RnRc Retheme?

rle4lunch

Original Poster
Heard more rumblings on various fanboi sites that Aerosmith is on its way out again. Did a quick search on here, didn't see anything new/relevant, wanted to see if anyone's heard anything new.

Please delete or reroute if it's hiding somewhere else being talked about. thx.

TYOTimer

It all matters on if they renew the Aerosmith contract if it stays, and it’s extremely unlikely they will renew

DisneyDean97

I wouldn't mind seeing an Incredibles retheme of this ride, and then maybe have a connecting path to Animation Courtyard where it can be a fleshed out Pixar land... granted we have Toy Story Land in the back too... but a general area for multiple Pixar movies just makes more sense. Maybe Monster's Inc Laugh floor can replace VotLM

Do we know when it's up?

Areosmith is very beyond it's prime, I could definitely see Disney wanting to capitalize on something more relevant in their premier thrill ride.
What was Aerosmith’s last big single? 2001? It’s absolutely time especially in an age where there is seemingly an internal push for Disney to market themselves as inclusionary.

TYOTimer

I know there was a time when Radiator Springs was supposed to be the replacement, but I don’t know how short lived that was though

RSoxNo1

On our latest show, I suggested extending Wakanda from the RnRC courtyard to animation courtyard. I’d give RnRC a retheme to the MagLev train

mikejs78

Premium Member
Armchair Imagineering: Connect the RnRC area to Animation Courtyard and build Wakanda. Re-theme RnRC to the MagLev train.
I would support this. A chance to get the MCU into WDW in the park where it belongs. As long as they build at least two other attractions and don't use the retheme as the basis for the land, I'm all in. Add a new E ticket and a C ticket of some kind....

SoFloMagic

Aaannnnd... you'd have more real estate in Tomorrowland for bigger and better things!
You mean give tomorrowland some much-needed additional longterm vacant buildings?

so they could take it over and only the pre show and music would change you could even keep G Force Records
Theme it to one of those stupid ABC shows (the voice? Masked singer? Whichever one is abc). Ryan Seacrest (is he still a thing?) orders you the limo. Bob loves synergy. Just get those dinosaurs out of there...

RSoxNo1

I would support this. A chance to get the MCU into WDW in the park where it belongs. As long as they build at least two other attractions and don't use the retheme as the basis for the land, I'm all in. Add a new E ticket and a C ticket of some kind....
Yeah, again my suggestion was a family friendly Omni Mover through Shuri's Lab and then a Flight of Passage type simulator around Wakanda. Lean into Shuri as the driver of the tech as well as the idea of opening up Wakanda to the world. I'd suggest that Wakanda be the first Marvel land in a Disney park that isn't self aware of the fact that it's in a Disney park. The singular IP based lands in DHS already fall into that category.

Another thought I had on the show was to re-purpose the Sunset Showcase / Cars theater into a history of Wakanda show. This would be really the only place where you'd see T'Challa, and likely the only part that would require lawyers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom