Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith vs Space Mountain

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Space Mountain vs Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith | WDWMAGIC -  Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

Haunted Mansion vs Space Mountain | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World  discussion forums

ppet

SM is a relic. I very seldom ride and when I do, I wish I hadn't. It's way to rough to be enjoyable. RnRC on the other hand is still a must do.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
They could rip it out and put an off the shelf wild mouse in there and the average tourist probably wouldn't notice a difference. The fact that they haven't is kind of impressive. Although... doing nothing has been their MO for a while now. Time to replace or retrack. What's it going to be mouse?

JIMINYCR

RnRC... better take off, better ride vehicle that gives less trauma to the body, delivers more excitement, better dark ride through with accompanying music.

Mireille

Premium Member
The last time I rode SM was during MNSSHP this past October and I felt like I'd been on the losing side of a fight when I got off. I love the launch on RnRC, it's a relatively smooth ride (though not as silky smooth as Cosmic Rewind) and a lot of fun. I have a lot of nostalgia for SM but it's not a pleasant ride.

HouCuseChickie

I voted for Space, but it got me thinking about the question. We often use the term "attraction" for Disney vs. "ride." Some people say that the terms are one in the same, while others say that attraction is for the entire experience, while the ride is only the physical ride within. Others say that the word "ride" is more for a fair or even Six Flags, since it doesn't really rely on much more than the physical ride. When it comes to these two...RnRC is technically a more thrilling ride, but the recording studio and queue don't really do much for me. Space does get the benefit of nostalgia, but there's still something very NASA meeting 2001 Space Odyssey as you climb towards the boarding area. The queue soundtrack, the little games and visuals along the way just feel like you're building to something special. The exit also still keeps you in that space vibe.

SpectreJordan

I'm going Space because it was my first coaster ever & I have nostalgia attached to it. But RnRC is in much better shape rn, even if the theme could use some work.

I really hope they copy Tokyo's Space refrubishment/remake in a couple years, maybe after Splash is done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom