RNRC question

mattfz

Original Poster
This question is pretty stupid, but here it is anyways

Does the ride go upside down?

5 visits, and I have avoided it EVERY TIME for fear of going upside down.

Graci23

i rode RNRC for the first time in April and i think it is a great ride...so cool in the dark i hardly even noticed whenever there was a loop...it was just so much fun...this is one ride you do not want to avoid !!!!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It has a cobra roll and an corkscrew. The definition, from ultimaterollercoaster.com - "The cobra roll is a double inversion similar to Arrow's boomerang element. Riders are enter the element and are sent upside down twice and leaving going in the opposite direction they were as they entered. The design of the element looks like the hood of a striking cobra. "

bhg469

mattfz said:

Tell you what, i hate roller coasters, i wont set foot on one more than once and there are alot that i won't go near. But, i will ride RNRC all day long without an issue. Its worth trying once. the inversions are very smooth and you really cant tell unless you stop and think "hey im upside down" but at that point its kinda fun.

Pabgo

I've ridden it a few times, and it's VERY smooth! You can't even tell you're upside down half of the time! I was actually surprised riding it the first time because it's made by Vekoma, and Vekoma kind of has a repuatation of their rides being somewhat rough!

musketeer

mattfz said:

I'm curious. What is it about going upside down that bothers you? Because on just about any rollercoaster, going upside is hardly noticible. Mostly because the forces are going to make it feel like being pulled towards your seat, even though you are upsidedown...

So what is the fear of it?

Gucci65

You are upside down before you know it - don't want to elaborate for fear of ruining it for anyone who has not ridden it yet. (is that possible?:lol: ).

I think because it is in the dark, you will be okay.

Unless you have ridden it a million times like some of us have, you won't know at what point in the ride you are heading for a loop or cobra roll.

And it's not a stupid question at all.

Hope you are able to try it at least once!

3fordisney

I am not a rollercoaster person at all. I rode it for the first time this past Dec. I knew it went upside down, but hardly noticed it when it happened. Its over pretty quickly and very smooth. I would ride it because you just never know till you try. Its not so bad. I was expecting it to be so much worse that I was actually a lil disappointed because it wasn't!

musketeer

Everyone says things like, "It isn't so bad." What do you consider bad? Because I've been on many many roller coasters, and Rock'n Rollercoaster is no different from any other (meaning the feeling of going upside down), so what do you feel IS bad when you say this one ISN'T so bad.

bhg469

For me i say it isn't bad because there are barely any drops and the loop doesnt feel intense. The launch takes away from that IMO. I HATE drops and that is why i love this coaster. Space mountain feels like it has higher drops than this.

shoppingnut

I'm not too much of a rollercoaster person and I can tell you that when I was told it went upside down, my reaction was where, when, I didn't notice.

Rob562

HauntedPirate said:
It has a cobra roll and an corkscrew. The definition, from ultimaterollercoaster.com - "The cobra roll is a double inversion similar to Arrow's boomerang element. Riders are enter the element and are sent upside down twice and leaving going in the opposite direction they were as they entered. The design of the element looks like the hood of a striking cobra. "

Actually, if you want to get REALLY technical, the first two-inversion element is not a cobra roll/boomerang, but rather what Vekoma calls a Roll Over. It's two twists in the same direction, and you exit the element going in the same direction as you entered, and not making a U-turn like a boomerang does. The key is that as you go from the first inversion to the second, you keep rolling over in the same direction. In a Boomerang you change directions halfway through.

You can see the element clearly in this pic from rcdb.com:
http://www.rcdb.com/ig769.htm?picture=8
(and compare it to a boomerang element from this pic: http://www.rcdb.com/ig629.htm?picture=4 )

The first pic is a coaster in Belgium that for the most part is the exact same layout as RnRC, just outdoors. Some of the track and curves are stretched out a little to account for a faster launch speed.
Not sure if the pics are going to help change the mind of the original poster, but at least they'll know what it is they're getting on. :animwink:

-Rob

I3olTz

RNRC is a great ride....yes it goes upside down and stuff like that but its not bad, plus its really short....wish it were longer:(

bgraham34

I took my wife on that and did not tell her what it was. We got in a huge fight when it was over. She did not talk with me for 2 hours.

Gucci65

bgraham34 said:
I took my wife on that and did not tell her what it was. We got in a huge fight when it was over. She did not talk with me for 2 hours.

whoops.:eek:

BUT it's called RockNRollercoaster - did she not see the name or the car hanging upside down out front?

Pabgo

Rob562 said:
Actually, if you want to get REALLY technical, the first two-inversion element is not a cobra roll/boomerang, but rather what Vekoma calls a Roll Over. It's two twists in the same direction, and you exit the element going in the same direction as you entered, and not making a U-turn like a boomerang does. The key is that as you go from the first inversion to the second, you keep rolling over in the same direction. In a Boomerang you change directions halfway through.

You can see the element clearly in this pic from rcdb.com:
http://www.rcdb.com/ig769.htm?picture=8
(and compare it to a boomerang element from this pic: http://www.rcdb.com/ig629.htm?picture=4 )

The first pic is a coaster in Belgium that for the most part is the exact same layout as RnRC, just outdoors. Some of the track and curves are stretched out a little to account for a faster launch speed.
Not sure if the pics are going to help change the mind of the original poster, but at least they'll know what it is they're getting on. :animwink:

-Rob

That's really cool! Thanks for explaining all of it!

Rockin Roller

kind of off topic but on Expedition Everest when you are in the dark going backwards doesnt it feel like you go upside down at one part. I know you dont but I was just wondering if anyone feels like they do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom