Rise of the Resistance

MickeyLuv'r

Hi all,

We are going to our happy place in March. How difficult is it to get into the Rise of the Resistance. Any suggestions on what I need to do to get in? Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thanks
You'll want to start trying to get a BG EXACTLY at 7am. If your phone isn't set to auto correct to official time, check your phone's clock against the official NIST.gov clock and update.

In the before times, I'd also heard to avoid using WDW wi-fi during those few minutes of the day, if possible. Another before times suggestion was to log out of MDE and then back IN to MDE a few minutes before 7am. I don't know if that actually matters much, but we got a decent BG on a busy park day.

Absolutely update your MDE app before you go.

While we thought the ride was worth visiting...it was frustrating because the ride broke down between when our BG was called and when we actually rode it. We were in line and the line just stopped moving for almost an hour, with no explanation from any CM's or anything. I sorta felt like just getting on that one ride was a fair bit of hoop-jumping...and I say that as someone who has been going to WDW/Universal for many years, and ridden many e-rides when they were brand new. Once you have a BG, you can do other things, but you're still kind of tethered to be on-call (for when your group is called).

Last edited:
You'll want to start trying to get a BG EXACTLY at 7am. If your phone isn't set to auto correct to official time, check your phone's clock against the official NIST.gov clock and update.

In the before times, I'd also heard to avoid using WDW wi-fi during those few minutes of the day, if possible. Another before times suggestion was to log out of MDE and then back IN to MDE a few minutes before 7am. I don't know if that actually matters much, but we got a decent BG on a busy park day.

While we thought the ride was worth visiting...it was frustrating because the ride broke down between when our BG was called and when we actually rode it. We were in line and the line just stopped moving for almost an hour, with no explanation from any CM's or anything. I sorta felt like just getting on that one ride was a fair bit of hoop-jumping...and I say that as someone who has been going to WDW/Universal for many years, and ridden many e-rides when they were brand new. Once you have a BG, you can do other things, but you're still kind of tethered to be on-call (for when your group is called).

I'm going with my 3 kids and am very worried about this whole thing. A few questions:

1) Are you able to do the virtual queue through a computer or just the app? If so, any preference?

2) I have heard that people will make reservations for HS for multiple days in a row in case they are not successful. I would do that for at least the first 2 days, but I'm a little nervous that we wouldn't be able to change it to MK if we needed to. We are going mid April (13th-19th) so not sure how crowds will be.

3) Do these boarding groups go within seconds? Like 30 seconds or 5 seconds?

Trying not to hype this up too much to my kids because I don't want them to be bummed if we can't get in. Still though, stressing me out!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm going with my 3 kids and am very worried about this whole thing. A few questions:

1) Are you able to do the virtual queue through a computer or just the app? If so, any preference?

2) I have heard that people will make reservations for HS for multiple days in a row in case they are not successful. I would do that for at least the first 2 days, but I'm a little nervous that we wouldn't be able to change it to MK if we needed to. We are going mid April (13th-19th) so not sure how crowds will be.

3) Do these boarding groups go within seconds? Like 30 seconds or 5 seconds?

Trying not to hype this up too much to my kids because I don't want them to be bummed if we can't get in. Still though, stressing me out!
1. App only
2. You should be able to switch your park pass to MK during your dates
3. Boarding Groups typically fill in less than 10 seconds. @DCBaker tracks it daily in this thread:

1. App only
2. You should be able to switch your park pass to MK during your dates
3. Boarding Groups typically fill in less than 10 seconds. @DCBaker tracks it daily in this thread:

That's kind of what I was worried about. I have 2 adults in my group, plus a 12 year old that has a phone. Is it recommended to have all of them signed into my account on their devices and trying to get a boarding pass?

nickys

Premium Member
That's kind of what I was worried about. I have 2 adults in my group, plus a 12 year old that has a phone. Is it recommended to have all of them signed into my account on their devices and trying to get a boarding pass?
Yes. Quite often it’s the younger, faster fingers that end up being successful.

OG Runner

That is amazing. It sounds like you had the exact same experience as I did in January of 2020. We got in line and were moving along pretty well, and then nothing. The CM's had not explanation, but noted the ride had stopped. It was a bit hot in the "tunnels" and really had no where to sit.

Nnelsonmandela

Sunday 7AM filled up in less than 1 second, so I missed it teying to join at 2 seconds past. Then, at the 1PM release, I had my son start a stopwatch at exactly 12:59 and with 2 seconds left I refreshed and was able get on.
There were audible cheers from the people that got a place in line but saw others nearby that didn't so it really does go fast

StarWarsGirl

I've been on RotR seven times since opening, including three times since it opened. I only had an issue one time getting a boarding group at 7 am; I got it at 1 pm (from inside Muppet Vision). I have yet to fail to get on it.

Tips:

1. Open the app a few minutes before 7. Make sure you're fully signed in. Hit "Join" right at 7; don't try hitting it any earlier and reloading.
2. Use your phone's data. WDW wifi is...not good.
3. If you have your group separated, make sure the person who is signed in is going to DHS. This is where I encountered the issue: I was signed in as my dad, who had a reservation for Epcot. My brother and I were assigned to Epcot. I signed in as myself and got in at 1.
4. Try middle of the week. Don't go to DHS on a Monday. I don't know why, but that appears to be the worst day; Sundays are better if you must go on a weekend.

StarWarsGirl

Also, for anyone who has a DAS:

You'll follow the same BG experience as everyone else, however, when you get to the attraction, don't stand in the long line outside the ropes. Go around to the front, notify a CM that your group has been called and that you have a DAS. They will let you through the ropes, verify your group and your DAS, and let you through what will be the FP entrance. You can have a time for another attraction at the same time as you go on RotR.

OG Runner

Sunday 7AM filled up in less than 1 second, so I missed it teying to join at 2 seconds past. Then, at the 1PM release, I had my son start a stopwatch at exactly 12:59 and with 2 seconds left I refreshed and was able get on.
There were audible cheers from the people that got a place in line but saw others nearby that didn't so it really does go fast

How did it all go after that? Did the line move well? Did you have a good ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom