Romance in Disney

pepples22

Original Poster
:wave: Everyone,

It has been a while since I logged on.
All my trips to Disney has a family event with my Parents. :xmas: Last Christmas was excellent to be there :xmas: Even went to MVMCP!

I am going again May next year (I have a while to wait yet - only 259 days!).
This time I am going to Disney I am taking my fiancee that has never ever been (I know, how shocking is that! :eek: ) I want to make it the best trip ever ... SO my question is: -
As this is a first time of taking my partner I wondered if anyone out there has done anything romantic for their partners in Disney?? Or is there any special views that are romantic to see??

Just looking for ideas to make it special. Thanks

Lanipie

I know this isn't a HUGE suggestion, but I always find it romantic at San Angel, the restaurant inside the Mexico pavilion at EPCOT. The atmosphere makes it feel like you guys are on your honeymoon in Mexico or something.

pepples22

Original Poster
I know this isn't a HUGE suggestion, but I always find it romantic at San Angel, the restaurant inside the Mexico pavilion at EPCOT. The atmosphere makes it feel like you guys are on your honeymoon in Mexico or something.

Awww that sounds nice, I did remember pasting that restaurant last time and I did quite like Mexico.

Thanks for the suggestion! :sohappy:

E_Blackadder

I alway find that a nice dinner at the California Grill timed with the fireworks show is alway a good bet. The cost might hit the wallet hard depending on what you have, but the view and atmosphere up there cannot be beat.

daverube

After a long day of walking and riding around EPCOT, the wife-to-be and I LOVE to get a couple of glasses of wine at the wine cart in front of France and then sit and relax at the little outdoor bistro tables....

Being outside with mucho people isn't always the most romatic thing...then again, I believe that romance is what YOU make of it....

Have fun...

dave

Ciciwoowoo

Sitting on the beach and watching the electric water pageant is always nice! I favor Fort Wilderness or the Poly, but that is simply from fond memories. :)

Actually, sometimes you can time it if you go to the Hoop-Dee-Doo, when you get out, the fireworks will be going, and then the water pageant. Its a terrific ending for a wonderful day!

pepples22

Original Poster
Sitting on the beach and watching the electric water pageant is always nice! I favor Fort Wilderness or the Poly, but that is simply from fond memories. :)

Actually, sometimes you can time it if you go to the Hoop-Dee-Doo, when you get out, the fireworks will be going, and then the water pageant. Its a terrific ending for a wonderful day!

Sorry never heard of the water pageant - is this something I have been missing :eek:

Yoop33

Sorry never heard of the water pageant - is this something I have been missing :eek:

I believe the water pageant is the light and music show provided by the boats with lights on them. You would find this in the 7 Seas Lagoon after Magic Kingdom closes. Sometimes you won't see it at all but is easily found if you are looking for it. Nomally if you are parked at TTC you will notice it on the monorail ride to the TTC

Yoop33

As for something romantic..... You can't beat a specialty cruise. Especially if you can get or afford the Grand 1 Yacht. I took one of the small cruises for just me and the lady and we loved it. Our captain was amazing and very informative. The give you drinks and snaks and normally can asnwer any questions you have about the park..... or they can just sit there and drive the boat so you two can enjoy yourselves. The cruise typically ends with sitting infront of Magic Kingdom to catch "Wishes" the firworks show.
Can't beat it
Call reservations or look at http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/moreMagic/otherRecDetail?id=OtherRecSpecialtyCruisesDetailPage

WDWCP

Water Pagent - Can be seen nightly from the beaches of Ft. Wilderness Campground, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, Poly, and Grand Floridian. (Did I miss anywhere?) Anyway, check with the front desk (of any Disney resort) and they can tell you specific times for each of the different locations.

Suggestions for romantic ideas:

Find a hammock or chairs on the beach of the Poly. You can stay there for a few hours and catch the Water Pagent, AND the MK Wishes fireworks show in the same night and it won't cost a penny or use up a day's park admission.

Rent a boat for a fireworks cruise - This can get expensive

Rent bikes or a 2-person bike in Ft. Wilderness Campground

Horse back riding at the Campground

Hayride at the Port Orleans resorts

Walking around hand-in-hand along the Boardwalk area

Riding some of the ferry boats around - I like the ride from Downtown Disney to Port Orleans

I've got tons more suggestions, but don't have much time to be writing them down right now as I'm at work and really should be "working" right now!

:wave:

J76

One of my favorite spots is dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. The view is amazing. Make sure to request a window seat.

figment1985

My boyfriend and I ate at Cinderellas Royal table for our last night at WDW. After we finished our meal we walked out of the castle and were the ONLY ones standing in the archway of the castle. We walked out the ledge and saw the parade at night and then the fireworks. It was beautiful.

laalaa

Romance

Are you staying in Disney?

What about having the disney florists deliver a bouquet to your room?

I know there is one arrangement that comes with a glass slipper.

Expensive though.

eroyee

:wave: Romantic carriage ride at POR at night. we have done it. its neat. have a magical trip. First timer.....wow.!!!:sohappy:

Mr Wizard

I have to put in a second vote for the boat ride to see the fireworks, if you can afford it. Haven't done the big boat but the basic pontoon boat with just two people is great. The views are incredible and we found it very romantic. You have to pay extra for "adult" drinks and decorations ( I set it up in secret for our 15th annaversary, they did a great job ) and my wife loved it. And we got some really neat pictures too.

Dukeblue1016

I didn't read any responses (sorry I'm at work, gotta be quick and to the point when posting), but these are things I did for my gf this past trip

1. California Grill at 9:00 p.m. with a window seat so we could watch the fireworks at 10... beautiful view
2. Watched Wishes from the beach at the Polynesian (very romantic, its dark, its a beach, beautiful view, and luckily there were not a lot of kids around, although i've heard sometimes there are)
3. Just finding a quiet spot for Illumintations at Epcot can be romantic since its a more romantic show than wishes...

have fun either way

oochr1soo

since everyone keeps saying the boats, how expensive are they? lol.. do you have to do food on them?

also on the POR horse carriage ride, do you need reservations for this? or is it first come first serve deal?

jjgoo

Get a table at the cafe in France for a late dinner. Then sit and enjoy Illuminations from right there. You don't see the fireworks perfectly, but the whole setting is very romantic.

That is going to be one of my honeymoon dinners this Oct. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom