Riviera gift shop selling remote controlled boats, did Disney forget about gators?

pvtim

These are probably meant to capitalize on the "Opening Regatta", a boat race they hold at the pool 30 minutes before it opens.

Simba’s Mom

BTW you can rent actual boats that go into gator infested waters so....

Actually I think it's a little ironic that you can do that. All anyone has to do is fall out of their little skidoo (or whatever those little boats are called. In truth, though, I've never rented one, so I hope they're very hard to either fall out of or flip over in the middle of Bay Lake.

stratman50th

Actually I think it's a little ironic that you can do that. All anyone has to do is fall out of their little skidoo (or whatever those little boats are called. In truth, though, I've never rented one, so I hope they're very hard to either fall out of or flip over in the middle of Bay Lake.
This is for anyone worried about the alligator threat. It's vastly overrated. Gators don't follow boats or people around waiting for an opportunity to attack like a shark. (Actually, even sharks don't do that. Well, they will hang around a boat hoping to steal a hooked fish). For the most part, gators hang out near the shore. They are ambush predators and are afraid to mess with something a lot bigger than they are. A moderate size, say 6' can pull someone small like a child into the water if they get the chance but they really hunt smaller animals, birds and fish. They're also big scavengers. They'll eat anything that's dead, the older and stinkier the better. You have to be really close to the water's edge from dusk to dawn to attract attention. That's why Disney has put up the fences and rip-rap, to keep people away from the water's edge not gators off land. I live on a lake about 30 minutes from Disney. People fish, boat, Jet Ski, kayak and tube in the lake. There are gators in there. In fact, if it's fresh water in Florida there's a good chance there's a gator in it. It's good to have a healthy respect for alligators and is also illegal to feed or bother them. That being said, don't be afraid to enjoy the water.
Below is from my patio. He's around 6':
20190712_170113.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom