Robots replacing staff at Embassy Suites

Lilofan

Original Poster
Sign of the times.. A robot comes to your room to deliver what you request for ( ie tea bags or towels). Is Disney or other hotel chains far behind?

Tony the Tigger

Well a few decades ago they DID say robots were going to be doing crap like this....lol

145753B5-DE0B-4868-8E44-4A96673308C3.jpeg

RobWDW1971

I hope not! Another job taken away from someone who needs it, IMO. Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should.

How’s that “living wage” concept working out for everyone? Artificially raise wages and businesses will find ways to cut labor.

I’m off to McDonald’s to ring up my own order and pour my own drinks, then to the grocery store where I will ring up and bag my own groceries (I'm getting really good at memorizing my fruit and vegetable codes), and then to the airport where I will check myself in, print out my ticket, and then tag my bags and carry them to the belt.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Original Poster
How’s that “living wage” concept working out for everyone? Artificially raise wages and businesses will find ways to cut labor.

I’m off to McDonald’s to ring up my own order and pour my own drinks, then to the grocery store where I will ring up and bag my own groceries (I'm getting really good at memorizing my fruit and vegetable codes), and then to the airport where I will check myself in, print out my ticket, and then tag my bags and carry them to the belt.
I like the fact that I can use all of my spare change including hundreds of pennies when I pay in the self service register without getting dirty looks from the cashier if I went to pay in the cashier aisle. Gotta get rid of the piggy bank somehow!

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

I like the fact that I can use all of my spare change including hundreds of pennies when I pay in the self service register without getting dirty looks from the cashier if I went to pay in the cashier aisle. Gotta get rid of the piggy bank somehow!

That and not being food judged - So what if I want pizza and Doritos for dinner!

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

Hi Rob: I know you didn't mean to sound rude or snarky, so I do feel it is a valid statement. There are many people who depend on their lower wages to get by, so I won't go into that. Have a magical day:)

RobWDW1971

Hi Rob: I know you didn't mean to sound rude or snarky, so I do feel it is a valid statement. There are many people who depend on their lower wages to get by, so I won't go into that. Have a magical day:)

You too! :)

(But the point of my post was living wage laws actually reduce employees so those people you mention won’t have any jobs to depend on.)

Lilofan

Original Poster
Bingo. There are folks that live in low income housing and get food stamps. To qualify they have to be in a lower income level and not work too many hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom