Trip Report Rise of the Popcorn Bucket

Hello everyone & a warm welcome to you!! As always, lots of fun was had on this trip with the star of the show(besides J, of course;)) being none other than E's nemesis, the popcorn bucket!! I'm super excited to share our adventures with you!!

WHO: I think you know us but.....myself-Patti, R(I think I've converted him to a full blown Disney fan even though he claims he likes coming for the restaurants), my sister E & my super fun, partner in crime(in more ways than one on this trip) J!!
IMG_5674.JPG

WHEN: Friday, January 17th - Monday, January 20th(gotta go around those darn school schedules when you have family in the education field)

WHERE(I hope you're sitting down for this one!): Art of Animationo_O
IMG_5785.jpeg

There was no room at the inn at Riverside so we decided to stay here b/c we thought J would really like the Cars suite. In the end we created a monster b/c he has now decided that AoA is his favorite!!

PREAMBLE
We last left off with JSR smuggling the popcorn buckets out of his house for me. BTW--J was in on this too & I was very proud of him for keeping it a secret for so long!!
IMG_5002.JPEG

They were heading to WDW with me!! Also, you may be wondering why there are two. You see, E's hatred for the popcorn bucket didn't just start on our trip in November. A few years ago she, JSR & J were on a Disney cruise & JSR bought the Santa Mickey bucket that you see there. She couldn't stand it back then on the cruise & her feelings really haven't changed. If anything, they've gotten worse!!
IMG_5025.JPEG

We had a 3:50 flight b/c someone(the guy in education) had a half day of school & didn't want to miss work. We met at E's at 12:30 & JSR drove us to the airport. I had went to work that morning & before I left I bought a case of water & put 12 in my suitcase. My boss was busy making fun of me for not buying it in Disney. I told him I had the space in my suitcase & these bottles were for the room. Why spend $3.50 per bottle when I could spend $4.99 for a case of Aquafina?? BTW--it was well worth it. We only had 2 bottles left at the end of the trip!!

Check out J's cute suitcase!!
IMG_5026.JPEG

He's ready to go!! J said that he wanted me to sit next to him in the car. On the way to the airport he told me that he wanted to sit next to me on the plane & the ME. I asked E why he wanted to be my BFF. She said she didn't know but earlier that day out of the blue he told her, "I really like Aunt Patti". I think he saw jelly beans in his future!!
IMG_5027.JPEG

We checked our bags in at curbside & the Southwest agent started humming The March of the First Order when he saw J's suitcase. It was cute. He also profoundly thanked us for the tips b/c he said that it had been a slow day.
IMG_5029.JPEG

J was excited to get on the "monorail". Even though R was still in his work clothes he was somewhat in Disney mode with the Star Wars tie he was wearing!!
IMG_5030.JPEG

We went to TGI Friday's for lunch. We got some kind of combo platter & shared everything. The potstickers & breadsticks were especially good!! That wine wasn't bad either!!;)
IMG_5031.JPEG

Meanwhile, J was enjoying the cheese sticks!!
IMG_5032.JPEG

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

As others have said, glad to have you back.

I’m so sorry to hear about your grandmother. My condolences to you, E, and the rest of y’all’s family. My grandfather recently passed on February 28th and was actually buried on March 6th, so I kinda know how you feel. Sending good vibes your way.

Hope you and the fam stay safe and healthy during these crazy times. Better days will soon be here. Stay strong.

MickeyCB

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. It was excellent that you all could be there for her.

And holy macaroni that's a large clan!
I'm going to have to send Gary over to see you. He's in love with grocery stores. Even though he KNOWS he is supposed to minimize his time in them right now!:mad:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Very sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'm glad your family was able to honor her memory together, in a loving way. Big hugs to you, your Dad, and your big (!) and lovely family. 😌

Songbird76

You're welcome!! Thanks for hanging in there!!

Thank you!! We're all doing well. I'm not doing such a good job--it's been almost a week since I last posted!:banghead: Working in a grocery store in this current state is nuts!!

Thank you!! It's been crazy busy. Our ongoing issue is getting product. B/c of all the panic buying the manufacturers can't keep up. I make 3 grocery orders a week(this doesn't count dairy, frozen, deli, bakery, meat or produce). My orders average about 2000 pieces--we're getting anywhere between 350-500 pieces per order. Not good.....

Thank you--it's great to be back!!

My mistake was getting an annoyed reaction--that made him do it even more!! He's at that age.....

Mine is nuts but at least it's keeping me busy(I'm happy the panic buying has slowed). I'd be going crazy with nothing to do all this time & I'm thankful to still be getting a paycheck. R said his teachers are doing a good job with the distance learning. He's actually happy at how well it is going. They started it on March 16th so they're pretty much in the groove of things. He stills goes to school b/c it's easier to do things from there then bringing half his office home. He's the only one there so he doesn't come into contact with anyone else. He seems to have zoom meetings with the teachers every other day. I have a May trip scheduled but I highly doubt that it's going to happen, unfortunately.

Thank you!! That is so nice of you to say!! With the way I'm going it might take me another month!!

Thank you!! A crazy time it's been--I'll be happy when we're back to normal--although I'm saving lots of money not being able to do anything!!

Thank you for your concern! When this first started & the panic buying was going on I kid you not for 3 days straight I rang a cash register b/c we didn't have enough employees to handle the masses. At the time our hours were 7:00 am-10:00 pm & I was on that register THE. WHOLE. TIME. It was unbelievable. Fortunately, it's calmed down & I'm not stuck doing that. I wasn't getting any work done. We reduced our hours & we're now closing at 8:00 so that has helped tremendously. Thank you for your appreciation!!
I'm glad you enjoyed the recap!! E couldn't stop making fun of me for all my plotting & planning then how I kept talking about how appalled I was that people were still using them only to have it come back & bite me in the a**!! It was pretty funny though!!

That's why R is glad that he can still go to his office. It's much easier working from there. I know the teachers aren't allowed in but he can get things for them that they need & leave it outside for them to pick up.

Thank you!! We're lucky if we get in a few cases on each delivery. It's pretty much gone as soon as it hits the shelves. In all seriousness if you can't find it let me know. I may or may not have some stashed--advantage to working in a grocery store;)

It's just ok to me. I'm not a huge popcorn fan though b/c I hate when it gets stuck in my teeth!!

Thank you & I'm enjoying yours!!

Thanks!! You were right!! It was pretty funny--I couldn't believe it myself! Too bad they weren't out the first day at HS--I wouldn't have ended up buying another one. But, it did add humor to the whole thing & the TR so I guess it was worth it!!

Thank you!! It's great to be back!!

Thank you!! Doing my best to keep my hands washed/sanitized constantly. It's tough b/c we're so busy but it's a necessity!!

😆
The last time he borrowed my iphone charger & gave it back he actually(I know he did it on purpose) gave me his charger back--the wire was frayed......

You're not super late--I'm struggling to add to this b/c of our current state of affairs.

That's interesting. Thank you for sharing that!!

Thank you for asking. My grandma actually passed away on March 6th. Her funeral was on the 11th & the next day all h*** broke loose in the world. It's been a month but it feels like she passed an eternity ago with everything that's been going on. We're not allowed in hospitals, nursing homes etc. here either. My dad(God bless him--he loses his wife & mother within a year of each other) says it was actually a blessing that she passed when she did b/c if she were still alive no one would be able to go see her. Grandma was pretty strong in her faith so I'm happy that we were able to have the traditional visitation/Catholic funeral. That was actually one of the last funerals that E had at her funeral home. There's no visitations or funerals allowed now. It's crazy. Someone passes & they take them right to the cemetery to be buried.

Not trying to shed light on Grandma's passing(& I hope no one thinks this was out of place to do this) but this was the first time all of her grandchildren were together in years so I had said that we should take a picture at the luncheon after the funeral. Who knows when it will happen again. Even for weddings someone is always missing(quite a few live out of town). One of my cousins is supposed to get married in May & now it's postponed until June but I'm even wondering if that is going to happen.

So, here we are--the grandchildren(unfortunately, I'm the oldest of the clan!!)
View attachment 461658

And here's the great-grandchildren(unfortunately, 4 are missing though).
You may recognize some of them from my TR's--
Back row-my niece B(1st), my niece E(3rd), my niece H(4th)
Front row-my nephew C(1st), my niece A(2nd), my nephew Z(4th),--You probably don't need a refresher for the 5th kid in!!:hilarious:
View attachment 461659

Also, my sister C sent this to me the other day. I hope you all enjoy it!! I thought it was pretty funny!!
View attachment 461660
Take care everyone & thank you for hanging in there with me!! I promise I'll update this in the next few days!!
Stay safe!!
I'm so sorry for your loss! I guess I can see your dad's point that at least you could have a regular funeral and be together with the whole family. It's so sad that all of these people are alone right now in their last moments, or at least not with their loved ones. I'm glad you were still able to visit and say goodbye.

Wow J looks so tiny there!! He doesn't look that small in your trip pictures, but standing next to all the other kids, he just looks itty bitty!

They're going to have to build a new CoP for the 21st century! Social media, Corona.....

Songbird76

Sorry to hear about your grandmother but I am happy for you that it happened when you could still hold a service for her. It’s sad to think of people who can’t hold services for loved ones.

I’ve found it very strange what sorts of things are out of stock at our grocery stores (it’s got to be a production/supply chain issue) but the one thing we have not been able to get is refrigerated pizza dough (you just unroll it onto a cookie sheet). We will often make pizza adding sauce and grated mozzarella - my teen loves it and is willing to make it so it’s a win-win for me because I don’t have to cook. But there has been none in the grocery store down the street from us. And while there is food in the grocery stores it is hit or miss, which makes meal planning a bit tricky so last week I decided to put in an online order and was able to get a delivery slot for tomorrow - so I made sure to add a couple of packages of the pizza dough. This evening I got a text message that my order will be delivered minus the pizza dough. Luckily I thought ahead though and added a bag of pizza flour - looks like my teen is going to have to learn how to make her own dough if she wants some pizza.

Stay safe!
We were having trouble getting flour here even before the Coronavirus got to the Netherlands. I had been trying to buy some for weeks. Then there was a run on TP one day, and on frozen pizzas, on produce, and pasta, rice, etc. And they aren't getting all the different kinds of bread in. They get like 3 varieties and that's it. But flour only seems to come in about once every 3 weeks and you have to be lucky and get there when it's newly stocked. But I think it must not be corona-related because it's been hard to get since December.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm sorry about your grandmother but I'm so happy your whole family could get together. Sounds like your dad is doing well, all things considered. Sending positive vibes and I'm so glad work is going well for you and R, if not busy!
Thank you! It was nice to have everyone together. My dad is doing well but we'll see how Sunday goes. My mom passed on Easter last year so that probably will not be a good day esp. with the current times.
Sorry to hear about your grandmother but I am happy for you that it happened when you could still hold a service for her. It’s sad to think of people who can’t hold services for loved ones.
Thank you. It is really sad. Who would have ever thought that churches would be closed?
I’m sorry to hear about your grandmas passing.
Thank you!
As others have said, glad to have you back.

I’m so sorry to hear about your grandmother. My condolences to you, E, and the rest of y’all’s family. My grandfather recently passed on February 28th and was actually buried on March 6th, so I kinda know how you feel. Sending good vibes your way.

Hope you and the fam stay safe and healthy during these crazy times. Better days will soon be here. Stay strong.
Thank you-it's great to be back!!

Thank you & I'm so sorry for your loss. How are you holding up?
I'm more than looking forward to better days. I still can't believe we're going through this.
My deepest sympathies. Thank you for going to work each day. I appreciate all of the people out there working to keep us fed and healthy. God bless you and all the healthcare workers.
Thank you & thank you for your appreciation. I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually thrilled to go to work b/c I'd be going stir crazy if I wasn't!!
Condolences to you and your family 💔
Thank you!
So sorry for your loss. ❤
And thank you for working hard to keep shelves stocked! What an enormous job! It is very much appreciated even if a lot of people don’t show it well.
Thank you! I appreciate you saying that.
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. It was excellent that you all could be there for her.

And holy macaroni that's a large clan!
I'm going to have to send Gary over to see you. He's in love with grocery stores. Even though he KNOWS he is supposed to minimize his time in them right now!:mad:
Thank you. Yes, we have a big family. My dad is the oldest of 8!

He loves grocery stores--really?:confused: At least he doesn't treat it like a social hour. You can't believe the number of people that come in 5 times a day--EVERY DAY!! It's actually annoying & it's really starting to irritate me. Stay home people!! I've tried dropping a hint by saying, "Oh, you're back again?" but they don't get the hint. I'm not being mean when I say this but it's the older people doing it. They're more vulnerable but they are the ones who aren't listening.
Very sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'm glad your family was able to honor her memory together, in a loving way. Big hugs to you, your Dad, and your big (!) and lovely family. 😌
Thank you--you're very sweet!!
I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s good to see though that everyone was able to get together in her memory!
Thank you! Yes, I'm very thankful for that.
I'm so sorry for your loss! I guess I can see your dad's point that at least you could have a regular funeral and be together with the whole family. It's so sad that all of these people are alone right now in their last moments, or at least not with their loved ones. I'm glad you were still able to visit and say goodbye.

Wow J looks so tiny there!! He doesn't look that small in your trip pictures, but standing next to all the other kids, he just looks itty bitty!

They're going to have to build a new CoP for the 21st century! Social media, Corona.....
Thank you. E says it's so strange. She doesn't even meet with the families anymore. Pretty much everything is handled over the phone. With this going on that business has really lost it's personal touch.

Wow--you think so? He is the youngest of all of them but I don't see him as small. My niece, M(to the left of J) isn't much taller than him & she's 2 years older!

I thought that CoP was hysterical!!
I’ve found it very strange what sorts of things are out of stock at our grocery stores (it’s got to be a production/supply chain issue) but the one thing we have not been able to get is refrigerated pizza dough (you just unroll it onto a cookie sheet). We will often make pizza adding sauce and grated mozzarella - my teen loves it and is willing to make it so it’s a win-win for me because I don’t have to cook. But there has been none in the grocery store down the street from us. And while there is food in the grocery stores it is hit or miss, which makes meal planning a bit tricky so last week I decided to put in an online order and was able to get a delivery slot for tomorrow - so I made sure to add a couple of packages of the pizza dough. This evening I got a text message that my order will be delivered minus the pizza dough. Luckily I thought ahead though and added a bag of pizza flour - looks like my teen is going to have to learn how to make her own dough if she wants some pizza.
We were having trouble getting flour here even before the Coronavirus got to the Netherlands. I had been trying to buy some for weeks. Then there was a run on TP one day, and on frozen pizzas, on produce, and pasta, rice, etc. And they aren't getting all the different kinds of bread in. They get like 3 varieties and that's it. But flour only seems to come in about once every 3 weeks and you have to be lucky and get there when it's newly stocked. But I think it must not be corona-related because it's been hard to get since Decembe
So, let me explain a bit what's going on with grocery stores. It's a demand issue. There was so much panic buying that it depleted not only the stores inventory but the distributors also. Manufacturers are having a hard time replenishing the product. They are also only focusing on making their core products right now. For example, the Smucker Company is going to focus on making the mainstream Jif Peanut Butters. So, if Jif Omega 3 pb is your thing you most likely won't be able to get it for awhile. Manufacturers & distributors are both allocating product. So, even if I order 10 cases of bleach they will only ship us 1 so that all stores have a chance to get some. And it's the same thing here. You pretty much have to get to the store as certain product is being put up b/c it's gone that quick. Another issue is that we are experiencing heavy delays in getting our grocery orders. Our distributor was as far behind as 72 hours at one point. We were finally back on our normal schedule-3 trucks a week then boom--I got an email last night saying that with it being the beginning of the month(grocery stores are always busier then), heavy orders, Easter week & the government releasing EBT benefits early they are getting slammed again & our orders are going to be delivered late again. It's aggravating but what really angers me is that we're not getting the "heavy orders" that I'm ordering. I'm ordering on average 2000 cases of grocery for each delivery. We get anywhere from 350 to 500. Definitely not enough to fill the shelves!!

lindawdw

So very sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. I'm glad you were able to have a service before all of this started. Prayers for your dad to stay strong with Easter approaching as it must be difficult for him being sheltered in. Does he live alone? Thanks for the explanation of why the groceries are so depleted on certain items. I could tell people were hoarding things like TP, tissues, frozen vegetables and chicken breast! I've been trying to get an online order for a couple weeks now and it's virtually impossible because of such high demand! I live in New Jersey and we (along with New York) are at the center of this thing which is getting hit the hardest so everyone is fearful to venture out from their neighborhood. I'm sure it must be so stressful everyday for you working in this environment. Glad that your husband is able to continue working at his office! Stay well and look forward to your next update!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks for the explanation - makes quite a bit of sense. If I were a manufacture, whose work force is probably diminished at that, I too would focus on my best selling or highest cost margin products too. Got my order delivered today and they threw in 4 chocolate bunnies. Hadn’t really thought about getting any for C, as she is 14 after all, but I’ll the bunnies Saturday night (heck, she’s been sleeping in to 10 or 11, so I could still do it Easter morning ;))

As I type this I am listening to the nightly neighborhood entertainment. Since just before our confinement 3 weeks ago, we’ve been clapping at 9 pm in support of the health workers. In the past few days someone has taken to playing one song for what I assume is meant for balcony dance parties, but I can’t be sure because it comes for a street or so over - my building is the only one on my street with balconies. The whole thing lasts less than 10 minutes and then the neighborhood becomes quiet again. It’s kind of wild how disciplined it all is ;)

Loco_driver

Welcome back. I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and your family. Thank you for working tirelessly to help get food on people’s table.

Rista1313

Thank you!! We're lucky if we get in a few cases on each delivery. It's pretty much gone as soon as it hits the shelves. In all seriousness if you can't find it let me know. I may or may not have some stashed--advantage to working in a grocery store;)

My parents were able to score me 6 double rolls when they went during senior hours one day... so I have 10 rolls right now... good for a couple weeks anyway.... I keep hoping that eventually the TP obsession will stop and the stores will be stocked again. On the corner we walk past a neighbors apartment.. where I keep seeing TP thru their door window that they have stacked up... I keep wanted to tell them they might want to move their stash out of view or someone might get desperate and break in! (me) LOL

So sorry about your Grandma, but I agree you all were very lucky to be able to celebrate her life before all this craziness ensued!

Songbird76

Thank you! It was nice to have everyone together. My dad is doing well but we'll see how Sunday goes. My mom passed on Easter last year so that probably will not be a good day esp. with the current times.

Thank you. It is really sad. Who would have ever thought that churches would be closed?

Thank you!

Thank you-it's great to be back!!

Thank you & I'm so sorry for your loss. How are you holding up?
I'm more than looking forward to better days. I still can't believe we're going through this.

Thank you & thank you for your appreciation. I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually thrilled to go to work b/c I'd be going stir crazy if I wasn't!!

Thank you!

Thank you! I appreciate you saying that.

Thank you. Yes, we have a big family. My dad is the oldest of 8!

He loves grocery stores--really?:confused: At least he doesn't treat it like a social hour. You can't believe the number of people that come in 5 times a day--EVERY DAY!! It's actually annoying & it's really starting to irritate me. Stay home people!! I've tried dropping a hint by saying, "Oh, you're back again?" but they don't get the hint. I'm not being mean when I say this but it's the older people doing it. They're more vulnerable but they are the ones who aren't listening.

Thank you--you're very sweet!!

Thank you! Yes, I'm very thankful for that.

Thank you. E says it's so strange. She doesn't even meet with the families anymore. Pretty much everything is handled over the phone. With this going on that business has really lost it's personal touch.

Wow--you think so? He is the youngest of all of them but I don't see him as small. My niece, M(to the left of J) isn't much taller than him & she's 2 years older!

I thought that CoP was hysterical!!

So, let me explain a bit what's going on with grocery stores. It's a demand issue. There was so much panic buying that it depleted not only the stores inventory but the distributors also. Manufacturers are having a hard time replenishing the product. They are also only focusing on making their core products right now. For example, the Smucker Company is going to focus on making the mainstream Jif Peanut Butters. So, if Jif Omega 3 pb is your thing you most likely won't be able to get it for awhile. Manufacturers & distributors are both allocating product. So, even if I order 10 cases of bleach they will only ship us 1 so that all stores have a chance to get some. And it's the same thing here. You pretty much have to get to the store as certain product is being put up b/c it's gone that quick. Another issue is that we are experiencing heavy delays in getting our grocery orders. Our distributor was as far behind as 72 hours at one point. We were finally back on our normal schedule-3 trucks a week then boom--I got an email last night saying that with it being the beginning of the month(grocery stores are always busier then), heavy orders, Easter week & the government releasing EBT benefits early they are getting slammed again & our orders are going to be delivered late again. It's aggravating but what really angers me is that we're not getting the "heavy orders" that I'm ordering. I'm ordering on average 2000 cases of grocery for each delivery. We get anywhere from 350 to 500. Definitely not enough to fill the shelves!!
I'm so sorry that's happening. And thank you for working so hard to get the shelves filled. My grocery store has been pretty good about stocking most things, but they did tell me they aren't getting their full orders in and like the bread, the bakeries can't keep up with all the different kinds, so they are making only maybe 3 different kinds, but a lot more of it, so the entire bread section is stocked, but only with a very limited selection. I could try to order specific things, but they can't tell me when it will come in. I've been lucky with flour. I have enough now, but like I said, that's been hard to get since December, so it's not completely corona related.

I'm trying to only go once every 3 days, but the "leprechauns" keep eating everything so I have to go every day. The other day I went and I bought enough for 3 days worth of meals and I had 3.5 jugs of milk (no gallon jugs here...they are a liter and a half) I figured that should be plenty for the rest of that day and 2 more days and I'd get more today. I open the fridge yesterday and there's 1/2 and jug of milk. So I ended up having to go yesterday instead of today. So now we're ordering dinner in so I don't have to go to the grocery store AGAIN. So far the Husband....er, I mean the laprechauns have devoured all the chips that my DD and I will eat....they didn't eat the ones everyone else likes, only the ones WE like. So DD and I are out of luck for snacks until I go to the store again. I'd say maybe that's the case with your repeat customers, but if they are mostly older people, that's probably not it. But some of us are TRYING to refrain from shopping. The problem in my house is that when I stock up on things, everyone sees there's plenty of it, so they eat more of it than they normally would. So I think buying 3 bags of chips will last us a couple of weeks, when in reality it will last us about 3 days because my husband will sit and eat a whole bag because it's there.

Songbird76

My parents were able to score me 6 double rolls when they went during senior hours one day... so I have 10 rolls right now... good for a couple weeks anyway.... I keep hoping that eventually the TP obsession will stop and the stores will be stocked again. On the corner we walk past a neighbors apartment.. where I keep seeing TP thru their door window that they have stacked up... I keep wanted to tell them they might want to move their stash out of view or someone might get desperate and break in! (me) LOL

So sorry about your Grandma, but I agree you all were very lucky to be able to celebrate her life before all this craziness ensued!
My cousin in Iowa was subscribed to some automatic order thing where she gets TP delivered each month to her house...a big huge box of it. And every month, she means to cancel that month's delivery, but she forgets, so now she has boxes upon boxes of TP that they will never use it all up, so she told all her friends if they are short on TP she has them covered! Maybe your neighbor has a similar circumstance?

John Dulmage

You're welcome!! Thanks for hanging in there!!

Thank you!! We're all doing well. I'm not doing such a good job--it's been almost a week since I last posted!:banghead: Working in a grocery store in this current state is nuts!!

Thank you!! It's been crazy busy. Our ongoing issue is getting product. B/c of all the panic buying the manufacturers can't keep up. I make 3 grocery orders a week(this doesn't count dairy, frozen, deli, bakery, meat or produce). My orders average about 2000 pieces--we're getting anywhere between 350-500 pieces per order. Not good.....

Thank you--it's great to be back!!

My mistake was getting an annoyed reaction--that made him do it even more!! He's at that age.....

Mine is nuts but at least it's keeping me busy(I'm happy the panic buying has slowed). I'd be going crazy with nothing to do all this time & I'm thankful to still be getting a paycheck. R said his teachers are doing a good job with the distance learning. He's actually happy at how well it is going. They started it on March 16th so they're pretty much in the groove of things. He stills goes to school b/c it's easier to do things from there then bringing half his office home. He's the only one there so he doesn't come into contact with anyone else. He seems to have zoom meetings with the teachers every other day. I have a May trip scheduled but I highly doubt that it's going to happen, unfortunately.

Thank you!! That is so nice of you to say!! With the way I'm going it might take me another month!!

Thank you!! A crazy time it's been--I'll be happy when we're back to normal--although I'm saving lots of money not being able to do anything!!

Thank you for your concern! When this first started & the panic buying was going on I kid you not for 3 days straight I rang a cash register b/c we didn't have enough employees to handle the masses. At the time our hours were 7:00 am-10:00 pm & I was on that register THE. WHOLE. TIME. It was unbelievable. Fortunately, it's calmed down & I'm not stuck doing that. I wasn't getting any work done. We reduced our hours & we're now closing at 8:00 so that has helped tremendously. Thank you for your appreciation!!
I'm glad you enjoyed the recap!! E couldn't stop making fun of me for all my plotting & planning then how I kept talking about how appalled I was that people were still using them only to have it come back & bite me in the a**!! It was pretty funny though!!

That's why R is glad that he can still go to his office. It's much easier working from there. I know the teachers aren't allowed in but he can get things for them that they need & leave it outside for them to pick up.

It's just ok to me. I'm not a huge popcorn fan though b/c I hate when it gets stuck in my teeth!!

Thank you & I'm enjoying yours!!

Thanks!! You were right!! It was pretty funny--I couldn't believe it myself! Too bad they weren't out the first day at HS--I wouldn't have ended up buying another one. But, it did add humor to the whole thing & the TR so I guess it was worth it!!

Thank you!! It's great to be back!!

Thank you!! Doing my best to keep my hands washed/sanitized constantly. It's tough b/c we're so busy but it's a necessity!!

😆
The last time he borrowed my iphone charger & gave it back he actually(I know he did it on purpose) gave me his charger back--the wire was frayed......

You're not super late--I'm struggling to add to this b/c of our current state of affairs.

That's interesting. Thank you for sharing that!!

Thank you for asking. My grandma actually passed away on March 6th. Her funeral was on the 11th & the next day all h*** broke loose in the world. It's been a month but it feels like she passed an eternity ago with everything that's been going on. We're not allowed in hospitals, nursing homes etc. here either. My dad(God bless him--he loses his wife & mother within a year of each other) says it was actually a blessing that she passed when she did b/c if she were still alive no one would be able to go see her. Grandma was pretty strong in her faith so I'm happy that we were able to have the traditional visitation/Catholic funeral. That was actually one of the last funerals that E had at her funeral home. There's no visitations or funerals allowed now. It's crazy. Someone passes & they take them right to the cemetery to be buried.

Not trying to shed light on Grandma's passing(& I hope no one thinks this was out of place to do this) but this was the first time all of her grandchildren were together in years so I had said that we should take a picture at the luncheon after the funeral. Who knows when it will happen again. Even for weddings someone is always missing(quite a few live out of town). One of my cousins is supposed to get married in May & now it's postponed until June but I'm even wondering if that is going to happen.

So, here we are--the grandchildren(unfortunately, I'm the oldest of the clan!!)
View attachment 461658

And here's the great-grandchildren(unfortunately, 4 are missing though).
You may recognize some of them from my TR's--
Back row-my niece B(1st), my niece E(3rd), my niece H(4th)
Front row-my nephew C(1st), my niece A(2nd), my nephew Z(4th),--You probably don't need a refresher for the 5th kid in!!:hilarious:
View attachment 461659

Also, my sister C sent this to me the other day. I hope you all enjoy it!! I thought it was pretty funny!!
View attachment 461660
Take care everyone & thank you for hanging in there with me!! I promise I'll update this in the next few days!!
Stay safe!!
Hello. So sorry for the loss of your grandmother. It's hard anytime, but even more so when you aren't supposed to visit others to give them a hug and wish them well. I'm glad you were able to have the family all together (wow. I'm from a really small family, so seeing your family is really fun with all the cousins, etc.). We had a loss recently, but were only allowed to have a maximum of 10 at the funeral, and everyone else had to watch via video. It's not the same. Glad you have good memories and happy you were comfortable to share them. Thanks for that and for the (as always) fun TR.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
The problem in my house is that when I stock up on things, everyone sees there's plenty of it, so they eat more of it than they normally would. So I think buying 3 bags of chips will last us a couple of weeks, when in reality it will last us about 3 days because my husband will sit and eat a whole bag because it's there.
I have been hiding snacks in my car. So far the boys have not figured out my hiding spot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom