Room Discounts Tomorrow

wdwfan22

Just a friendly reminder that room-only discounts will become available tomorrow for stays 4/18/04 - 7/04/04. Be sure to have your alarms set early. :D Good luck

Now for the rest of us that are going after 7/4/04 does anyone know when AP discounts or just room only discounts will be announced? :)

Dwarful

Thanks for the info. I got up early today and snagged our group reservations for Cindys' breakfast, so I guess I'll push my luck and try for a discount on the rooms (we need that big time!) are the codes posted on mousesavers?

btw: what part of Illinois are you from?

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

Original Poster
Originally posted by Dwarful
Thanks for the info. I got up early today and snagged our group reservations for Cindys' breakfast, so I guess I'll push my luck and try for a discount on the rooms (we need that big time!) are the codes posted on mousesavers?

btw: what part of Illinois are you from?

Congrats on your Cindy's reservations. Those are hard to come by. The codes will be on mousesavers either early tomorrow morning or late tonight. Best of luck :)

Oh and before I forget I'm from Springfield. What part of IL do you call home?

Upvote 0

sarajo

To Dwarful:

There was a thread on this very topic- the March 9th codes- from last week. It can be found in the "park news and rumors" area. I don't know how accurate it is, but you can look at them and see if they are for you.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Thanks for all the info. Every penny saved is a penny for the penny press machines ;)

side note to wdwfan22... I am from Godfrey! Went to college at Blackburn in Carlinville, so I have made many trips to the White Oaks Mall, shame about that shooting there the other day.

Upvote 0

jriddle

The codes are true!!!! We just called Disney with our reservation #, & they knocked off another $900 for our 10 day stay at the Beach Club.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

what codes did you use because when I just called the discount wasn't that great! Actually I am doing the math right now to see if the Visa Card discount isn't a better deal for us. we are room only rates.

Upvote 0

Disney2002

Been on hold for 20 minutes now. I've heard music from Mulan, Hunchback, Tarzan.....

by the way... anyone apply codes to an existing res? Interested to hear how that went.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well, it took 3 phone calls, about an hour on hold and then I managed to save $1300 on our exsisting reservations! WHOO HOOO! IT was worth it!

First call, the lady adjusted the rate, but it only was a difference of about $600. Not what I was expecting!

Second call, the Gentleman at CRO said I could NOT apply any discounts to a Magical Gatherings! So I didn't think that would be right, so I said "thanks alot" hung up and called back!

Third call, this lady was very helpful! She had a whole list of codes and she checked several different codes to see what the best rate I could get on our exsisting reservations! WELL that lovely lady saved us $1300 on our Magical Gatherings reservation! So I am a very happy person~ Two days in a row! Yesterday with Cindy's breakfast reservations and now a great room rate for all 12 in our party~

Upvote 0

dizneeboy

Just an FYI...

If you have a Disney Visa card and were planning on staying in the value resorts anyway, then use your card to get the best rate (even after todays rates). Values are $69/night (savings of $5/night). Its only for value resorts and does not apply for moderates or deluxe.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well what rate did they give you for the ap rate at a value resort then? Because the third cm tried four different codes, I only had two codes, but she said the AP rate would be the best deal, because the only other deal that would meet that would be a florida resident code. We have 3 rooms, 9 nights and paid with taxes and such $1776, which equals $65.76 per night with taxes included. So that was cheaper than what we could get if I used the Disney Visa Card discount. For us it didn't matter either way because the whole trip for 12 people, ap's, rest. reservations etc. is all going on my DVCard to earn those points.

Upvote 0

dizneeboy

Pam from Kingdom Konsultants said that the rate Disney published on the 9th ($74/night at the value resorts) included tax. So, the price was the same as the DVCard. However, I was told by Disney that was a standard room rate. With the DVcard, I was able to reserve a preferred room (usually $10 more/night) at 69+tax or $74.

Sounds like you got a great deal too Dwarful. I didn't use the AP rates because I allowed my AP to expire last year and they ask for verification of the pass upon check in...at least they used to when I used those rates in the past.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Yeah, we were pleased with the rate, great savings. We are all getting the ap's because we will be going to the parks all but one day, that day we will be at the beach. Plus we are planning on a return trip in the spring. Either way, it was a break even w/ the passes as we will be in the parks for 9 days. The cm who booked our rates was very helpful, and I should mention I was calling the special number for the Grand Gatherings. We didn't go for the preferred room which would have bumped it up to $74 a night, because at $10 per night, per room for 3 rooms for 9 nights, it was an extra $300 that we decided to spend on some character meals.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I think you got a pretty good rate, since you went with the preferred room. We paid roughly $65 per night, per room for Pop Century June 4-13th tax included. So it was $59 per night prior to all taxes.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom