Riviera v Polynesian

alik9221

Original Poster
Hello everyone,
My wife and I are planning a 7 night DVC trip and we simply can’t decide between staying at Polynesian or Riviera.

We have previously stayed at AKL-Kidani, Coronado, Port Orleans - Riverside, OKW and Caribbean Beach, so we are wanting to try something new.

I've been reading plenty of pros and cons about each resort but I haven’t found anything that directly compares them.

I’m hoping someone will be able to enlighten us and make the decision a clear one!

Club Cooloholic

They are really different. At Riviera you have a lot of room types with 1 beds and up having kitchens and laundry. At Poly you will have a studio...an amazing studio at that(best bathrooms) but only a kitchenette and you will need to do laundry in at one of the laundry rooms(free still).
I would say if it's just you two Poly is far and away the easy choice. It's themed to the gills, the quiet pool might be the best one on property, and you can't beat it's transportation options. Riviera is supposed to have some nice dining options, but it really is only better than poly for getting to the Disney Studios.
Lastly you haven't stayed at a monorail resort yet so this will be new for you!

Last edited:

alik9221

Original Poster
They are really different. At Riviera you have a lot of room types with 1 beds and up having kitchens and laundry. At Poly you will have a studio...an amazing studio at that(best bathrooms) but only a kitchenette and you will need to do laundry in at one of the laundry rooms(free still).
I would say if it's just you two Poly is far and away the easy choice. It's themed to the gills, the quiet pool might be the best one on property, and you can't be it's transportation options. Riviera is supposed to have some nice dining options, but it really is only better than poly for getting to the Disney Studios.
Lastly you haven't stayed at a monorail resort yet so this will be new for you!
Thanks a lot for your reply. Due to the number of nights we will be a studio. 😊

i<3riviera

PVB definitely has better studios than RVA and they were just refreshed so you'll get brand new digs

points required may even be cheaper for PVB because standard view rooms are generally available; RVA standard rooms get taken pretty quickly by RVA owners at 11 months most times of the year

correcaminos

To me there couldn't be more different resorts. Rivieria is big and tall and more concrete on the grounds and PVB is small and tropical in feel. The studios at RR are standard studios which aren't bad. I enjoyed seeing one when my friend was in one. Both will have pull down beds instead of fold out couches. PVB adds in the extra shower which I adore! Like literally my favorite shower in all of Disney so far (even beat out bungalow shower).

I like RR but PVB wins on location, ability to walk to GF and technically MK. The transportation to Epcot and MK is great. RR has the skyway but when busy it's a longer wait. Plus having to transfer part way for DHS isn't as fun. For Epcot from PVB, you just walk to the TTC and hop on the monorail. To me PVB is more romantic in feel for a mini honeymoon too.

pdude81

Both great. Riviera studio is a little bigger and nicer, and not having to walk in the rain for quick service is better. However, the monorails at Poly are better than Skyliner at Riviera due to weather. Can't go wrong either way

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom