Rivers of light to flop?

Dartha Stewart

Spider Man, obviously.
4601958.jpg

Goofyernmost

Instead of the passive aggressive approach why not just say.. It's supposed to be "River of Light" and be done with it. It's kinda wrong to just keep being critical of a person because they made a mistake and thought it was "River of Life" when they apparently do not honestly know that it is wrong. The two words do sound a lot alike.

epcotisbest

Instead of the passive aggressive approach why not just say.. It's supposed to be "River of Light" and be done with it. It's kinda wrong to just keep being critical of a person because they made a mistake and thought it was "River of Life" when they apparently do not honestly know that it is wrong. The two words do sound a lot alike.
Perhaps because the idea of suggesting something might flop months before it opens is a little silly, made even sillier by not doing enough research to form such a speculative opinion that you don't even know the name of the suggested flop? Then, OP still did not bother to find out the correct name to make his correction. Personally, it does not matter to me what OP calls it and I had fun offering some other alternatives.
And according to the Disney website, it is to be called Rivers of Light, plural, not singular, but maybe they did not teach the difference back when you went to school with the 15 letter alphabet.
I am only guessing here, but I am hoping you take that as the good-natured ribbing I intended and not be offended.
Anyway, my issue, if you can even call it that, is complaining in advance about something the OP does not even know the name of just seems to be complaining for the sake of complaining.
And, OP was given the presumed correct name of the attraction in question in post #6.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Perhaps because the idea of suggesting something might flop months before it opens is a little silly, made even sillier by not doing enough research to form such a speculative opinion that you don't even know the name of the suggested flop? Then, OP still did not bother to find out the correct name to make his correction. Personally, it does not matter to me what OP calls it and I had fun offering some other alternatives.
And according to the Disney website, it is to be called Rivers of Light, plural, not singular, but maybe they did not teach the difference back when you went to school with the 15 letter alphabet.
I am only guessing here, but I am hoping you take that as the good-natured ribbing I intended and not be offended.
Anyway, my issue, if you can even call it that, is complaining in advance about something the OP does not even know the name of just seems to be complaining for the sake of complaining.
And, OP was given the presumed correct name of the attraction in question in post #6.
Seriously? It's OK to laugh at people when the make a mistake? Proof in point... I was just belittled because I made typo and didn't put the "s" in rivers. I accept that it was in the name of humor... but, it very easily might not have been.

The response in #6 was not worded as a correction, but, was again a passive aggressive dispersion on the OP done in Marni's usual British dry humor which is really hard to understand without hearing the voice inflection to go with the sarcasm. And only once has what you have said about it being a "flop" a point of argument and even that was weak. Instead it was an attack on someone because, God forbid, they said the name incorrectly. I don't even have a problem with correcting the individual, but, ridicule is not a mature way to deal with things. It's OK to joke about it once the person knows what the joke is... but, to just keep a line of "inside" humor going to get our jolly's from the mistakes of others, really isn't what I would call a good thing.

I will agree on the "Flop" part of it, but that wasn't the focus of most of this discussion was it? One out of 30 posts does not constitute a mandate or direction of the discussion.

epcotisbest

Seriously? It's OK to laugh at people when the make a mistake? Proof in point... I was just belittled because I made typo and didn't put the "s" in rivers. I accept that it was in the name of humor... but, it very easily might not have been.

The response in #6 was not worded as a correction, but, was again a passive aggressive dispersion on the OP done in Marni's usual British dry humor which is really hard to understand without hearing the voice inflection to go with the sarcasm. And only once has what you have said about it being a "flop" a point of argument and even that was weak. Instead it was an attack on someone because, God forbid, they said the name incorrectly. I don't even have a problem with correcting the individual, but, ridicule is not a mature way to deal with things. It's OK to joke about it once the person knows what the joke is... but, to just keep a line of "inside" humor going to get our jolly's from the mistakes of others, really isn't what I would call a good thing.

I will agree on the "Flop" part of it, but that wasn't the focus of most of this discussion was it? One out of 30 posts does not constitute a mandate or direction of the discussion.
I originally posted something snarky in reply then realized I don't care enough to reply any further than this. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom