News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in January 2024

Andrew25

Why do I feel like they aren't doing anything in there and just letting it sit while saving money on operation costs. Being that it's closed until the middle of July, it seems like it's closed indefinitely. This is gonna be another Rocket Rods, Horizon, or Stitch situation.
It took Universal around 8 months to reopen Mummy after it's long refurb from improved mechanics in the launching system and general upkeep.

Rides at DHS have needed this sort of refurb for years now.

bmr1591

It took Universal around 8 months to reopen Mummy after it's long refurb from improved mechanics in the launching system and general upkeep.

Rides at DHS have needed this sort of refurb for years now.

While I don’t disagree, and I know it has no bearing on the current work, RNRC went down for over half of last year as well.

Andrew25

While I don’t disagree, and I know it has no bearing on the current work, RNRC went down for over half of last year as well.
Yes, but I imagine that wasn't a proper update to any ride mechanics - don't believe we saw any significant permit last year for that refurb.

ToTBellHop

Did you find out what's going on?
It’s routine just taking awhile. But they’re almost done. Maybe they will finish early. Ops still wants/wanted it for July 4 so we will see if they can trim the schedule (while still completing the work, of course). They really need indoor rides in summer. But it was breaking down so much that they need everything properly fixed.

The hope is that it will finally run reliably after this.

DisneyRoy

It’s routine just taking awhile. But they’re almost done. Maybe they will finish early. Ops still wants/wanted it for July 4 so we will see if they can trim the schedule (while still completing the work, of course). They really need indoor rides in summer. But it was breaking down so much that they need everything properly fixed.

The hope is that it will finally run reliably after this.
Well here’s hoping it can pull up a little. In HS third week of July.

Oh damn the very day of my departure to go to the universal parks on July 27th😞😞😞 I've done it many times in Paris but I would have liked to do it there😞 Is there a possibility that it could open on an earlier date? Or when they announce one day is it that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom