Rock 'N' RollerCoaster

JannyWDW

Original Poster
Hi, quick question about this ride. I'm taking my oldest daughter on it. I'm a little nervous about going on and I want to make sure it's a safe ride. Do the employees check to make sure everyone is properly secured in their seats? Amusement parks up north tend to always check the seat belts themselves even on rides that don't go upside down. I noticed that employees don't do that at Disney but I've never been on RNRC. Do they check on this ride since it's a more intense ride? thanks!

Hi, quick question about this ride. I'm taking my oldest daughter on it. I'm a little nervous about going on and I want to make sure it's a safe ride. Do the employees check to make sure everyone is properly secured in their seats? Amusement parks up north tend to always check the seat belts themselves even on rides that don't go upside down. I noticed that employees don't do that at Disney but I've never been on RNRC. Do they check on this ride since it's a more intense ride? thanks!

Where in any Disney park do they not check? The only rides they dont check are the ones that dont have them

Raven66

Welcome to the boards.:wave: Sorry you got snippy answers instead of ones that might help with your fear.

When my daughter and husband went on it they had a blast. She first went on it when she was around 7(she is 14 now). They talked me into going on with them. I was so scared that she was going to fall out. But to put your mind at ease, they are checked. And not only did they check I did too. I pushed and pulled on hers and I even threaded my hand thru and held her hand just in case she fell out, I would be hanging onto her anyway. :ROFLOL: Needless to say, I don't go on anymore with them. She is taller then me now AND I'm still nervous about her going on. As long as she is tall enough then don't worry and have fun!!

Alexx

Disney check all of their seat belts otherwise the ride won't move. As long as she's not a stick insect and is tall enough to ride she'll be fine :)

Walt Disney1955

If it helps you at all, these days there are so many safety mechanisms on the rides that it is possible a ride won't function until everything is in place. Case in point, I was at Cedar Point last summer and while I didn't ride the Millennium there was a girl who got freaked out as they climbed the hill (318 feet) and she undid her seatbelt somehow. That particular coaster stopped in it's tracks. I have no idea where that girl thought she would go.

Don't worry, Disney is top notch when it comes to this stuff. She'll have a blast

EvanAnderson

Well technically, you yourself are the one checking your own restraint. The Cast Members just asks you to "push up!" on it to show them that it is locked, so it's essentially doing the same thing. They won't send the vehicle without a visual that all restraints are locked. Plus the ride's safety system won't let the train move unless the restraints are locked anyways.

HornsofaSteer

RNRC has a full on pull down restraint, so it is deffinately safe. :) Have a blast! Haha your daughter might actually need help getting the restraint up when the ride is over and they release, I know I even have a hard time sometimes!

Rob562

RNRC has a full on pull down restraint, so it is deffinately safe. :) Have a blast! Haha your daughter might actually need help getting the restraint up when the ride is over and they release, I know I even have a hard time sometimes!

FYI, with Vekoma over-the-shoulder restraints (Vekoma is the manufacturer of the coaster itself) if they're pulled very tight they often get "stuck" when they unlock at the unload platform. Simply pull down further on the restraint (or have someone push down on it) and it will unlatch.

And to the OP, Disney rides are probably among the safest amusement rides in the country. As long as your child is tall enough, and they know not to do anything unsafe on the ride, you have nothing to worry about.

-Rob

AswaySuller

No, they don't check restraints. There's no system that checks them either.

It's up to your discretion whether you want to stay on the ride or fall out... I like to mix between the two so I get to experience both!

The Empress Lilly

It's up to your discretion whether you want to stay on the ride or fall out... I like to mix between the two so I get to experience both!
I do that too!

Me and my mate always jump off midway. We also run this blog where we share our adventures in RnRC and document our behind-the-scenes pictures and

wizards8507

alice.wonderland.cheshire-cat-smile.we%27re+all+mad+here.%28eternalthinker.blogspot.com%29.png

MickeyPeace

LOL! I keep trying to fall out in the loop but damn gravity won't let me!

graphite1326

I like to hang from the bar when we are in the loop. If someone takes a picture of me it actually looks like I'm doing a hand stand.

JannyWDW

Original Poster
Well technically, you yourself are the one checking your own restraint. The Cast Members just asks you to "push up!" on it to show them that it is locked, so it's essentially doing the same thing. They won't send the vehicle without a visual that all restraints are locked. Plus the ride's safety system won't let the train move unless the restraints are locked anyways.

That's what I thought. I've been to parks where the employee will physically pull on the belt themselves to make sure. I never noticed anybody doing that at Disney. I was wondering if they made an exception for upside down coasters. I know my judgement is as good as any but it's kinda nice to have the "professionals" double checking. I guess they might be too busy at Disney for that type of protocol. At least they will be checking with their eyes! That will have to be good enough for me. Thanks everyone! My oldest daughter is going on 11. She's small but plenty big enough for the ride. I just worry since neither of us have been upside down! My youngest might be tall enough but she won't step near a roller coaster... and my husband hates Aerosmith... heehee.

tare

Jeez my five yr old daughter went on it last year and she can't wait to do it again this year!!! So not anything to be afraid of!! It's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

lazyboy97o

That's what I thought. I've been to parks where the employee will physically pull on the belt themselves to make sure. I never noticed anybody doing that at Disney. I was wondering if they made an exception for upside down coasters. I know my judgement is as good as any but it's kinda nice to have the "professionals" double checking. I guess they might be too busy at Disney for that type of protocol. At least they will be checking with their eyes! That will have to be good enough for me. Thanks everyone! My oldest daughter is going on 11. She's small but plenty big enough for the ride. I just worry since neither of us have been upside down! My youngest might be tall enough but she won't step near a roller coaster... and my husband hates Aerosmith... heehee.
All that pulling is just for show to make you think you are safer, but it really does not mean much. Same goes for many over-the-shoulder restraints, as plenty of roller coasters go upside down with nothing more than a simple lap bar.

EvanAnderson

I'm actually not entirely sure why the official reasoning for the Cast Members now asking the guests to check their own restraints instead of the Cast doing it. I mean it doesn't matter, they're both safe practices, but being a theme park management major, it interests me.

One reason I could think of would be to prevent strain on the Cast Members backs from rides that are "lower" such as Barnstormer, Big Thunder Mountain. Some of the lapbars even have little "grab handles" specifically for the Cast to use, such as Everest and Space Mountain, but they're not used obviously.

Another reason (which is what I've heard is the official reason, but I don't believe it) would be to release the park from any liability. Since the guest is checking the restraint, and if the restraint isn't locked, it's now the guests fault since they didn't notify anyone. Yes, I know it's a dumb reason, but I've heard that. Don't yell at me and say it's a stupid reason, I know. I'm telling you now that I agree it's a stupid reason.

Anywho, all rides at Disney are safe if everyone meets the posted height requirement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom