Riverside (Dixie Landings) Rooms

Disney Fan

Just curious, does anyone have any opinions about which rooms they prefer at D.L? I wasn't sure whether to request an Alligator Bayou or Magnolia room. Also which are closer to the food court and bus stops? Thanks in advance for the info!:cool:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I like the Alligator Bayou best. It is less formal, more relaxed. The beds look like they are made of logs. There are quite a few buildings and numerous bus stops. I don't know which building is closest to all the amenities, but I know there are people reading this who do. Hopefully they will help you out with that. :)

Upvote 0

Ariel

Alligator Bayou is great! More homey...I love the rooms too eeyore!!:) Our room was pretty close to everything and it seemed like in general AB was closer to the main building...very cool hotel! My favorite moderate resort...Have fun!! (BTW, we were in AB 27...if you put in a request for that lodge # it might help...)

Upvote 0

markymark

Just to be different, when we stayed there we were on Magnolia Bend - It was VERY nice, admittedley not as relaxed and informal as AB. But I would stay there again.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

AB #14 or 18 are closest to the main building and reasonably close to Ole Man Island (where the main pool is). We have stayed in both areas. Both are very nice, but we like the feel of AB the best. The buildings in AB are smaller (all rooms are the same size) and so can be a little easier to navigate. Magnolia Bend is very romantic. Make a request for a room that's close to a bus stop, close to the main building or close to the pool (or all three) and they will do their best to accomodate you. It helps to get there early in the day. We usually arrive between 11 and Noon. Several times, we get a room that meets our desires and it's ready for us. We go get settled then head to the Cotton Co-op for lunch! Don't forget your mug!

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by markymark
Just to be different, when we stayed there we were on Magnolia Bend - It was VERY nice, admittedley not as relaxed and informal as AB. But I would stay there again.

I stayed at Magnolia Bend the very first time we stayed at DL and I though it was very nice as well. As long as you have 4 or less people in your party, you should be comfortable. Also, stay there if you like a more formal setting (some buildings look like the White House or something like that!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom