Rivers of America Park and Villainyland: A WDW Fifth Gate And MK Expansion

BeckieTheGinger

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I’m a longtime lurker, but this is my first time posting. I came up with this idea on my drive home from work sometime last week, and I’ve had fun padding it out. Basically, I wanted to create a uniquely American park that could still incorporate IPs since Disney seems to be relying on them heavily nowadays. So, I started to come up with IPs that take place in America, or American-like settings. A park built around a river hasn’t been done (to my knowledge), and it could create interesting parades and shows that are unique to the park. I had also been thinking for awhile how the Rivers of America at MK takes up a huge swath of buildable land, and a brand new land unique to MK would be an incredible draw. So without further ado, I’d like to present Disney’s Rivers of America Theme Park and Villainyland!

spacemt354

Chili's
Hi everyone! I’m a longtime lurker, but this is my first time posting. I came up with this idea on my drive home from work sometime last week, and I’ve had fun padding it out. Basically, I wanted to create a uniquely American park that could still incorporate IPs since Disney seems to be relying on them heavily nowadays. So, I started to come up with IPs that take place in America, or American-like settings. A park built around a river hasn’t been done (to my knowledge), and it could create interesting parades and shows that are unique to the park. I had also been thinking for awhile how the Rivers of America at MK takes up a huge swath of buildable land, and a brand new land unique to MK would be an incredible draw. So without further ado, I’d like to present Disney’s Rivers of America Theme Park and Villainyland!
Hi and welcome! Interested to see your take on this!

BeckieTheGinger

Original Poster
Disney’s Rivers of America Theme Park
You enter into the Liberty Square you know and love (with some added gift shops and probably an ice cream counter). Hall of Presidents, Liberty Tavern, Columbia Harbor House, and the Christmas Shoppe are all there, and the Muppets are doing their show. Straight ahead you see the tall ship Columbia (probably a different name). Climb aboard for a scenic tour around the park!
As you make your way to the left you come upon Pocahontas’ Village . Grandmother Willow and a storyteller provide a fun show full of wisdom and lore. The Riverbend canoes sit on the park’s Great River, with a guide ready to give you a tour around the park (with your help). In the back of the pavilion lies the Colors of the Wind River Ride (with I’m sure a better name than that). This is a slow boat ride through Pocahontas’ village, but keep an eye out for greedy settlers. You exit the ride through John Smith’s Traders.
As you continue around the River, you come apon a bridge that will take you over to the Tropical Isles. Lilo and Stitch welcome you to Hawaii, and invite you to join them on a Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride (a family coaster). Jumba and Pleakley have also been tweaking some of their alien novalties for the kids to enjoy at Nani and Lilo’s House (a hover car spinner, and a shooter). Across a natural bridge to the second Tropical Isle brings you to Montunui, Moana’s home. Here, she invites you to learn to to be a wayfinder in a trackless, state of the art ride. She also invited you to join her on her adventures in an action-packed ride, complete with an encounter with Te Ka and Tamatoa.
Past Pocahontas along the River lies Toonywood, Mickey and the gang’s vacation town. Donald’s Boat is docked outfront, complete with Duckquatopia (Donald’s version a Aquatopia from DisneySea). Mickey and Minnie meet guests in their vacation home, while Chip and Dale built a Nutty Coaster for guests to enjoy.
Continuing along, you come upon Port Discovery, where a mysterious Alien ship has crashed outside a secret research facility. Join the scientists (and Sigourney Weaver?) on a high speed ride as they investigate the ship and realize they may not want to know what’s inside.
Next you come to Morro Bay, home of the Marine Life Institute (and Sigourney Weaver’s Voice). Here, the SeaRider will take you on a journey under the sea, or if you’re looking for more thrills, Crush and his friends will take you on an adventure through the currents!
Past the Institute is San Fran Bay, home to Hiro, Baymax, and the rest of the gang. A light/stunt show displays their powers against Callahan, and the gang lets you tour their lab on the day they present their research in a dark ride filled with many animatronics, and perhaps microbots wreak havoc. Hiro has also invented some rides the kids will enjoy (but I’m still thinking of them). Aunt Cass’ Bakery, and Wasabi’s Sushi are available if you’re feeling hungry. Across the Golden Gate Bridge lies the Gen-Sys Laboratory, and Muir Woods (where of strange sightings have been reported). The Gen Sys scientists are happy to show off their lab until Caesar breaks in with his band of monkeys and disrupts to tour. In the Muir Woods, you can find Caesar and his family in their village connected by zip lines, rope bridges, and other challenges. A high speed coaster will take you back out to San Fran Bay.
Lastly, you come to New Orleans Square, where it’s always Mardi Gras. Tiana invites you to join her at Tiana’s Palace right on the water, and perhaps let Louie serenade you on board the Riverboat as it tours you around the park. Or perhaps take a ride on the carousel for a look at the scenery. Mardi Gras performers entertain you in the streets. Ray and Louie give you a tour of the Bayou on a Log Ride, where an encounter with the Shadow Man makes for an unexpected ride. Hopefully Mama Odie can help. Lastly, some sort of show will go here but I haven’t come up with one yet.

Thank you for joining me on this tour! Please feel free to leave comments/concerns/praise/other ideas! I’d love to hear them! Next up: Villainyland!

BeckieTheGinger

Original Poster
Villainyland
With Liberty Square moved, that gives Fantasyland a chance to open up and breathe. Opening up the bottleneck by Peter Pan and Small World is a priority, and perhaps making a Tangled ride to go with the bathrooms. I’m still thinking about this aspect of the project.
So what, you may ask, is replacing Rivers of America?
Merlin has discovered the villains’ secret hideout as they plan to steal his Magic Crystal. He has recruited you to infiltrate their base, and stop them!
You can reach this new land on a new path next to Haunted Mansion, or past Big Thunder. Maleficent has created a wall of thorns blocking the entrance, but luckily Merlin has cut a way through. Inside are two E-tickets: a Bald Mountain Coaster and an interactive dark ride through the villains’ Secret meetings. The dark ride will utilize the Sorcerers of the MK cards that you can use to defeat the villains, but the front of the car has the Sorcerers symbol that would yield the same result. (I haven’t come up with a fun name for the ride yet.)
Another C-ticket or two would accompany these, as well as a Decendants show that would appeal to the youngins.
Since planning to take over Magic Kingdom can be tiresome, some of the villains have set up shop. Cruella is selling her precious furs (and other merchandise) in Cruella’s Spotted Boutique, and Ursula set up her own shop that she is calling Poor Unfortunate Traders. Hades meanwhile set up a quick service full of his favorite Underworld Bites, and Queen Grimhilde created a bakery with treats that will (hopefully) last longer than One Small Bite.
This whole land would (I’m sure) increase the interest in Sorcerers. There would be portals around this land, and adding them in NFL and Tomorrowland would definitely help as well. Adding these before the land opened would increase interest and excitement for the land.

tazhawkeye

I signed up to post here. Every Disney Park has an overall theme. Magic Kingdom: Fantasy - Every area has been created to be our perfect Fantasy. Animal Kingdom: Nature - This seems obvious. Hollywood Studios: Movies - Again obvious. Epcot: Education - Disney is moving away which is a shame learning is a lot of fun.

Any new park/gate needs a theme. I suggest the Theme should be Adventure/Explorer. Disney can build a park around these ideas. Disney can incorporate fast pace rides, a Villan land (Villan's exist because the heroes are Adventurous). An entire Hawaii land can be created as the Hawaiian explorers were Adventures (Disney has a lot of Hawaii connections). Another land can be America with all the different Waters (Every aspect of America was found through Exploration). And since every land needs to have a tall structure, I suggest Yosemite Mountain (or Denali) for the tall Structure of the Adventure Park.

Since Disney is focusing on Adventure, Disney can incorporate more Adult/Teenager rides but also have family fun areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom