RIP meatball sub

Monorail_Red_77

Whew. I misread that as last QS restaurant anywhere. HAD to make sure over at the go.com WDW dining site. My almost-every-trip-to-HS meatball sub is still on their menu for Pizza Planet. Y'all can give that one a try.
LOL.
Yea I'll have to try Pizza Planet next time. We generally do stop in Pizza Planet anymore since wife does not like their pizzas. Will have to make an exception though perhaps. ;)

tribbleorlfl

This isn't simply a replacement of meatballs with chicken. It's a cheap tasting kaiser roll that isn't toasted with a patty that tastes like various chicken parts. No longer do they use that fantastic sub roll and toast the whole thing with lots of cheese on top. This, Disney, sucks big time.
I'm not trying to belittle your feelings about the removal of one of your favorite meals. There have been numerous items Disney has taken away over the years that I enjoyed, and it's always a bummer.

That being said, the irony in this particular comment amused me. Why? I hate to break it to you, but there weren't a bunch of poor prep cooks in the back rolling out thousands of mb's using fresh beef and ingredients. No, they came frozen and pre-made from likely the same provider that's producing the current chicken cutlets, possibly made in the same factory, but certainly made in the same method of processing beef scraps along with fillers, emulsifiers and other chemicals to make a consistent foodservice product that little resembles the flavor or texture of house-made mb's.

jaklgreen

I'm not trying to belittle your feelings about the removal of one of your favorite meals. There have been numerous items Disney has taken away over the years that I enjoyed, and it's always a bummer.

That being said, the irony in this particular comment amused me. Why? I hate to break it to you, but there weren't a bunch of poor prep cooks in the back rolling out thousands of mb's using fresh beef and ingredients. No, they came frozen and pre-made from likely the same provider that's producing the current chicken cutlets, possibly made in the same factory, but certainly made in the same method of processing beef scraps along with fillers, emulsifiers and other chemicals to make a consistent foodservice product that little resembles the flavor or texture of house-made mb's.

LOL so true, but that doesn't mean it didn't taste good to the OP.

dannyboyindc

Original Poster

I'm aware of that. I'm only talking in terms of the way it tastes. The meatballs were good, the chicken patty isn't. That is the only thing I said regarding the meat. However, I went on to say that it's not just the chicken. The bread is different (lesser quality and not a sub roll), they no longer toast it, and there's a single tiny slice of cheese vs, what used to be the entire top covered in it.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm aware of that. I'm only talking in terms of the way it tastes. The meatballs were good, the chicken patty isn't. That is the only thing I said regarding the meat. However, I went on to say that it's not just the chicken. The bread is different (lesser quality and not a sub roll), they no longer toast it, and there's a single tiny slice of cheese vs, what used to be the entire top covered in it.

Just another cut in a year that's seen too many already.

Monorail_Red_77

Hi Folks, Wink Winkler here. Coming to you live from the Tomorrowland Terrace. We're here today to celebrate the passing of an old favorite, the meatball sub. However, friends this is a great day. I'm being told Disney is doubling the amount of new items on their lunch menus here. They are introducing the chicken parmesan sandwich and the parmesan chicken sandwich. Yes, folks it is indeed a great day here at Disney. I hear later today we are also going to be celebrating the kick off of the newest Disney promotion "The year of a thousand cuts". Exciting stuff here today. Bob and Cindy, back to you in the studio.

LOL :hilarious:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This chicken parm sandwich at Pinocchio Village Haus is a slap in the face. Whoever decided it would be a good idea to replace this with the MS needs to find a new job. It might take half as much effort to make, but screw you anyway.

This isn't simply a replacement of meatballs with chicken. It's a cheap tasting kaiser roll that isn't toasted with a patty that tastes like various chicken parts. No longer do they use that fantastic sub roll and toast the whole thing with lots of cheese on top. This, Disney, sucks big time.

IMO this is just one more example of TDO catering to the extreme crunchy mommy bloggers out there. This is another meat option replaced with a vegetarian item. Bad form TDO.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hi Folks, Wink Winkler here. Coming to you live from the Tomorrowland Terrace. We're here today to celebrate the passing of an old favorite, the meatball sub. However, friends this is a great day. I'm being told Disney is doubling the amount of new items on their lunch menus here. They are introducing the chicken parmesan sandwich and the parmesan chicken sandwich. Yes, folks it is indeed a great day here at Disney. I hear later today we are also going to be celebrating the kick off of the newest Disney promotion "The year of a thousand cuts". Exciting stuff here today. Bob and Cindy, back to you in the studio.

LOL :hilarious:

GIMME GIMME

NOT THE MEATBALL SUB!!!

THAT'S IT, DISNEY HAVE DONE IT THIS TIME. I'm cancelling my trip, our family are selling our DVC and it's Universal only for us from now on. ;)

Gonna have to ask you to calm down, ma'am.

erasure fan1

Well that's just too bad. My wife loves meatball subs and she tried this one on our trip this summer (mid June) and she really liked it. She would always get a chocolate shake by the friars nook and that was replaced with hot chocolate now the meatball sub. The funny part is she said on the trip everything she likes they get rid of. I smell conspiracy! It's those dang magic bands, they're listening!

whitney37354

DD & I got the meatball sub in June. The best part of it was the inside of the sub bun. Maybe our meatballs had been cooking too long. Normally we both love meatball subs. DD loves chicken parm, so maybe we can try it if they keep in on the menu long enough! We don't plan to go back until 2018.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom