Room discount or Free Dining?

kasey1988

Hi All, I am thinking about getting some friends together for a trip in the fall (Early September).
I dont believe you can combine discounts, so i am wondering what would be the best option, free dining or room discount? (We also have CAA (Canadas version of AAA, if that would give us any other discounts?)
We are university students and just looking for the best deal for a magical vacation :)

Computer Magic

This really depends on your unique situation. The cost varies based on the number of people, time of year and where you stay. Either call KK, Disney or go to the website and punch in the different situations.

If my wife and I go, the discount would be cheaper, if we stay at a deluxe during peak time.

Upvote 0

GaBookworm

You're going to have to do the math based on these factors:

Resort level and the price you get with only a room discount.
Room price at full rate less the value of what the dining plan would cost x number of people in your party.
Keep in mind that 'free' dining at the Value resorts is usually only Counter Service.

Also- do you really want to be tied down to many dining reservations or would you like to eat in a more spontaneous manner, i.e., counter service.
What are your eating habits- heavy eaters or eat and go types.

In general the more people in your party, the more valuable 'free' dining might be. The higer the level of resort, Value/Moderate/Deluxe, the more a room discount wins.

Good luck,
:)

Upvote 0
I will tell you that for an 8 night stay in late Sept for two at Animal Kingdom Lodge with Park Hopper, Savanna View, and Trip Insurance was 4200 with Free Dining and 2500 with just the discount. We changed that to the discount very quickly when I saw that much of a difference.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
A Value resort with free QS dining is close to break-even for two people in the room compared to the room discount. If you have more than two to a room, free dining is generally a better deal.

That said, there are lots of factors to be considered, Which level of resort, what level of free dining is offered, what discount on rooms is offered, is an AP discount worth have one of your party get an AP for and if getting an AP, is Tables in Wanderland a better deal than free dining?

Upvote 0
We're taking a party of 6 in August. We found the Free DDP to be the better way to go even though we did upgrade to the deluxe plan.

I find that calling them works wonders. They will take the time to work with you to tell you which is the better deal. Here's the key point, be sure to know the discounts ahead of time using mousesavers or similar WDW discount sites. They may not volunteer discounts unless you know of them before you call.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom