Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

RSoxNo1

Ah. When you said they expected a delay, I interpreted that as “into 2020”, but I shouldn’t have. I had heard it would be quite close, but that Christmas Week was viewed as necessary. Of course, you and I know things can always slip with such complex projects.

I was surprised they gave such a precise date earlier this year. “Both will open this winter” would have been far safer. Missing an announced opening by even a week or two on such a high-profile project would be extremely embarrassing. I hope Chapek is fired over the rollout of this project. Such a cluster.
I have been told as of last month that WDW was still behind Disneyland. December 5th seems like an incredible leap.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have been told as of last month that WDW was still behind Disneyland. December 5th seems like an incredible leap.
Well that isn’t good...as it was supposed to be well “ahead”

...doesn’t matter much to me...the longer the better, as those discounts won’t come any quicker if attendance picks up 😉

socalkdg

I seriously think Rise will fix many problems those have with Batuu, I personally loved Batuu as well. I do recognize though it NEEDS Rise. Rise is so important to the land, it’s like opening Pandora without Flight of Passage which right now is my favorite ride I’ve ever experienced. I’m confident Rise can top it though. The land as a whole for me was deeply satisfying and that includes the merch. Smugglers Run was exactly what I wanted from a falcon ride, it’s no Flight of Passage but it’s a great addition to WDW.
Exactly. Imagine Carsland without RSR? Critter Country without Splash mountain? Frontier Land without Thunder Mountain? That is GE without ROTR. I'd wager that GE with only its 2nd ride is better than any of those other lands if they didn't have their headliner.

drizgirl

I seriously think Rise will fix many problems those have with Batuu, I personally loved Batuu as well. I do recognize though it NEEDS Rise. Rise is so important to the land, it’s like opening Pandora without Flight of Passage which right now is my favorite ride I’ve ever experienced. I’m confident Rise can top it though. The land as a whole for me was deeply satisfying and that includes the merch. Smugglers Run was exactly what I wanted from a falcon ride, it’s no Flight of Passage but it’s a great addition to WDW.
If it's THAT critical to the land, they shouldn't have opened without it.

doctornick

Yes, I think despite people complaining about various subtle aspects of the land (kinetics, music used, lack of OT characters, whatever) ultimately the biggest "problem" seems to be the one that has become a disturbing trend for new lands - not enough "stuff to do". Lacking the second ride is really big on this aspect. And they are too dependent on paid experiences (droid and light saber builds or buying food/drinks at the cantina) to make the land a longer and fulfilling experience. RotR opening will help a lot, especially if the entire attraction length truly is in the 20+ minute range so it will actually entertain for a while.

I'd posit that once RotR opens and if some recurring entertainment is added in the spaces intended for streetmosphere, then most of the concerns about the land will disappear and be left with only the nitpicky stuff that we can laugh at.

Surferboy567

Yes, I think despite people complaining about various subtle aspects of the land (kinetics, music used, lack of OT characters, whatever) ultimately the biggest "problem" seems to be the one that has become a disturbing trend for new lands - not enough "stuff to do". Lacking the second ride is really big on this aspect. And they are too dependent on paid experiences (droid and light saber builds or buying food/drinks at the cantina) to make the land a longer and fulfilling experience. RotR opening will help a lot, especially if the entire attraction length truly is in the 20+ minute range so it will actually entertain for a while.

I'd posit that once RotR opens and if some recurring entertainment is added in the spaces intended for streetmosphere, then most of the concerns about the land will disappear and be left with only the nitpicky stuff that we can laugh at.

Bingo I couldn’t of said it better myself. The droid characters are apparently ready to go also, and the reputation scanners are in so these additions are likely. I’m sure other characters could be added as well.

TreborTreebeard

As for the new likely DHS opening, I've heard 12/14 is currently best case scenario.

If this is true, when will they make the announcement? If they wait too long, it will make people very angry who are booking/making plans to get there those first couple of weeks of December. I will be one of those people. (But even though changing my vacation date is not an option, I'm not going to lodge a formal complaint with Disney - I'll just be sour.)

SWGalaxysEdge

Do you know if people have been riding it at all on either coast? Execs, WDI folks, etc.

..yes they have. Test and Adjust has been for some time. I'm sure the execs "check in" from time to time.
BTW I did check with my source about the RotR floors being ripped up and they haven't seen it, unless it came early in the project before my source was in place, but they did ask around (DL)

shortstop

..yes they have. Test and Adjust has been for some time. I'm sure the execs "check in" from time to time.
BTW I did check with my source about the RotR floors being ripped up and they haven't seen it, unless it came early in the project before my source was in place, but they did ask around (DL)
Interesting. If this is the case, I can’t see why they would have any problems with a December 5 opening? Surely there’s some tweaking remaining, but 3 months isn’t enough time? I’m not sure I buy that.

Surferboy567

Take this with a crazy amount of salt but I saw this on the Galaxy’s Edge Discord. It kinda backs up @SWGalaxysEdge points. No clue if this is real...kinda sounds off but maybe it’s possible?

Not sure why they would compare queue times since capacity works very differently between falcon (a people-eater with no fast pass) and slinky a ride with fast pass and doesn’t have the same capacity as falcon. Something seems fishy

Also what is TDO? The Disney what?

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Take this with a crazy amount of salt but I saw this on the Galaxy’s Edge Discord. It kinda backs up @SWGalaxysEdge points. No clue if this is real...kinda sounds off but maybe it’s possible?

Also what is TDO? The Disney what?

View attachment 410115
That is literally a copy/paste of what was posted here. It doesn’t back him up. It steals his words.

T.Will

Rumors and news of this ride have got me thinking.

Did WDI bite off more than they could chew with this ride and just have to find the diamond in the rough a la Test Track?

Or has WDI truly reach such incompetency so as to ruin the hype and epicness of an E-Ticket before it even opens the door a la Rocket Rods?

(Not sure if those ride analogies work; it's the best way I could describe my thoughts and concerns about ROTR)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom