Room Decor at POFQ

Yellow Shoes

Like many of you, I am torn between POR and POFQ for the next trip because I can see advantages to both.

I have seen pictures of the rooms at both the Bayou and the Mansions, but I haven't seen a picture of the FQ rooms.

Can anyone tell me what they are like, or better yet, post a photo?

Thanks--you guys are the greatest!

maureen ashton

Me too!! Can't decide for next year. All you guys raving about PO I can't wait to stay there, but as Yellow Shoes says can't decide. I was into a sight a couple months back, full of pictures of everything, forgot to put it into my favourites and now can't find it. If anyone could help me out I promise not to lose it again (helpful hint the text on the pictures as all in French). Thanks.

Upvote 0

leaf44

Here are three excellent sights for pictures of any resort:

http://wdwig.com/faq_hot.htm

Just scroll down the list on the left hand side of the page, both Riverside and French Quarter should be there. Click on photos and there are several of room interiors.

This is a great sight for planning as well, there is info here on pretty much everything possible!

http://64.41.109.164/resorts.htm

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/photos.html#resorts

Also has lots of info to offer.

Hope this helps! Have fun planning:) !

(oops, I wasn't fast enough SewIn2Disney beat me on the first link:D )

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Thanks! Those give a good idea of what the furniture, bedspreads, etc look like.

:hammer: I had forgotten all about wdwig.com !!

Hmmmm--I'm also thinking that I like the decor better than the Bayou, and liking that it is a smaller resort with less walking (Mom will be in an ECV)

POFQ is looking better and better.

Upvote 0
Keep in mind that POFQ has no sit down restaurant. If that isn't a big deal then by all means, I would recommend FQ. I've only eaten breakfast DL so I can't comment on the dinner there.

Either way, have a great time.

Brant

Upvote 0

jcrb

Heres the deal I wish they would just change back the names to the Port Orleans and The Dixie Landings.

Great old names- Two resorts in one stinks.

How can you call Dixie Landings the Port Orleans - their themes is totally different.

Personally - I like both and I have stayed at both many of times.

I recommend flipping a coin!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I would definately choose French Quarter. When I was there this year I took a walk over to Riverside and looked around the property. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be in one of the back buildings and have to go to the foodcourt. The walk is very long. French Quarter is perfect because everything is so close together.

Also...Remember that Riverside is right next door. You can walk there, take a boat, or a take a bus to get there. So if you want to eat there or use it's recreation all you have to do is take one of the above and you are there. So the resort choice really isn't a big deal.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there Yellow Shoes!! I just stayed in the Mansions section of Riverside. I have previously stayed at POFQ. I prefer Riverside, but then again I really think that is because I LOVE Boatwrights for breakfast. That is the sit down restaurant in Riverside. My Mom was not into walking a lot either, but was not in an ECV. She preferred Riverside as the food was better. We didnt care for the food court at FQ. It was OK for breakfast, but they have also redone the resort since I was there last so I really cant say what it is like now. If you consider Riverside ask for accomodations at Parterre Place. I did that and had opted for a water view and we had a great room right at the footbridge to the main building. Mom said the location was perfect. Parterre is Nonsmoking but I believe Oak Manor(right next door) is a smoking building if that is a concern. Both would be good for easy access, althouh I am not sure if your Mom's ECV will go over the footbridge as it has metal horsehead posts on the ends of it. Id Call the resort itself and ask, not CRO. The Phone number is also on www.wdwig.com. Good luck and enjoy whichever you choose!! Belle

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by jcrb
Heres the deal I wish they would just change back the names to the Port Orleans and The Dixie Landings.

Great old names- Two resorts in one stinks.

How can you call Dixie Landings the Port Orleans - their themes is totally different.

Personally - I like both and I have stayed at both many of times.

I recommend flipping a coin!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

It will always be Dixie Landings in my heart. I agree totally. That is like calling St. Louis New Orleans North. The 2 have nothing to do with each other. DL used to be my favorite resort, but since we joined the DVC we proubably won't be staying there again anytime soon anyway.

I have also stayed at both, AB is my personal fav, but all 3 are great.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Warning - I'm using the old school names for the resorts ....the new ones just confuse/annoy me! :lol:

I love Port Orleans! It is beautifully themed and compact - the lack of a sit-down resturant doesn't bother me 'cause I probably wouldn't eat there anyway! :animwink: Of course, the last time I stayed there, Mousekeeping was definately not doing their best work, but I do hope that was a temporary problem.

I do also love the AB section of Dixie Landings - it feels very private and the rooms are beautiful as well.

I am not at all a fan of the Manor section of DL - most rooms involve too much walking to get to the parking areas and bus stops, and the buildings are just too "cheap motel meets GWTW" for me...

Just my .02 !! :)

Upvote 0

Marijil

French Quarter is much better...more concentrated....Riverside is really spread out and if you get the wrong room , you are a long walk from anything. It stinks that they got rid of Bonfamilles leaving FQ w/o a full service restaurant....but I still choose FQ

Upvote 0

BKLMickey

I'm going to use the original Resort names as well.

DL is a large and spread out resort. But if you call ahead and request to be close to the main building the CM's will attempt to accommodate you. I have had pretty good success doing that.

DL has a bigger food court and even though it can be very crouded it is designed to handle the crowds. DL also has the sit down resteraunt (Boatwrights).

If you don't mind the walking DL has a nice leisurely feel. In the mornings my wife loves seeing the rabbits out and about.

PO is more compact and as a single theme. Unlike the different sections at DL. The New Olreans theming is great.

The first time my family stayed there we enjoyed Bonfamilles so we missed it when we were there last June.

We were there not long after it had reopened last June. Even though there were less people than DL it was slower getting in and out of the food court. My wife had problems make special requests on her breakfasts. Maybe they were still ramping up after being closed.

Both resorts share bus service so that is not and issue.

For what it's theres some info for you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom