Rock n RollerCoaster Onboard Audio

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Rock n RollerCoaster uses capacitors instead of batteries to power the onboard sound system.

When the limo arrives at the load station, it picks up enough power into its capacitors to power the sound system for one cycle of the ride. This system helps reduce the weight of the limo.

General Grizz

:eek: Awesome! :eek:

I STILL have to experience this attraction. I'll probably visit MGM next year. I did ToT once in my last trip (October), but we never got around to RnRC.

Thanks! That's really interesting! :wave:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by wdwmagic
Rock n RollerCoaster uses capacitors instead of batteries to power the onboard sound system
That reminds me of Back to the Future with the flux capacitors. Steve, you sound so smart!! :D

JeShr

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Rock n RollerCoaster uses capacitors instead of batteries to power the onboard sound system.

When the limo arrives at the load station, it picks up enough power into its capacitors to power the sound system for one cycle of the ride. This system helps reduce the weight of the limo.

re-chargable batteries would also have to be constantly replaced.

blm07

Capacitors arn't exactly rechargeable batteries. I ain't no genuis, but they are used for big machines. They are sorta like rechargable batteries that can be charged up very quickly.

isnet396

Universe of Energy also uses a similar system. Basically, the power is "beamed" from special plates on the track/floor to the bottom of the vehicles. A similar version of this is with an electric toothbrush. When you put the toothbrush onto the base, it just powers itself up without any wires. To keep the cost of it down though, the "transmission speed" of the power on a toothbrush is considerably lower than on a rollercoaster train.

-Ian

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom