because my brother and sister in-law where coming in 2 days ahead of their reservations they ended up staying with the four of us for 2 nights. They went to Wal-Mart and bought a blow-up air mattress. It was cramped but doable. We had not anticipated them coming in early but there was never anything said. Wish you lots of luck and loads of Disney fun!

Upvote 0

Genie of the Lamp

At BLT, I'd recommend getting a 2 bedroom villa (sleeps up to 9) and as of right now they are valued at approximately $1038 a night shown on the WDW website. All the rooms have the same amentities so it won't affect your decision much here. Doesn't say how many bathrooms are in those villas though.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

At BLT, I'd recommend getting a 2 bedroom villa (sleeps up to 9) and as of right now they are valued at approximately $1038 a night shown on the WDW website. All the rooms have the same amentities so it won't affect your decision much here. Doesn't say how many bathrooms are in those villas though.

eek.gif

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

Someone mentioned, and I just looked at a floorplan, that shows 2 bdrm has 3 bthrms and 1 bdrm has 2 bthrms

Upvote 0

Nemo14

It was with a lake view, they didn't post the rates for one's with a theme park view or a standard view.

I'm currently staying at a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath condo directly on a lake, with full kitchen, living room, dining room, washer/dryer, private hot tub, with full use of clubhouse facilities, 10 minutes from WDW for a month for only a little more than that.

Upvote 0

Genie of the Lamp

I'm currently staying at a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath condo directly on a lake, with full kitchen, living room, dining room, washer/dryer, private hot tub, with full use of clubhouse facilities, 10 minutes from WDW for a month for only a little more than that.

Talk about an all inclusive, all out value for your money's worth.;) Just shows how the current system in place eventually needs tweaked/fixed.

Upvote 0

Magikal

The 2 YO would still be N/C as well. We're seasoned in the art of traveling with children. Our 2 youngest are 11 months apart and are the same age the time of year when we go so they were both 2 at the same time one year we went & didn't count in the room total though they still list them on your reservation. They don't get passes either cuz they get free admission. My sister & brother in-law took their 2 kids when they were not quite 3 yrs & 4 months & they just had to pay for themselves. That's why they decided to go while the kids were still free. We did the same.

Upvote 0

Marianm

Original Poster
Thanks again everyone! We are planning for March 2014, so unfortunately they haven't released the availability to non DVC yet. But I'm calling back every few days. They said a one bedroom would be fine. Luckily we will get a Florida resident discount! My family doesn't always stay at Deluxe resorts, but for this trip, and the ages of my kids, we plan to stay at BLT because of convenience.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom