Riverside!

Allygator

Original Poster
Just rebooked from the wilderness lodge to Riverside with the free dining upgraded to deluxe dining. Since we are driving I just booked a standard room. The lines were so hectic this morning that I didn't put in any requests. I plan on calling back this weekend to change a few dining reservations and will put in for a building request. Since we are driving I don't care how far away we are from the foodcourt but I would like to be close to a parking lot and a bus stop if possible. Any building suggestions? Thanks

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you want Alligator Bayou buildings 16,24,34,35 and 37 are close to both parking and a bus stop. In the Mansions, parts of building 80 and 85 fit the bill. When you make your request just make sure to list them in the order of importance. If next to the parking lot is your number 1 priority make sure to list it first.

tnemgif

If you request a mansion and aren't staying in a "royal room," then you should be fairly close to a parking lot and either the North or East Bus Depot. Because the southern two mansions are now all royal rooms, the other two mansions are prim-o for what you need. Plus, these rooms are a little more polished and roomier - no murphy bed taking up half of the room.
Sounds like a fun trip!

Zipadeelady

Whoo Hoo!! Just excited that your excited! :p

Were also staying at Riverside and can't wait till our trip. Back in 2006 we stayed in building 24....you can get any further out than that. It was great we had no complaints. The bus stop is closer than you would think and we only ate at the food court once so not a big deal for us. We did request a building closer to the Fishin Hole this year due to our son wanting to do lots of swimming this year.

Allygator

Original Poster
I
Whoo Hoo!! Just excited that your excited! :p

Were also staying at Riverside and can't wait till our trip. Back in 2006 we stayed in building 24....you can get any further out than that. It was great we had no complaints. The bus stop is closer than you would think and we only ate at the food court once so not a big deal for us. We did request a building closer to the Fishin Hole this year due to our son wanting to do lots of swimming this year.
requested building 28. We aren't eating at the resort and I don't mind the walk myself.

Weather_Lady

When we went in October, we requested the closet non-preferred building (standard is the lowest price: preferred rooms are the most conveniently situated, and they cost more) to the "Main" building (where the food court and main bus stops are). That would be building 16. They gave us building 17, which was close enough!

That location (e.g., building 16, 17, or thereabouts) is great -- you're not far from the main building, and if you like, you can walk between buildings 14 and 15, cut through the parking lot (see the map link below) and take a path to the main bus stops ("South Depot") in 2 minutes. I recommend proximity to the South Depot as a main criterion for your building request! The other depots are more far-flung, and in our experience, there was always a shorter wait, especially in the morning, at the South Depot.

Maps with building numbers and "type" designations (e.g., standard, preferred, royal) here:

http://www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Just rebooked from the wilderness lodge to Riverside with the free dining upgraded to deluxe dining. Since we are driving I just booked a standard room. The lines were so hectic this morning that I didn't put in any requests. I plan on calling back this weekend to change a few dining reservations and will put in for a building request. Since we are driving I don't care how far away we are from the foodcourt but I would like to be close to a parking lot and a bus stop if possible. Any building suggestions? Thanks

Hey there,
For dining, you can book online if you wish to save the phone call. :) Sometimes I still have to call b/c the system has a tendency to have a mind of its own. As for buildings. I loved where we were. Check my trip report as it should have pics of our building. But we were a Royal Room so I don't know if that helps you at all.

PUSH

My favorite is Magnolia Terrace. Right next to a bus stop, and it's close to a parking lot. We got a ground floor, corner room last time and it was the best room I've ever had a Disney. Literally not even 5 yards from the parking lot. It was easy to unload our luggage from the car, and we didn't have to look very far for where our room was. It was a very, very brief walk from the East Depot bus stop. I wouldn't even qualify it as a walk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom