News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in February 2023

jinx8402

I am told it might close again after this week's holiday crowds, until August.
Oh no. I was originally worried it wouldn't be open for our trip mid/late August. Then saw it was open so happy, now it might not be open again lol. What a rollercoaster (pun intended).

Any ideas of when in August?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is back open (again)​

Rock-n-Roller-Coaster-Starring-Aerosmith_Full_51803.jpg

Rock-n-Roller-Coaster-Starring-Aerosmith_Full_51805.jpg

Andrew25

So close the ride for a refurbishment, reopen when they need the capacity, close it again, and then reopen it in 2 months later?

Are they actually doing any proper refurbishments outside of painting/scenic touches that could be done overnight? I thought this would be a more sophisticated refurbishment to fix whatever was causing significant downtime.

Also, holiday weekend crowds are not as significant as they used to be - wait-times looked pretty normal.

Smiley/OCD

Some transparency from Disney would be nice. What would it hurt to announce opening days, and long term closing if this is whats going on. Like any business, transparency is always better for customer happiness.
Actually, what would be better would be to let all guests know that the ride is undergoing refurbishment and there MAY be instances where the ride will be open for a limited UNANNOUNCED time. Please assume that the attraction is closed and plan accordingly. Case closed…I’d much rather expect the worse and be happily surprised if I were there and I was able to jump on. Life’s too short, folks…

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom