Rock ' n ' Rollercoaster

MattyMitch

Original Poster
Does anybody know where tower is for this attraction? I assume it's in the booth but now I am not so sure...

Also does anybody know what a CM/control panel looking thing is doing at the closest end of the unload platform as you enter in the car? Skip to 3 minutes and if you pause at roughly 3:02 you can see a CM standing on the right behind a false wall. You only catch a brief glimpse. I wonder if that could be the tower position? The control panel goes up the all and looks like it has a lot of buttons on it so I assume that is tower. If anyone could share anymore info I would be very grateful.

Rob562

Does anybody know where tower is for this attraction? I assume it's in the booth but now I am not so sure...

Also does anybody know what a CM/control panel looking thing is doing at the closest end of the unload platform as you enter in the car? Skip to 3 minutes and if you pause at roughly 3:02 you can see a CM standing on the right behind a false wall. You only catch a brief glimpse. I wonder if that could be the tower position? The control panel goes up the all and looks like it has a lot of buttons on it so I assume that is tower. If anyone could share anymore info I would be very grateful.

AFAIK, Tower is the parking attendant booth by Load, though it's possible there's another room overlooking the Launch area.

I'm not sure which "wall" you're talking about at Unload. The CM standing at the far end of the platform on the right is standing at a console meant to look like a concert equipment road case (black with silver edges). They're making sure the platform area stays clear while the train is in motion, ready to e-stop if, for example, a Guest were to suddenly re-enter the Unload platform from beyond the gates or from through the bypass corridor from Load.

-Rob

MattyMitch

Original Poster
AFAIK, Tower is the parking attendant booth by Load, though it's possible there's another room overlooking the Launch area.

I'm not sure which "wall" you're talking about at Unload. The CM standing at the far end of the platform on the right is standing at a console meant to look like a concert equipment road case (black with silver edges). They're making sure the platform area stays clear while the train is in motion, ready to e-stop if, for example, a Guest were to suddenly re-enter the Unload platform from beyond the gates or from through the bypass corridor from Load.

-Rob

Not the unloader, at 3:02 when the train pulls into the unload platform, look to the right immediately as the train enters the loading area. I have attached a screenshot. If you go to that point in the video you can also see the control panel briefly.

Attachments

• rocknroller.PNG
    rocknroller.PNG
    755.1 KB · Views: 373

MattyMitch

Original Poster
Here is a view of the control panel, blurry because the train is moving but you can clearly see a large panel with several buttons illuminated. Judging by the yellow background on some of the buttons I would say they are the maintenance buttons or possibly it could be used for the switch track. However, I have watched several other videos to consolidate my theory and each one there is a CM standing there and it is highly unlikely that during each video they are swapping a train.

Attachments

• rocknroller2.PNG
    rocknroller2.PNG
    825.2 KB · Views: 347

Rob562

Here is a view of the control panel, blurry because the train is moving but you can clearly see a large panel with several buttons illuminated. Judging by the yellow background on some of the buttons I would say they are the maintenance buttons or possibly it could be used for the switch track. However, I have watched several other videos to consolidate my theory and each one there is a CM standing there and it is highly unlikely that during each video they are swapping a train.

Unload is frequently overseen by two CM's. And yes, it's presumable that some of the controls at that position are for moving trains in and out of storage.

-Rob

MattyMitch

Original Poster
Unload is frequently overseen by two CM's. And yes, it's presumable that some of the controls at that position are for moving trains in and out of storage.

-Rob

But why is it hidden behind a wall? Also, why is there a need for 2CM's?

Rob562

But why is it hidden behind a wall? Also, why is there a need for 2CM's?

I don't see a wall. I see a railing that runs along the edge of the platform that they put a solid cover along part of, presumably to hide views from the train of something they didn't want guests to see. My guess is a view into the storage area.

Two CM's speeds up the unload process, makes it faster to check the train for things left behind by guests. Also adds an extra pair of eyes on guests coming from the photo area. It'd be a lot of running back and forth for the CM at the front of the platform to clear the train, stop it because a guest walked in, run over to guest and usher them out the gate, run back to console, restart train....etc

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom