Rivers of America (plus Railroad & Dioramas) Re-Imagineered 2017

George Lucas on a Bench

Hey, the swinging Tarzan was incredibly charming. It was my least favorite scene (excepting the Fantasia TV screen and considering the static swimsuit ladies basically a part of the Singin' in the Rain scene), but that was mega charming, along with the creepy AA of Jane.

D

Deleted member 107043

The funny part is that I never suggested it.

I wouldn't advocate a Johnny Waeissmuller Tarzan scene along the RR, but Disney's Tarzan is already a part of Adventureland, so it really wouldn't be much of a stretch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disneyfanman

They should just transfer the Great Movie Ride to DCA.

A lot of people seem to enjoy the projections in the Grand Canyon scene. I just don't see what they add. Like Natalie Imbruglia, I'm torn when it comes to these things. The crude projection of the seagulls in the Pinocchio ride whale scene is charming AF. The Alice in Wonderland projections were awkward and Disney suddenly had the idea they could add animation by projecting it into existing scenes or onto objects, even if the end result was bizarre. Apparently, this also required redoing the voice of the statue in the "Indiana Jones" ride.

The Grand Canyon was a masterpiece of static-ness. A stunning painting that just goes on and on. Time travel some High Renaissance artists to that scene and they'd probably die of a heart attack. The fact that nothing moved not only made it charming, it made sense as you were chugging along on a train, only briefly witnessing its glory. It's why there's very little animation in the highly populated ballroom scene of The Haunted Mansion, another Disney masterpiece from the 60s viewed from on high behind glass with a bullet hole. Now, a Back to the Future lightning bolt sets the Grand Canyon ablaze. How are those poor animals going to escape? They're static and behind glass. It was never that ominous and grim before, even if the lights did dim as we approached the end.
Interesting how different people have different responses. I really liked the additions. I liked the narration too. It felt like they kept the heart and added just enough to freshen it up. I can't wait to see it in person in October.

BrianLo

Really love it, they did an excellent job across the board!

Mark Twain I watched two different POV's. Right now I'd say the lower deck is the more ambient-transcendent experience. The foliage isn't 100% there yet for the top deck, especially with the construction. Either the rock peaks of SW:GE or some less shocked trees should fix that in two years.

Watching the train makes it clearly obvious which parts of Disneyland need to be readdressed... Autotopia, the Wonderbra... or even the Main Street to NOS stretch... it would be nice if that section had a diorama or something a bit more involved than the safety spiel.

The DL railroad certainly has the ability to be considered an E-ticket with a few more tinkers down the line, the scenery on RoA is just fantastic. The Diorama is tastefully brought into the 21st century.

D

Deleted member 107043

Watching the train makes it clearly obvious which parts of Disneyland need to be readdressed... Autotopia, the Wonderbra... or even the Main Street to NOS stretch... it would be nice if that section had a diorama or something a bit more involved than the safety spiel.

Couldn't agree with this more.

TP2000

Original Poster
I agree too. The Wonderbra Theater just has to go.

As if it wasn't ugly enough from the front or the side, it's even worse from behind. The theater, that is. :)

D

Deleted member 107043

I agree too. The Wonderbra Theater just has to go.

As if it wasn't ugly enough from the front or the side, it's even worse from behind. The theater, that is. :)

My fingers are crossed for that rumored FL expansion back there.

180º

I understand that, but Tarzan makes zero sense, in my opinion, hence my question.
Sorry, it was the bolded part that confused me. I assumed you thought the commenter was suggesting placing Tarzan not in Adventureland, but along the Rivers of America. Did you mean to say "railroad"?
How would that make sense along the River?

I think we may all agree that seeing Tarzan in the American frontier would be absurd.

Nland316

My fingers are crossed for that rumored FL expansion back there.
Thinking more about it, the current theater space would actually be a pretty good expansion pad for Toontown if they ever wanted. It's an idea that's intrigued me ever since small rumors started going about a clone of the Mickey ride in DHS possibly coming here in the far future. Then just theme what's in guest view of the RR. I suggest this as Fantasyland already has a few other expansion pad options, such as the Motorboat area and even some of Autopia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom