Room for 5

BBalz

Hey everyone, my GF's family and I are planning a trip to the world in the middle of August. There will be 5 of us and as of right now all the suites at the AS Music Resort are booked and no one seems content with staying at the WL cabins. So I was wondering if anyone could help me with finding the cheapest alternative for something that would be suitable for us. Thanks!

duck_daddy

Your cheapest deluxe resorts are going to be Yacht and Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge. If someone doesn't mind kicking it on a trundle bed Port Orleans Riverside may be an option. Then again, you could always get two standard rooms at POP or any of the All-Stars and come out cheaper than any of the Deluxe resorts and around the same price as POR! You can get adjoining rooms if you wish and given that they are available!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The least expensive option is a room a PORS with a trundle bed. The only issue there is the trundle bed is rather small. Suitable for a child but not so much for an adult. Next in line of expense would be 2 rooms in a value resort.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Your cheapest deluxe resorts are going to be Yacht and Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge. If someone doesn't mind kicking it on a trundle bed Port Orleans Riverside may be an option. Then again, you could always get two standard rooms at POP or any of the All-Stars and come out cheaper than any of the Deluxe resorts and around the same price as POR! You can get adjoining rooms if you wish and given that they are available!

The WL rooms are 4 person rooms only unless you get a deluxe room (formerly known as a Junior Suite). That would be 2 queen size beds in the bedroom and a pull out sofa in the "living room".

The other deluxes have daybeds for the fifth person.

Upvote 0

hrmom26

i would go with two rooms at a value resort even if you are able to jam everyone into one room it would be two crowded and two rooms would give you some privacy.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

We had two rooms at ASMusic b/c there were six of us and it worked out great! We had two bathrooms, two TV's and plenty of room. This is what I will do again. My husband and I had a room with a king and we had two queen or full size beds in the other room for the kids. It was nice to not have to step over all of their things to get to the bathroom!:lol:

Upvote 0

BBalz

Original Poster
Adjacent rooms would definitly be ideal. Good call. :) But out of curiousty, would anyone happen to know the price comparisons of a room at POR with the extra bed in relation to two rooms at an AS resort?

Upvote 0

onholiday

The Contemporary, Polynesian & Grand Floridian's rooms all accommodate 5 people. It might not be the cheapest route, but depending on when you're going it might help.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Adjacent rooms would definitly be ideal. Good call. :) But out of curiousty, would anyone happen to know the price comparisons of a room at POR with the extra bed in relation to two rooms at an AS resort?
2 rooms at a value will be a little more than 1 room at PORS. Depending on season, discounts etc a single room at a value will run approximately $90-$125 per night and $150-$200 per night at PORS.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

Another option would be to see about renting vacation club points. That is taking a little bit of a risk though. You also don't have maid service every day in one of those rooms, but you do have a kitchen and washer/dryer.

I'm not sure if you can get the free dining either if you rent DVC point. Okay I think I might have just talked you out of that option. :lol:

Upvote 0

L Fisher

I would suggest that you call back several times a day if you have the time because sometimes rooms open up. The reservation center is constantly getting calls so I would keep trying as much as possible,

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom