Rivers of Light Dining Package

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
Does anyone have any clue when they will release the River Of Light dining packages for dates past September? It's extremely frustrating not to be able to get all my ADR taken care of at once. I have family who are cast members , but I don't trust them anymore as I was informed by another cast member on here that they have lied to me about strollers. I went on and made a regular ADR for Tusker House for the Day we want the River of Light package but,It drives me crazy not having this locked down as , Im afraid I won't be able to get the day we want then will have to shuffle things around and I'm affrid everything will be gone by the time the finally release it.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Does anyone have any clue when they will release the River Of Light dining packages for dates past September? It's extremely frustrating not to be able to get all my ADR taken care of at once. I have family who are cast members , but I don't trust them anymore as I was informed by another cast member on here that they have lied to me about strollers. I went on and made a regular ADR for Tusker House for the Day we want the River of Light package but,It drives me crazy not having this locked down as , Im afraid I won't be able to get the day we want then will have to shuffle things around and I'm affrid everything will be gone by the time the finally release it.

You can always FP ROL. That is an option or do the standby line but that if course would be a long wait and no guarantee of a seat left. ;)

wwmmd

I did the same thing. We’re going Labor Day weekend and the ROL dining packages had not been released yet on my 180 day mark. So I went ahead and booked Tusker House for the day I wanted to go. Then when they released the dining packages it was only for certain days and not on the day that I had Tusker House. I was able to book the dining package with no problem so hopefully it’ll be the same for you. The pain was having to rearrange my days. And honestly I don’t think booking the restaurant ahead of time in the hopes of getting the dining package matters since you have to cancel that reservation anyway and rebook under the dining package option.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I did the same thing. We’re going Labor Day weekend and the ROL dining packages had not been released yet on my 180 day mark. So I went ahead and booked Tusker House for the day I wanted to go. Then when they released the dining packages it was only for certain days and not on the day that I had Tusker House.
Rivers of Life is only performed on certain nights so the dining packages need to align with show nights.

docdebbi

can anyone enlighten me please? when the original article came out about dining packages, it included flame tree barbecue (which surprised me, as it was a cheaper alternative and Disney ain't good at cheap). since then all literature only refers to Tusker house and Tiffins. may I assume they did not include flame tree in the final plan?
thanks

Big Hair

I have been checking everyday for ROLDP for the past several weeks for the last week in October . I booked a reservation at Tiffin's on a night they have historically had the ROL. I don't know what the hold up is. I have noticed that there have been September dates on the calender highlighted but I never looked any further at them. In past I have found out from several sources that they normally come out with dates for October the 1st week in May. It sure makes it a hassle finalizing plans.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
can anyone enlighten me please? when the original article came out about dining packages, it included flame tree barbecue (which surprised me, as it was a cheaper alternative and Disney ain't good at cheap). since then all literature only refers to Tusker house and Tiffins. may I assume they did not include flame tree in the final plan?
thanks
Only Tusker House and Tiffins offer the dining packages.

MotherofaPrincessLover

I did the same thing. We’re going Labor Day weekend and the ROL dining packages had not been released yet on my 180 day mark. So I went ahead and booked Tusker House for the day I wanted to go. Then when they released the dining packages it was only for certain days and not on the day that I had Tusker House. I was able to book the dining package with no problem so hopefully it’ll be the same for you. The pain was having to rearrange my days. And honestly I don’t think booking the restaurant ahead of time in the hopes of getting the dining package matters since you have to cancel that reservation anyway and rebook under the dining package option.
This is the exact same thing that happened to me. I was a little annoyed that I had to rearrange my schedule, but it all worked out.

Jo DeVil

We are waiting for ROLDP, MK and Illuminations Fireworks Dessert parties for October, I keep getting told keep checking back!! They make us in to planners at 180 day mark then don't release all the options. I have had to do double bookings in case, so we get what we want which I don't like doing. but we have DS 13th Birthday and our wedding anniversary. I just wish they would tell us when they are being released.:arghh::banghead:

Ciara

Keep checking! It seems the ROL dining packages are coming out after the 180 day mark. It was not available when i made my 180 day ADR's and i have been checking everyday since then and there has been nothing. Today we are down to 112 days and i did my daily check, and lo and behold tons of ROL packages were available for both tusker and tiffins!

Anyone trying to make a ROL Dining reservation may have noticed that the October calendar now shows the available dates. The bad news is that there are no tables available at Tusker House for dinner on any night when I am going to be there. I made several phone calls to dining and guest services. Finally got a supervisor who could not give a definitive answer to the problem but said it was probably that the reservation system was not yet up to date on seating availability. She said to keep trying! She also said she would check directly with Tusker House and get back to me with an answer. Two days later, I am still waiting. It seems ludicrous that we are encouraged to make reservations 180 days out, but there is nothing available. The times just got released but the system is not up allowing reservations??? Would love to find the answer some day. Will post it here when I do.

Follow-up to previous. Still have not gotten a call back. You can now make a reservation for ROL Dining Pkg but only time at Tusker House available for Dinner is 3:15 PM on day I want. Checked all other days I will be there and there was one at 4 PM but none other than 3:15 anywhere else. So I guess the Dining Package is only a come-on and has no legitimacy. I'll have to use FP+ to see show and that will probably not be available at 60 days!

I am Timmy

Are you only able to do dinner? I spoke to a CM yesterday about this (although my dates are not until Dec.) and she said breakfast and lunch are also available for the package. We'll probably go to AK in the morning, hopefully get an early lunch, maybe go back for a nap and come back for the ROL seating (depends how late AK stays open in Dec., may just stay the day). If I can even snag one!

Yes, there were breakfast and lunch times available, but my plan is to have dinner and then see ROL. Plan to be at another park earlier in day. In fact, we seldom spend all day at one park.

I am Timmy

Yes, there were breakfast and lunch times available, but my plan is to have dinner and then see ROL. Plan to be at another park earlier in day. In fact, we seldom spend all day at one park.
We are the same, except we never did AK night at since there wasn't anything to do. This trip will be different, we are always in different parks each day, but will have one whole day at AK to try and hit FP in Pandora. Hope that isn't as hard to get by December!

PorterRedkey

Follow-up to previous. Still have not gotten a call back. You can now make a reservation for ROL Dining Pkg but only time at Tusker House available for Dinner is 3:15 PM on day I want. Checked all other days I will be there and there was one at 4 PM but none other than 3:15 anywhere else. So I guess the Dining Package is only a come-on and has no legitimacy. I'll have to use FP+ to see show and that will probably not be available at 60 days!
I believe there is a mandatory 3-hour window between your reservation and the performance of RoL. The latest time I could get (about 155 days out) at Tiffins, was a 4:20 dinner reservation. That is even a little early for me. There may have been later ones available earlier, but they could have been gone. I don't believe RoL starts until 8:30 the night that we are going, so there should be reservations until at least 5:30.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom