Rock N Roller Coaster rehab?

eddy21

Rehab

They have installed a new programm that uses the boosters to slow the trains. supposedly this speeds things up to run one more train on hour.As for rehab a lot of cracks develop fron stress and vibrations so welding is done

majortom1981

hmm

Things like inspections of the sensors and major sections of the track. Maybe replace some sensors.

Also maybe fix some speakers in the cars.

There is lots of things that would be done to a coaster for maintanence.

^ Ok I have never ridden RnR every time Ive been the lines been way to long to stand in, but I know coasters pretty well and you are telling me that the boosters at the begining of the ride are used to slow the ride? or are you talking about the mid course boosters? If its the mid Course ones that just seems stupid to use them to slow the ride they are made to speed the ride along not slow it down. It should not need to be slowed down if it needs them to boost it along the track.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
^ Ok I have never ridden RnR every time Ive been the lines been way to long to stand in, but I know coasters pretty well and you are telling me that the boosters at the begining of the ride are used to slow the ride? or are you talking about the mid course boosters? If its the mid Course ones that just seems stupid to use them to slow the ride they are made to speed the ride along not slow it down. It should not need to be slowed down if it needs them to boost it along the track.

Thank you, I too thought that perhaps eddy21 was confused, because slowing trains cannot SPEED things up! :lol:

I guess now that I think about you can use boosters as block brakes and add another train but why would disney waste their money on that just for a mir one more train thru and hour.

eddy21

Boosters

I have been there for the tests they are used at load/Unload the faster you stop the quicker people can get off /on.Thats why they are having issues with overtravel lately personnally i think it's dumb from a maintainance point of view.

disneyd

Thank you, I too thought that perhaps eddy21 was confused, because slowing trains cannot SPEED things up! :lol:

EDDY21 is not confused, there are boosters at load and unload to move the trains, and they are being used to slow trains. This allows about 1 more train an hour to be cycled thru.

If you look at: http://www.funworldmagazine.com/2003/Jul03/Features/3_2_1_Launch!/3_2_1_Launch!.html

You will also notice that RNR is launched using a magnetic system, not boosters.

MaryMcMagic

Sorry to resurrect a nearly dead thread, BUT...

RnRC had been rumored to be rehabbed during January...Anyone know anything more on this? It's still not listed as official, though Splash Mountain is. I'll be down Jan 20-27 and have never had a chance to ride Tower of Terror or RnRC. The last time I was in WDW I was pregnant, and the time before that ToT was being rehabbed and RnRC was being built. Alas, I have the funding and opportunity to go again in January--AND I'm not preggers for the 1st time it what seems like an eternity. I'm dying to experience both of these awesome rides. If anyone has an update, I'd deeply appreciate the info!

Piebald

I can confirm that it is going down for a rehab in January/February. It was posted in our break room during the summer. I don't remember the exact dates but it is early in the year.

wdwishes2005

RnR is alright. I never noticed anything wrong with the sound, so I suspect it's probably just routine coaster maintenance. RnRC doesnt really thrill me that much anymore anyway.

Courtman

Nothing on the WDW Calendar online about this refurb yet... Hoping this is the case, as MrsCourtman loves the ride and will be most unhappy if its closed when we visit 24/01-09/02!

bsandersjr

So it seems some posters (from this board & others) can confirm that RnRC will be refurbished in January.. But, for some odd reason Disney will not announce the rehab to the public? I don't get it. :brick:

Does anyone think that Disney just won't officially announce the RNRC rehab... Then one day in January they will just close RnRC down and leave it closed for a month? Have they ever done something like this before with a big attraction.. I can't recall anything off the top of my head? :confused:

MaryMcMagic

Does anyone think that Disney just won't officially announce the RNRC rehab... Then one day in January they will just close RnRC down and leave it closed for a month? Have they ever done something like this before with a big attraction.. I can't recall anything off the top of my head? :confused:

This is what I was getting at. Would it just close with little to no warning?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom