River Belle Terrace goes table service as of Feb 2nd

Californian Elitist

I am VERY upset, once again. Seriously, who is coming up with these atrocious ideas and plans? FIRE THEM!

I had a feeling they were going to pull one on us and turn River Belle into a table service location. I'm still disgusted.

dweezil78

Original Poster
I am VERY upset, once again. Seriously, who is coming up with these atrocious ideas and plans? FIRE THEM!

I had a feeling they were going to pull one on us and turn River Belle into a table service location. I'm still disgusted.

b277d5e4b3997f1861cc64b53f1906564c8303d9d8e37d821db02098b3551f8f.jpg

George Lucas on a Bench

Not that the food was ever really great there, although I appreciated the toppings bar, but the River Bell Terrace was already screwed up when they turned it into an exclusive Fantasmic dining package thing and you couldn't go there after 2pm unless you shelled out for a three course meal.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
It's a shame that Riverbell is often empty after breakfast. The sirloin sandwich with peppers and onions is great and so was the chicken sandwich. The grasshopper pie was good too.

I sometimes feel people walked by, saw the closed doors and kept moving. Unless it was raining. Turning it into a sit down is a good decision. Ribs will bring people in more than good sandwiches.

Last edited:

dweezil78

Original Poster
It's a shame that Riverbell is often empty after breakfast. The sirloin sandwich with peppers and onions is great and so was the chicken sandwich. The grasshopper pie was good too.

I sometimes feel people walked by, saw the closed doors and kept moving. Unless it was raining. Turning it into a sit down is a good decision. Ribs will bring people in more than good sandwiches.

I loved the pulled pork sandwich with baked beans. Solid food and different from the other offerings around the park. Sad to see it go, but also understandable as the park will be down a pretty substantial table service location. It's a prime location with waterside seating, so makes sense.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I loved the pulled pork sandwich with baked beans. Solid food and different from the other offerings around the park. Sad to see it go, but also understandable as the park will be down a pretty substantial table service location.

Loved those too! And before the most recent menu change, they had Black Bean Cakes over pineapple salsa. This was my favorite vegetarian dish.

ForeverAnna

One more thing to add to my must do before t's gone list for my trip in two week. I love getting breakfast at the River Belle Terrace and people watching. I'm much less likely to get breakfast at Rancho del Zocalo even if I can get the same stuff. Couldn't they turn it into a sit down place at night and still serve quick service breakfast? The dinner menu does sound promising though. I wonder if it will still be used for Fantasmic! preferred seating after Fantasmic! comes back.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I love the cinnamon roll French toast at the Riverbelle. I hope that moves to Rancho for breakfast, but I doubt it will. :( Wouldn't the Golden Horseshoe be a better spot for the BBQ, it could be a sit down restaurant there too. Maybe a dinner/show like the Hoop de Doo in WDW.

mickEblu

I was hoping they would move Big Thunder BBQ to Tom Sawyers Island. Not that I thought there was the slightest possibility but that would have been cool. I'm not really getting BBQ vibes at the River Belle Golden Horsehoe would be good too.

TP2000

I stopped eating at RiverBelle Terrace sometime during the Reagan era. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the last Disneyland restaurant that hasn't had a major refurbishment in the last 30 years? I remember a modest repaint and new chandeliers type rehab five years ago, but It still has its post-sponsorship layout after Aunt Jemima left in the late 1960's and a distinctly 1970's vibe when it comes to interior design and décor.

Dig that brass-and-glass salad bar! Someone put a Bee Gees record on, please.
848647_orig.jpg

PrincessJenn5795

I never really liked lunch or dinner at Riverbelle, and breakfast was okay but nothing spectacular. The only think I will miss about eating breakfast there is sitting outside overlooking the ROA before the park got totally packed. I hope that in addition to the pancakes and things the new options at Rancho del Zocolo include tamales like Flo's at DCA. I am excited about new lunch and dinner options, and hope they will be good. I will wait to see the menu changes before deciding if I will actually eat there or not.

FerretAfros

I stopped eating at RiverBelle Terrace sometime during the Reagan era. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the last Disneyland restaurant that hasn't had a major refurbishment in the last 30 years? I remember a modest repaint and new chandeliers type rehab five years ago, but It still has its post-sponsorship layout after Aunt Jemima left in the late 1960's and a distinctly 1970's vibe when it comes to interior design and décor.

Dig that brass-and-glass salad bar! Someone put a Bee Gees record on, please.
848647_orig.jpg
Its refurbishment might be just inside 30 years, but the Plaza Inn also looks terribly dated. More than anything, the food service area reminds me of the old Wendy's restaurants, when they had Tiffany lamps everywhere and most restaurants included a salad bar. The mirrored signage (complete with clip art-style images, in case "pasta" or "chicken" were too confusing) over the food stations screams 80's, and the sneeze guards everywhere just aren't a good look
Plaza-Restaurant2.jpg

And then we get to the dining rooms, which remind me more of a generic grandmother's living room than turn-of-the-century middle America. They really nail the "midcentury trying to look old fashioned" style that seemed so popular at the time, but just comes off as borderline gaudy today. But of course they were lovingly designed by Dorthea Redomond, so suggesting any changes to them is complete heresy
DSC_1708.jpg

In comparison, the River Belle doesn't look so dated any more. At least it's gotten a fresh color scheme within the last decade

GiveMeTheMusic

Its refurbishment might be just inside 30 years, but the Plaza Inn also looks terribly dated. More than anything, the food service area reminds me of the old Wendy's restaurants, when they had Tiffany lamps everywhere and most restaurants included a salad bar. The mirrored signage (complete with clip art-style images, in case "pasta" or "chicken" were too confusing) over the food stations screams 80's, and the sneeze guards everywhere just aren't a good look
Plaza-Restaurant2.jpg

And then we get to the dining rooms, which remind me more of a generic grandmother's living room than turn-of-the-century middle America. They really nail the "midcentury trying to look old fashioned" style that seemed so popular at the time, but just comes off as borderline gaudy today. But of course they were lovingly designed by Dorthea Redomond, so suggesting any changes to them is complete heresy
DSC_1708.jpg

In comparison, the River Belle doesn't look so dated any more. At least it's gotten a fresh color scheme within the last decade

The only problem with redoing Plaza Inn is that Kim Irvine would be in charge and it would become an art nouveau mess. After her horrifying track record, I'd prefer everything be left as is until she retires so as to avoid more Market Houses and New Orleans Squares.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom