Rivers of Light FastPass

Rsj88

Unfortunately I was unable to get the RoL dining reservation. I did, however, get a FastPass for it. I really don't want to have to use a FP for RoL. Is it still necessary to get a FP for it or will I be able to see it in a standby line? Thanks!

Cosmic Commando

Unless it's a busy time of year, there's not a ton that needs FP at DAK. One of the Pandora rides, Everest or Safari, and RoL sounds like a good plan. Since you know you won't be able to book a fourth FP, just plan your other two around the RoL time. It doesn't have to be a pure negative... scheduling FPs for night means you'll get to guarantee yourself cool nighttime experiences, and your morning can still be spontaneous. For my trip next month, I scheduled nighttime DAK FP on a day with morning EMH at another park. If we're up early go to EMH... great; if not... go to one of the other three parks. Then, we'll get to experience the Pandora rides at dusk, see RoL, and ride the nighttime Safari after. No sweat. I had this same conversation already in my head... the peace of mind about seeing RoL was worth the small amount of extra waiting in line that I'll be doing that day.

Upvote 0

newhorizons1

I used a FP for Rivers of Light once and only once. It just isn't worth it to me, especially since it limits picking up any additional fastpasses throughout the day.

Upvote 0

cjkeating

Unfortunately I was unable to get the RoL dining reservation. I did, however, get a FastPass for it. I really don't want to have to use a FP for RoL. Is it still necessary to get a FP for it or will I be able to see it in a standby line? Thanks!

When are you going? They have just updated the hours for my trip (late November, early December) and have added second performances which I believe are much easier to do standby.

Upvote 0

carriebeth

when we were there it totally wasn't necessary for a fast pass. ALthough we did it right post hurricane and crowds were low. Plus it rained for a while in the evening and it chased a ton of people off from the park.

Now i normally love love love a Disney night show. Not sure I would do this one again. It was really pretty boring. My youngest kids were totally bored by it and kept asking when it would be over and if we could do something else instead. Everyone else was like i don't know that i would do that again. In the future I would spend that time doing other things everyone would enjoy more.

Upvote 0

andy773

I was at ROL Sunday October 8. We went to the late show and it was about half empty. If there are two shows, the second one will usually be less crowded.

Upvote 0

mdubm

I just got back today and we FPed Rivers of Light. It was totally unnecessary but we were unable to score any other FPs, so we went with it. It was convenient to walk up 15 min before showtime and know we had seats, but there were plenty of open seats. I guess it just depends what time of year you're going and if you really want other FPs over it.

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

I was just in a full theater on Monday night, 1st show of the night, but had a fastpass so no worries. Given the choice I'd always fp a show and wait for a ride. 1 hour for FOP or Safari is fine, 1 hour for a show, really?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom