Rockin' Roller Coaster Ideas

What theme should I give to Rockin' Roller Coaster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScorpionX

Original Poster
In my plans for the big revamp of Disney's Hollywood Studios (called Walt Disney World Studios in Gemini Series), I want to keep Rockin' Roller Coaster, but I am not sure what to theme it as. Should I theme to one particular band/artist, or should I do something similar to the Great Movie Ride and have many different bands/artists showcased in the ride? Please vote for your opinion in the above poll.

mydogipluto

of the bands you listed, Aerosmith is the best. They are current, american and classic.

Kiss is not current and while Aerosmith's image is not exactly Disney, Kiss is about as far away as possible.

Journey/Styx/Foreigner/etc -too old, kids would need a primer first

AC/DC/ - not american (this was said to be a requirement when RRC opened)

Beatles - love the music, can't imagine it on the ride.

GNR - a personal favorite but they make Kiss look like Mouseketeers and Axl would never give up the liscence

Best option, IMO, would be Bon Jovi. Clean (ish) cut, classic and current, american and they seem like they would be easy to work with. Picture "You Give Love a Bad Name" blaring in the opening tunnel.

cheezbat

Love the Beatles...and really enjoy Aerosmith...

but if they could do ANYTHING, I would suggest them going the route Unversal did with the Rockit and make it so each rider can pick their own selection.

Nowdays it's kinda tough, seeing as how so many of the newer music is full of profanity and inappropriate content...guess we'd have to make it a little more P.C. and use some older content. :ROFLOL:

nelsond1231

what do you mean KISS is too old for RRC and aerosmith isnt aerosmith is 1970 and KISS 1974. KISS is a huge band and would make the ride even more popular i think. but the song they would play is rock n roll all night and party every day and that song is extremely over played and im one of the biggest KISS fans ever. and yes aerosmith did an awesome job with this ride and if they dont change it i would be happy with that as well i love aerosmith but how awesome would it be riding that ride with high way to hell from ac/dc booming in your ear. that in my opinion would be the best song choice for that ride just not as family friendly

mydogipluto

You make my point. Rock and Roll all night is from 1975! At least Aerosmith has some current material and is still releasing new songs. And Steve Tyler on AI will certainly add interest to folks how are not current on Aerosmith.

Last time I saw Kiss was on AI with adam lambert! I don't think Kiss will add anything to RRC.

Again, I think Aerosmith is just fine. If they had to change (liscensing or somthing), I think Bon Jovi or some other band with a legacy and a song released after 2000 would be more appropriate.

goofy donald

you have to remember as well, if you change the band you have to change the pre show. At least they recorded Aerosmith before they started showing a ton of age and looked relatively youthful. nobody wants to see a bunch of 60 year olds that might be missing members they want to see the bands they remember.

nelsond1231

ya but its not new music from the classic bands that people love its the old music because thats what they grew up with people dont want to hear the aerosmith song that came out in 2011 they want to here the song from 84. now dont get me wrong aerosmith is awesome for this ride. but if they change it i would rather see a band as old as elvis on this ride than hannah montana cause thats what i figure they would do for money reasons.

wedenterprises

I love the current ride, but if it had to change i'd say none of the above.

My idea would be to theme it to Elvis. We have to travel from Hollywood to Vegas (and back?)... or something to that effect. It could be Vegas from '69 to the early 70s. Or even just keep it as hollywood.

Same basic story, but paint the cadillacs pink.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom