Trip Report RofR Attempt...a story of bad luck

Stayed at The Boardwalk Inn. I woke up on Friday at 5:47am. I turned to my husband and i said "let's go to HS!". I did my best to convince him but alas he was sick and went back to sleep. I decided to go by myself.

It all started smooth - i walked to HS got in line with the mob of people and waited for Park open - Got in - Got my Boarding Group 31 and went into the park to Toy Story Land. Rode Slinky, and Toy Story Mania. I'm monitoring the app all while doing this.. about 8:30ish i noticed the numbers were not rising past Boarding Group 23. I walked over the SWGE and the ride was down. OK fine...I had a 9:45 ADR in Epcot. So i went back to room freshened up and headed to Epcot.

My Boarding group gets called while i am walking in Epcot.

As we were waiting 20 mins to get seated i decided to go back to HS and ride the ride. I had until 11:35am to get there! Plenty of time but i figured i would leave around 10:20ish to get back to HS.

I. got. caught. in. a. torrential. downpour.

I get to RotR soaking wet - and it's down. Does not operate in the rain. I asked the CM if i should wait it out he said No because it takes about 35-45 mins to reboot the ride. He did tell me i could come back anytime because it went past my 2 hour mark.

I had plans the rest of the day in Epcot with my family and i had already went back forth twice. After much deliberation - I decided to call it a wash and not go back. It was just a series of bad luck on... Friday the 13th i later realized. I will be back again and i will ride this ride! I did not see it as a total loss because i did ride Slinky which is great.

NothatDonald

We were there during the downpour too. Hid out in Oga’s and afterward got on the skyliner and spent rest of the day in Epcot. Maybe you remember seeing us? We were the ones that looked like drowned rats. LOL

NothatDonald

112237DE-B193-4F2D-8ABE-BF6FBA55285F.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom