Romantic/fun ideas?

AliBite

My boyfriend and I are headed to Disney World May 11th for a week, and we're staying at the Contemporary resort. Anyone have any ideas of anything romantic or just more geared towards adults? The only things I can think of are the nicer restaurants and maybe downtown/Boardwalk area? I know they can do special boat cruises ect, but I'm hoping not to spend a lot more money than we already have :happy:

Thank you guys!

belledream

• Watch Wishes from the observation deck of Contemporary or the beaches of Polynesian
  • Characters in Flight hot air balloon at DTD (~$18 per person)
  • Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance Hall on Boardwalk
  • Carnival games at Boardwalk
  • Get on the Friendship Boats around Yacht/Beach Club area at night if you want a boat ride without paying extra
  • World Showcase at night
  • Sit on the grass by DTD West Side and listen to music (not sure how it looks with all the construction though)

Upvote 0

AliBite

Original Poster
Thank you so much! I didn't even know there was a hot air balloon! Is there usually a line, or is there someway to reserve in advance?

Upvote 0

belledream

No reservations, but I don't think you'll encounter a long wait either. The issue is more of luck - if it's a bit windy, it won't operate. I've been by twice and it wasn't running. :( Hope it works out for you!

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Ride the boat over to WL late afternoon or evening. Order a bottle of wine and the cheese fondue in the Territory Lounge.
Carriage ride at PORS in the evening
Sitting in the lobby of GF when the band is playing
Dinner at Sci Fi in a car booth sitting next to each other(its really dark in there)
I think riding the River Boat at MK and the Steam Train is kinda romantic...
Watching Illuminations

Upvote 0

KCheatle

There is a walkway between WL and Ft. Wilderness Campgrounds. You can bike on it or you can just take a nice stroll. The nice thing is you end up at Ft. Wilderness which has tons of things to see and do, and when you are done, you can just grab the boat back to the Contemp. Also, they have nightly outdoor movies at the Contemp. They also have a s'mores and sing-a-long where chip and dale come out at Ft. Wilderness with a nighttime movie that plays. It's a lot of fun. Kind of a trek to get to, but a lot of fun ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom