Romantic

Tenny317

My boyfriend and I are going to Disney in September. I was wondering what are some romantic things to do including resturants (not TOO expensive) and other tidbits. Thank you :)!

Ciciwoowoo

Tenny,

There are some lovely paths between Fort Wilderness and the Wilderness Lodge that you can walk along. Its very quiet and peaceful in the woods.

Sunset on a beach is always good, and the Poly has one of the best, IMO.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Some of the most romantic restaurants that I've found would be at World Showcase in Epcot--some of them can get expensive, but you should be able to find one that isn't over the top pretty easily. Just about everything at Disney is romantic, though--I think it's almost for honeymooners more than kids, myself. I second the Polynesian at sunset, and Wilderness Lodge is also gorgeous at night, as are ANY of the parks around and just after closing. For example, stay in the Magic Kingdom after closing for the "Kiss Goodnight," which you will pretty much get to see with just a few other guests in the park. I could see Downtown Disney being nice...though less so with all its construction now. How about animal-watching at Animal Kingdom Lodge? While you are at it, you can explore the far less-traveled pathways at Animal Kingdom. All of the dark rides in Fantasyland CAN be romantic, given the right mood...especially Peter Pan's Flight. I also like taking the boat ride across World Showcase Lagoon right around sunset. Ok this is just making me think of my ex...and how I need a new girlfriend haha. Have a fun trip--you really don't have to spend a fortune to find romantic things to do at Disney World--good timing helps the most.

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

It sounds kinda strange, but I found parasailing very romantic when we tried it. It was about $75 (2 years ago) to go up together. You're all alone up there with amazing views of all the parks and resorts. The boats take off behind the Contemporary at the Marina.
Are you staying at one of the resorts? We ordered strawberries and champagne from AKL and it was waiting for us in our room the night after we were engaged.
I've heard Port Orleans Riverside has carriage rides for I think around $35 around the resort. I've never done it before, but it sounds pretty romantic.
Like the others have mentioned, there are tons of free things to do. I'd add a walk on the Boardwalk at night onto that list of free things. We also enjoy the walk from the Polynesian, past the wedding pavillion, to the Grand Floridian around sunset as well. Enjoy your planning! :wave:

Upvote 0

SarahBella82

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Ok this is just making me think of my ex...and how I need a new girlfriend haha. Have a fun trip--you really don't have to spend a fortune to find romantic things to do at Disney World--good timing helps the most.

Ah, that's sweet... :)

I think the romance is the person you're there with. (Wish I had someone to share it all with...) Have a great time, and embrace the madness!

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Tenny317 said:
My boyfriend and I are going to Disney in September. I was wondering what are some romantic things to do including resturants (not TOO expensive) and other tidbits. Thank you :)!

get your reservaton to WDW changed to the free dining, it's offered through Sept. Then you can eat WHEREVER YOU WANT -- FOR FREE. We're going sept 30- oct 8. You just can't go to Vic and Alberts.. but EVERYWHERE ELSE IS FREE!!!!

Upvote 0

Tenny317

Original Poster
JimboJones123 said:
get your reservaton to WDW changed to the free dining, it's offered through Sept. Then you can eat WHEREVER YOU WANT -- FOR FREE. We're going sept 30- oct 8. You just can't go to Vic and Alberts.. but EVERYWHERE ELSE IS FREE!!!!

what, are you being sarcastic?

Upvote 0

justducky78

There are so many romantic spots. I agree with the poly beach at sunset or for the fireworks. But we're partial because we got engaged there!

We like getting dressed up for dinner at the california grill. Or an early morning, late night walk on the boardwalk.

San Angel restaurant (mexico) can be kind of romantic with the lights strung above you and the boats passing by.

Anything can be romantic - even the TTA (people mover) late at night!

Upvote 0

bgraham34

One of my favorites is to Rent a boat and sit and watch people come in and out of the Magic Kingdom or just drive around and enjoy each other.

Upvote 0

VT GAL

My husband and I totally enjoyed the San Angel Inn in Mexico, because the atmosphere is great in there! And another night we went to Main Street and got different kinds of fudge and caramel apples before Wishes, and we sat down on a bench to enjoy our sweets and a snuggle during the fireworks...It was awesome.

Upvote 0

captcanada

VT GAL said:
My husband and I totally enjoyed the San Angel Inn in Mexico, because the atmosphere is great in there! And another night we went to Main Street and got different kinds of fudge and caramel apples before Wishes, and we sat down on a bench to enjoy our sweets and a snuggle during the fireworks...It was awesome.

San Angel Inn...thats the name I was trying to think of.
I second this whole heartedly!!! I went, and loved it!
My heart totally melted in there. And I'm not an overly sentimental guy.

Upvote 0

disneyash

Nothing's more romantic than either a nighttime stroll through the Dixie (P.O Riverside) or fireworks from the Poly beach. Both are free, but adding a dinner at O'Hana is always a nice idea. My sister just was proposed to in the World Showcase last Monday though! He was supposed to wait til their reservation at the San Angell Inn, but i guess nerves got the best of him!! My longterm/live-in boyfriend and I are going down next month and I can only pray anything like that happens!!!!!!!!! AHH!!! But yeah, Disney as a whole can be a very romantic experience, even screaming along on Rock 'N Roller Coaster. Just make the most of every moment :eek:

Upvote 0

cheshiresmile

my fiance and i got all dressed up and sat at an outdoor table at alfredos. if you get the dining plan, you don't have to worry about the cost. we got a nice bottle of wine and split some tiramisou. we were there about an hour and a half, because we were just taking our time with the wine and enjoying the setting. even in november it was very nice out. we also have a very nice pic of us afterwards in front of the neptune fountain. renee

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom