Riverside Question????

mellybear

Which building do you think is best to stay in to be close to the food, transportation and pool area?? I could not find anything on this sight about it.. So hope I didnt post this in the wrong place.. I hope to get many great responses as I would like to request the building when I make my reservation..! :animwink:

hankhill

Riverside

OK. We stay here every year in either May or October and absolutely love it.

You mention some specific things you need but know that there are alot of options to be had here. First there are two setions to the resort Alligator Bayou and Magnolia bend. For our money Magnolia bend is the better of the two. Second this area is closer to Ol Man Island than some of the farther reaching Alligator buildings. On the other hand it is a touch further from the Main Dining Hall. So weigh that as you need to. If you are going to request a particular building then go for either Oak Manor or Magnolia Terrace. Boith are directly next door to quiet pools which are great for coming in from the parks and just going for a swim. They are also great for transport. You hvae a bus stop (East) that does not get AT ALL as crowded as the one to the front of the resort.

All in all you will love the resort. Just my opinions but they have served us well for the past 5 times we have stayed.

:wave:

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

I know there is a post or a few of them that actually has a map of the resort, we love this place....buildings 14, 15, 18 are very good..close to food, bus trans, and pool....

Upvote 0

sensfan85

My wife and I stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter resort in January and we were thoroughly impressed. Although POFQ doesn't have a sit down restaurant, we found the Sassagoula Floatworks counter service restaurant there to be very satisfying and affordable. For transportation, Disney buses go to POFQ first, then to the other stations of the Riverside. In my opinion, the pool at POFQ is better that the Riverside as well.

We're going back to WDW in January and are staying at POFQ again even though we were tempted to try staying at the Riverside. Either way, the walk between the two resorts is about 5 minutes and there is boat service connecting the two.

Either Port Orleans resort you choose would be good but if you want to be close to the good stuff, POFQ is my preference...

Upvote 0

slk212

We stayed at Riverside in May of this year for the first time and loved it!
The section we stayed at was the Magnolia Terrace bdg. I think it was
perfect. It wasn't too far from anything and the grounds are just
beautiful. The quiet pool is right next to this bldg. and the main pool
and food courts aren't too far away. Would recommend to anyone:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom