Rode Orange but may do Green now

graphite1326

Original Poster
Mission Space:. I rode it when it first came out. There was only one option then. I didn't experience any motion sickness but did have a slight headache the rest of the day. Although, I really enjoyed the ride but I haven't been on it since because of my age and know I would experience motion sickness. I am thinking of doing green on our next visit but apprehensive because the original ride was fun because of the G forces and feeling of really taking off. I am not sure if it will be worth wasting time doing the green.

Thoughts?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Green is actually pretty good.

Personally, I love orange, but the wife can't deal with it so I flip back and forth between the two depending on the party I am traveling with. While orange is a much better thrill, green is still a really good attraction where the g-forces are simulated to a much lesser extent by leaning the cab backward.

trainplane3

Mission Space:. I rode it when it first came out. There was only one option then. I didn't experience any motion sickness but did have a slight headache the rest of the day. Although, I really enjoyed the ride but I haven't been on it since because of my age and know I would experience motion sickness. I am thinking of doing green on our next visit but apprehensive because the original ride was fun because of the G forces and feeling of really taking off. I am not sure if it will be worth wasting time doing the green.

Thoughts?
I'd do it. The wait for M:S is what, 20 minutes tops on most days?

Personally I enjoy green more. The rocket fly-by and landing sections are my favorite. Orange is much, much prettier ever since the refurb in 2017. It no longer looks like a pre-rendered cut scene from a PS2!

Hank Hill

I'd do it. The wait for M:S is what, 20 minutes tops on most days?

Personally I enjoy green more. The rocket fly-by and landing sections are my favorite. Orange is much, much prettier ever since the refurb in 2017. It no longer looks like a pre-rendered cut scene from a PS2!
Yep, up to PS3 standards now. LOL.

I like orange, but it does make me queasy usually for a little bit. Green is pretty boring IMO.

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
If what made it fun to you was the G-forces then I wouldn't bother.
But maybe if the line isn't long and you have the time then it wouldn't be too bad.

SirWillow

We did green on my last visit. First time doing it. Actually think I preferred it to the Orange version. It's a completely different mission- you aren't going to Mars. And like you, after I come off of Orange I just feel "off" a little bit. So it was nice to be able to enjoy it without being bothered afterwards.

Kevin_W

We did green on my last visit. First time doing it. Actually think I preferred it to the Orange version. It's a completely different mission- you aren't going to Mars. And like you, after I come off of Orange I just feel "off" a little bit. So it was nice to be able to enjoy it without being bothered afterwards.

But are you going to Mars on Orange? Or are you just training to go to Mars? I feel like the storyline of the attraction can never quite figure that out. I was disappointed that they kept the script word for word during the recent update.

The green side actually makes sense! Though I still enjoy the G-forces on the orange side.

KCheatle

My DH and I did orange originally and were sick all day afterward. As a family we now do green, and we all love it. I think the plethora of bad orange experiences made a lot of people avoid the ride completely, and I don't think WDW does a good job of explaining what the green version is. Since people don't know what the green ride entails I think many avoid the entire ride because they don't want to get in over their heads. I think it's unfortunate because the green ride really is good.

JIMINYCR

Ive never had an issue with the intense version, so I ride that multiple times. I have gone on both sides just to experience the differences between the two. If you are certain you will have motion sickness and a headache than dont take a chance, ( sometimes people can talk/ work themselves into an anxiety level that makes them sick) just do the easier level. The less intense side is still fun. Why take a chance on ruining the rest of your day?

NelleBelle

I'd love to try orange again, especially now that my kids are old enough and enjoy "thrill" rides. But the 1st (and only) time I rode orange I came out with rupture blood vessels in my eye. Now I'm too chicken and will only ride green. I usually don't read any of those "health precaution" signs with any seriousness with the exception of this ride 🥴

bubbles1812

Haha. I made a comment about this in another thread. MS has never been a favorite but I’ll usually go on it once a trip but... I was on Orange Friday and when I came off, my body was telling me no more. I kinda felt like my organs were in revolt afterwards so not sure Orange will get another ride from me again, so it’s great to hear people enjoy green. I’ve never been on it.

(That being said, with Orange, being up since 4 am with lack of food other than snacks and dehydration were probably also contributors:cautious:).

DisneyDreamer08

My daughter will be 9 and loves space but hates thrill rides. The most she can handle is Mine Train. She keeps going back and forth on riding MS Green. What does everyone think? I’ve heard it’s really confined and claustrophobic.

NelleBelle

My daughter will be 9 and loves space but hates thrill rides. The most she can handle is Mine Train. She keeps going back and forth on riding MS Green. What does everyone think? I’ve heard it’s really confined and claustrophobic.
My son, who has always been an anxious kid (when he was younger we had to force him on HM, PoTC, etc), when we was about 9-10, he was ok doing green. He had been on some simulator rides at DisneyQuest (so this was a while ago) and when I told him it was just like one of those rides, he was fine. I told him to just look at the screen and do what it told him to do. I'm the one who gets claustrophobic and I just tell myself to breath through it and am fine. Of course, there is always bribery--we bought a ride pin for every new ride our kids "conquered." 😉

Corgi

Just don't turn your head to the side at any time during the ride, especially while it's starting up. Your brain will realize you're not actually "blasting off" and are actually just spinning around a lot. That would make the ride a whole lot worse.

Chef Mickey

Mission Space is an underrated and under appreciated attraction.

It’s not IP, it’s ON THEME with EPCOT, it’s thrilling, it’s unique, and the story is something we can all get excited about...space travel.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is very confined and claustrophobic, but BTMRR and Star Tours are a rougher rides.

Texas84

I really enjoyed green. Just wish we could do at least one more orbit. The only problem I had with orange was liftoff. Felt like I was going to black out until we went weightless. The rest of the flight was no problem.

KaliSplash

My wife and I did green last month. We and our sons did the original orange in soft openings and were blown away. Did that several other times. The last two or three times my wife and I went alone we did green. Previously on green, it was the same as orange without the spinning. This time it was an Earth orbit trip. Was disappointed not to be going to Mars and it was much less exciting. But my wife was happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom