Rock 'n' Roller Coaster LCU's

dlp_coasters

Original Poster
Hi everyone,
I got the .lcu files that makes the LCU's (Local Control Unit) in the RNRC Limos work. The LCU play the audios acording to the train's position on the layout.
These files contain lots of numbers and few text, so they seem complex to understand, but I already got basic understanding of certain lines and commands.
Does someone know more about them ?
Thanks !

ParaRaven

A little late to the game here, but based on my (very limited) knowledge of the LCU I've pieced together, my best guess is that it is an initialization file to tell the LCU the following; what file to play based on a sensor trip, what volume to play it at, the time delay after the sensor tip to start the track, a fade in/fade out time, and whether to loop the track upon completion. The Imagineer who initially designed the system actually sells very similar boards to hobbyists for use in art installations. His boards have a .INIT file that sounds like what you're describing to set up the playback attributes. You might consider reaching out to him to see if he could share some more info on what everything in that file corresponds to. You can check out his website here. I'd also love to take a look at the files if you could attach them!! I've always really been interested in WDI's onboard audio system, but unfortunately, there is very little technical information to be found online.

dlp_coasters

Original Poster
ParaRaven,
I can't thank you enough for your message. I spent every day since I first posted this topic searching about the LCU's, without much success. These systems are a real passion of mine. Since I had the files I myself dug into the different parts and I've also pieced some knowledge about what it does, but it is far from being complete. I'll reach out to Jamie Robertson, massive thanks for the advice. If you have any other mean of communicating such as Discord, Messenger, Whatsapp, anything, or just an email address, it would be a pleasure to talk more about WDI's onboard audio, share my knowledge about the system and send the .lcu files to you.
Thanks and have a nice day, hope to hear from you soon :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom