Riding Segways For FREE @ Epcot

WDWFanatic

We love the one that we won during the segway tour. We have taken it to a few technology expos in our county and get lots of attention. My father was on the cover of the chamber of commerce magazine this month riding the segway!

Sammy Hagar - I can't drive 12.5 :p

Madison

Eljay said:
Here you go, maybe you can get some info here.
http://www.segway.com/

Actually, conversations about owning a Segway were common during the tour. We were told that they are actually illegal to operate in many areas, is that true, Frank Stallone? I guess unless you have a lot of property, there aren't too many places to ride.:rolleyes:

It depends on the municipality, of course. San Francisco is probably the largest and most significant city that disallows Segways on sidewalks. Many places otherwise haven't given it much thought.

The Segway is very well designed and built and I've never read of someone having a problem with one. I had considered buying one instead of a car for getting around Seattle, but it seem impractical because of how often it rains here. When I've some spare money, though -- later this summer, I hope -- I'll get one, anyway.

Eljay

You WON one, WDW Fanatic? Lucky duck! Were you the certain number person to take the tour? Ride in good health!:wave:

Madison, I think I remember that Key West has also outlawed Segways on the sidewalks.

I've heard that there is also a place in Celebration where you can rent one. Anybody ever do that?

CrashNet

JEDIsney said:
Please tell me that Tom Morrow wasn't removed. One of my favorite things to do while going to Epcot is visiting Tom Morrow.

Also, I have always wanted to do the Around the World at EPCOT Segway Tour, because I know that it would be worth it, but I am afraid of spending the money on it. It must be so cool to ride around Epcot on a Segway, but is the price really worth it? I think it would be, I'm just too afraid to actually spend the money on it.
Never fear...tomorrow himself is still there, alive and well. Though look for some changes to Innoventions in the not to distant future. :)

Frank Stallone

Eljay said:
Here you go, maybe you can get some info here.
http://www.segway.com/

Actually, conversations about owning a Segway were common during the tour. We were told that they are actually illegal to operate in many areas, is that true, Frank Stallone? I guess unless you have a lot of property, there aren't too many places to ride.:rolleyes:

San Francisco is the most well known city that has banned Segways. However, when you consider how steep some of those streets are, it makes sense. Segways are not safe on some of those streets.

The biggest issue with cities/towns that are having trouble deciding whether or not to allow segways, is deciding where Segways would be allowed. They are too fast for crowded sidewalks, and too slow for the road.

shoppingnut

WDWFanatic said:
We love the one that we won during the segway tour. We have taken it to a few technology expos in our county and get lots of attention. My father was on the cover of the chamber of commerce magazine this month riding the segway!

Sammy Hagar - I can't drive 12.5 :p

Wow totally awesome you won one.

jedimaster1227

Segways are great, but they wouldn't really work amazingly in a park filled with guests because turns are very abrupt and they aren't really progressive. People (most likely small children) would be easily cut off and/or run over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom