Room key for extra magic hours?

AZWILDCATS

Does anyone know if my children ages 4-6-7 will need to have thier own room keys made to stay for the extra magic hours, or will my wife and I just need to present our room keys? Staying at the cont. end of April.

figmentmom

What will the kids be using for park passes? If they will have room keys for that, then they will, of course, work for obtaining the EMH bracelets. (Of course, make sure Mom and Dad hold on to them...)

Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Since we always get packages our park passes are tied to the room key. You have to present a valid pass and the room key to get your EMH bracelets. They make out one for everyone in your party, that doesn't mean you have to let the kids carry them though. :wave:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

AZWILDCATS said:
Thanks for the help. It looks like I will be the holder of many keys and passes.

My DH used to have that job. Now my 17 y/o holds hers (charging privilages) because she likes to venture out on her own. He still holds the 11 y/o's though and sometimes mine.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

tigsmom said:
My DH used to have that job. Now my 17 y/o holds hers (charging privilages) because she likes to venture out on her own. He still holds the 11 y/o's though and sometimes mine.

When I take my nephew 11, it is his job to hold is room key and AP. I informed him on our very first trip that I am not a pack mule and won't be carrying everything like his mom. His mom doesn't let him carry things, but he needs to learn how to responsible for things and you have to start somewhere and besides both items can be replaced. I also let him have charging privileges on the room key too.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Not a big deal to carry all the room keys/admissions passes. We have a small bag (it can be on a belt or used as a pack or over the shoulder with a strap) that either myself or my husband carries when we go to the parks. We have a zipper pocket that they all go in. They don't take up that much space.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

They now scan your room key with wireless handhelds at the EMH wristband locations before they put you in the actual line to get your wristbands.
This identifies that the room keys presented are current and that the owner is the one presenting it.
Cuts down on fraud, I'm sure!

Disney is selling a small lanyard that many parents were buying for their kids down there last week. It is like a ziplock bag on a neck strap that keeps your room key visible and dry all day. You might want to try that, too!

Have fun!

:wave:

Upvote 0

frazierle

We're AP holders and in the past our kids would not bring room keys. I can tell you from experience your life would be easier just to pack them with you and bring them. The first time we took advantage of EMH at MGM I had to speak to what seemed 3 levels of management before they would let my kids get their wristbands. From that point forward just keep the extra cards on you and you will breeze right in.

Upvote 0

AZWILDCATS

Original Poster
I will be sure to bring everyone a room key. The reason I asked this is because the last time I went during extra magic hour in the morning there were no wristbands or card readers. All I did was show my one room key and they let us all in.

I may even get one of those lanyards with the case for my seven year old and put him in charge of the three kids keys. It will make him very happy.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom