News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in February 2023

LittleBuford

Disney's taking a pretty loose view on lots of things as of late.
Why not a rock star who at age 25 was with a 16 year old half a century ago?
I’m basing my assessment on his own words, some of which I left out because they’re not appropriate for this site. I don’t believe it was normal, even half a century ago, to adopt a girl in order to have sexual relations without being arrested.

ToTBellHop

They need to do something completely unproblematic. How about Tom Hanks: The Ride? Not one person would complain while launching past iconic scenes in Forrest Gump, Sleepless in Seattle, Apollo 13, Saving Private Ryan, and The Green Mile.

maemae74

The difference is that the girl’s parents aren’t the theme of a Disney roller coaster.
And she is only suing one of them . Her parents suck and completely failed her , his actions and words describing it are disgusting but this girl unfortunately for her was hardly a child and was using this relationship as a way out of her crappy home. I wonder why she waited so for a pay day ?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They need to do something completely unproblematic. How about Tom Hanks: The Ride? Not one person would complain while launching past iconic scenes in Forrest Gump, Sleepless in Seattle, Apollo 13, Saving Private Ryan, and The Green Mile.
Funny, but Hanks has been popping up in social media about the dynamics of casting someone straight and neurotypical for his roles in Forrest Gump and Philadelphia. I definitely don't want to start a discussion about it, and it would be removed by the mods anyway, but, I'm just pointing out the irony of mentioning Hanks as untouchable while there is this discussion out there going on about some of his roles.

Any person is going to have their issues (“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” -St. Paul, Romans 3:23). Even more so with a band in which any member may have embarrassing Tweets or photos from their past surface.

Best to stick with fictional IP such as: IncrediCoaster, Muppets Electric Mayhem Tourbus, or, Bambi's Dangerous Crossing, etc...

LittleBuford

And she is only suing one of them . Her parents suck and completely failed her , his actions and words describing it are disgusting but this girl unfortunately for her was hardly a child and was using this relationship as a way out of her crappy home. I wonder why she waited so for a pay day ?
You’ll note I’ve said nothing about the lawsuit. I’ve limited myself to what Tyler himself has said happened.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
None of those would work. They all represent some kind of sexism, white male privilege, or violence. I think it just needs to be themed to Disney Junior content that’s been approved as “not offensive” by Disney’s DEI department.

Jrb1979

None of those would work. They all represent some kind of sexism, white male privilege, or violence. I think it just needs to be themed to Disney Junior content that’s been approved as “not offensive” by Disney’s DEI department.
Superstar Limo 2.0 it is. Make the story that you a rock star and are late for your show.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Superstar Limo 2.0 it is. Make the story that you a rock star and are late for your show.
But what have you done as a rock star? Have you glamorized anything that some would be offended by? Who have you oppressed in your journey to rock stardom? You would have to make it an impossibly-squeaky clean pop star with lots of letters describing them to make it “correct” enough for some.

Here’s my thought: LEAVE IT ALONE. People need to stop making mountains out of mole hills and also stop being judge, jury, and executioner of the past using lenses of today.

Jrb1979

But what have you done as a rock star? Have you glamorized anything that some would be offended by? Who have you oppressed in your journey to rock stardom? You would have to make it an impossibly-squeaky clean pop star with lots of letters describing them to make it “correct” enough for some.

Here’s my thought: LEAVE IT ALONE. People need to stop making mountains out of mole hills and also stop being judge, jury, and executioner of the past using lenses of today.
I agree. My point was more if they had to change it make it a simple story with no IP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom