River Country Area Rumor

kapeman

We know what one of the variables is = price per point. Lets say $110. So now if WDW goes bananas and creates a super expensive DVC resort, there is only one way to bring the price per point down to the +/- $100 level. Thats is by increasing the total number of points. There are two ways to do that. You either build more rooms, or you increase the number of points per night it takes to stay.

Building more rooms is not really an options, because then you end up spending more money - so they increase the number of points required to stay.

-dave

See: BLT.

Phonedave

See: BLT.

Correct. But while BLT is more points per night, it is not double. People can do OK there with a 200 point contract. I was talking more along the lines of a studio for a week costing 300+ points. No matter how nice the resort, I think they would have a tough time selling that one.

-dave

Pioneer Hall

Correct. But while BLT is more points per night, it is not double. People can do OK there with a 200 point contract. I was talking more along the lines of a studio for a week costing 300+ points. No matter how nice the resort, I think they would have a tough time selling that one.

-dave

I don't see something like that happening, and I think that the DVC resorts will stay within the same range. The only possibility you have of upscaling a little is by adding concierge rooms like they did at AKL. If they start adding a lot of variables with higher and lower cost resorts then they are asking for trouble somewhere down the road.

Phonedave

I don't see something like that happening, and I think that the DVC resorts will stay within the same range. The only possibility you have of upscaling a little is by adding concierge rooms like they did at AKL. If they start adding a lot of variables with higher and lower cost resorts then they are asking for trouble somewhere down the road.

I agree.

That was my point. Somebody said something about adding more upscale DVC units. I don't think that would work from a DVC business model perspective.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom