Room discount after booking

mbroschak

Im sure this has been answered 50 times on this thread, but if I book a stay now for November and they come out with room discounts closer to those dates, will I still get the discount? Or do I need to wait for them to come out to book?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Yes your question has been asked numerous times. ;)

If you book at rack rate and a discount becomes available, you can modify your reservation online or call Disney and ask for the discount to be applied. The caveat is that discounts apply to SELECT room catergories, so you may have to upgrade your room or even switch resorts. Or you may get lucky and get a discount for your existing room.
(Disney will not automatically give your existing reservation a discount. You need to act.)

Disney releases discounts to fill unsold rooms. If everyone books at rack rate hoping for a future discount, Disney considers those rooms already booked and has less incentive to offer discounts.

Bottom line ~ if you want a particular resort room and are willing to pay rack rate, book now. Otherwise it is better to wait for the fall discount offer.

Upvote 0

mbroschak

Original Poster
Yes your question has been asked numerous times. ;)

If you book at rack rate and a discount becomes available, you can modify your reservation online or call Disney and ask for the discount to be applied. The caveat is that discounts apply to SELECT room catergories, so you may have to upgrade your room or even switch resorts. Or you may get lucky and get a discount for your existing room.
(Disney will not automatically give your existing reservation a discount. You need to act.)

Disney releases discounts to fill unsold rooms. If everyone books at rack rate hoping for a future discount, Disney considers those rooms already booked and has less incentive to offer discounts.

Bottom line ~ if you want a particular resort room and are willing to pay rack rate, book now. Otherwise it is better to wait for the fall discount offer.

Thank you so much for the detailed answer, I really appreciate it!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom