Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

AndyMagic

Original Poster
How is RNR doing lately? Last I heard, it was having major techinical problems and they had to call in Vekoma to locate the issue. Is it still having problems or is it operating without long closures on a daily basis again?

ISTCrew20

Last time I went to Disney/MGM, was about a month ago. I would have gone yesterday, but im just so tired of RNRC breaking down, and having a 15 min. line for Tower go up to 75 mins. Im going on Tuesday, so I'll check then

919Florida

OH OH I want to ride it for the first time this year. I am going between june 28 and July 7. Is it safe to ride. When you say problems what kind of problems is there? I don't like going upside sown to begin with so this one has me a little worried. :)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
the ride has gotten EXTREMELY shaky and bumpy, as well as the ride audio failing in several of the ride vehicles. It's not as smooth as it once was..

mkt

Premium Member
last time I rode it, the CM at the unload added to the spiel "if you wish to ride again due to audio difficulties come here" and we got backdoored. Albeit, i'd rather have 1 good ride and 1 half assed and 1 good

mkfan23

These problems must be fairly recent. We rode it several times last fall, and had no problems. I thought it was one of the smoothest coasters I had ever ridden. I'm sorry to hear that it may be having problems because it quickly has become one of my favorite attractions.

ISTCrew20

Thats not it for the probs......Alot of launch issues to...Sometimes, it'll do the countdown, and your just sitting there, waiting for it to launch, and the whole ride audio is playing in the station, and you go through the rest of the ride in silence. The music makes that ride, it isnt nearly as enjoyable without it

cuteypatooty78

Wonder why this ride is starting to have problems? My family said it rode smoothly when they rode in Septemeber of last year. Ya think Universal is sabotaging the rides? :lol:

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by cuteypatooty78
Ya think Universal is sabotaging the rides? :lol:

nah.. just lack of maintenance @ WDW left over from the Pressler regime

Kenan

When i went on it about 3 weeks ago, it seemed as smooth as anything to me. The takeoff and the loops were great. No problem anywhere. Maybe since Im not a frequent ride (will soon be though) thats why.

mhead

i have ridden it 4 times in the last 3 weeks and it is just as good as ever. no problems at all, no waits, no failed audio. in fact i have never had a problem on it in 4 years. the only thing i have noticed that has changed is that it no longer sings "love in a rollercoasterrrrrrr!" at the end.

mkt

Premium Member
you've gotten lucky... it's definitely getting bumpier. That I know for a fact. Every time I've ridden it these past 2-3 months it's noticeably more bumpy than before. The audio problems have been few and far between though, but when they occur, we've been backdoored back on every time.

careship

I hope we make it through it alright. This is the best ride. My son tried to stretch himself for months the year it opened so he could go on. It worked. He really wasn't too short to begin with, but he hated all rides at the time. Because it was Aerosmith, he had to go on. That was the beginning of the end for us. Now I have a 10 yr old boy with NO FEAR. I love DIsney having been the key to his fearlessness though. He spent hours waiting on benches with one parent or another. He didn't know what he was missing. My boys are looking forward to this ride. It is supposed to be the first thing we do when we get there. I told them check-in was the first ride.

Natelox

Originally posted by mkt
nah.. just lack of maintenance @ WDW left over from the Pressler regime

no way. its the manufacturer, Vekoma. All their coasters become extremly bumpy after time. Its only going to get worse. I don't know why disney keeps buying coasters from Vekoma.

civileng68

Account Suspended
PROBLEM!

This ride is having problems!

I went there a year ago with no problem AT ALL!

then I went in March this year on my honeymoon and we had it was down ocassionally. Just enough to be annoying.

Then we went in May and it was pathetic! Everyday we were there it was down! We have 6, yes 6 fast passes that we did not get to use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is safe but just no functioning. I also noticed the roughness of the ride as some previous posters acknowledged.

It seems to get rough in a few areas to where you are jarred a little when I remember it being very smooth when I first rode it.

this ride will end up hurting MGM because I know many disagree with me but, in my opinion, without TOT or Rockin Rollercoaster, MGM is boring. I get bored by Star Tours (and I'm a HUGE Starwars fan). The Backlot tour is ok but nothing incredibly special, the Muppet Vision is cool, Indy Show is the same as I've seen a million times so it's not exciting anymore. I just stay down at TOT and RcnRollercoaster.

mandib

Yup I know what everyone means about the audio system. When we were there 2 weeks ago (I think) the audio stopped half way through the ride. So we just sang the rest of the way! hehe :)

Mikejakester

This is Awfull!

Are there any plans for rehab?? Man Im planning to go on December and im really exited about this particular ride, becuase my mom lost a bet with me and now she has to ride that with me(she dosen't ride any intense rollercoasters) Does anyone know if there are plans on fixing this ride??

Man what Luck!!

:fork: :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom