Rides that Won't Be Around in 50 Years

lebernadin

Originally posted by mrtoad
Isn't Disneyland over 50 Years though? It is still a popular place so I really don't see that happening.

:rolleyes: that's what i meant about thinking outside the box....by saying the above you're cutting and pasting what was/is popular over the past 50 years onto the next 50 years and assuming that nothing will/has changed.

Theme park chains are a relatively brand new phenomenon for how we entertain ourselves and the details of them are ever changing to keep up with outside demands and trends. In 2,004 years, chains of theme parks have only been around for about 100 of them. We entertained ourselves in other ways before that, and we will in the future. Whether its during our lifetimes or beyond, eventually the Disneys and Six Flags, Thorpes and Universals of the world will wither and a "better" form of destination entertainment will arise.

JBSLJames

I'm just guessing here, but I think that the average life span of a themed ride or a thrill ride is closer to 10 to 15 years. Of course there are exceptions. The Beast at PKI in Cincy celebrates 25 years this year, however, the majority of rides have seen complete overhauls or replacement since the park opened.

So, my answer on the 50 year question is that none of the attractions, as they stand today, will be around in 2054.

csaguy

In 50 Years

With the 50th aniversary of DL. I figure everything except Mickey will change. WDW isn't that old and look at all the changes and additions so far. I remember being there when EPCOT was under construction, when MGM was open for trial runs. and now AK. There is still a lot of room not tapped yet. M:S is just the begining for sims.
I just hope it stays Disney!

Bob

Scooter

Judging by MY view of things when I go to the Parks, and on lines and wait times I see...HERE are the rides and attractions that I think will be gone in the next 10 years.

Note: Some of these attractions are my favorites so don't bash me..these are strictly opinions based on what I see when I'm at the parks....In some cases, I hope I am wrong.

1)Tiki Birds
2) Carousel of Progress
3) Jungle Cruise
4) Country Bear Jamboree (Sorry Grizz)
5) Imagination
6 ) Body Wars
7) Timekeeper
8)The Leave a Legacy Program
9) The whole Wonders of Life Pavillion
10) Who Wants To Be a Millionaire
11) Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

If some of these attractions are updated perhaps they will survive....otherwise....bye-bye

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Well I hope that the "historical" rides that remain in the Magic Kingdom will remain there forever. I think there is something to be said for remembering where you came from, and for remembering your beginnings. Rides such as Peter Pan, It's A Small World, Snow White, etc. etc. remind us of the heritage and rich history of Disney, the company. For example, I don't think there would ever be any discussion of removing Cinderella's Castle to replace it with a more "modern" style castle. It stands as not only of symbol of Disney's heritage, but as a beacon of advertising. Anyone who ever sees the Castle immediately knows what they are looking at.

And my own personal desire is to see some of the heritage of the company maintained. I'm all for people having fun, enjoying new and exciting rides. But sometimes I think they are building new attractions for the sake of what's popular today, not with an eye toward the future, as well as reflecting on the past. I believe part of the "magic" if you will, is being able to remember the past, all the fun and good times, great movies from the past, etc. that makes Disney, Disney.!!!

Here's hoping that those in charge remember where "Disney" came from.

Glasgow

Mission : Space probably won't be around. It's based on exploring Mars, which we're doing right now - we'll probably be bored with that planet in 50 years. Maybe they'll change it to Mission : Females, something we still know nothing about and probably never will

JBSLJames

Originally posted by Glasgow
Mission : Space probably won't be around. It's based on exploring Mars, which we're doing right now - we'll probably be bored with that planet in 50 years. Maybe they'll change it to Mission : Females, something we still know nothing about and probably never will

Depending on the set-up and themeing of that ride, the line would be long and distinguished:lookaroun

Spectroman2003

Original Poster
I think some people have seriously overeacted and thought too hard into this. I was just playing around, wondering. I guess there are some really die hard Disney fans out there. :lol:

lebernadin

Originally posted by Spectroman2003
I think some people have seriously overeacted and thought too hard into this. I was just playing around, wondering. I guess there are some really die hard Disney fans out there. :lol:

On a Disney fan website? Nah.....

:p

noname70

Why are so many people down on Snow White?

1) Star Tours-what a dated insult to Star Wars fans-must go! (and be replaced of course):fork:

Scooter

Originally posted by noname70
Why are so many people down on Snow White?

1) Star Tours-what a dated insult to Star Wars fans-must go! (and be replaced of course):fork:

Why are so many people down on Star Tours?:(

If you immerse yourself into the video and forget for a moment that it's not the "New..improved..Modern" Star Wars, it's still a fun attraction/Ride.:)

It's still a Must See attraction for my wife and I.:sohappy:

I don't hear anyone complaining that Pirates needs updating and THAT attraction is 40 years old...hehehe
(Just kidding people..don't flame me please):lol:

jedimusik

I think a more interesting list would be 10 or 20 years - not 50. They'll probably all be different with holograms and cold fusion or something.

maxime29

Premium Member
Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
Speak for yourself, man, I'll only be 62!

Hehe. Sorry if that was an insult. I based that from seeing many folks not interested in Disney around that age. I guess not everyone thinks the same. Glad to see you have been a fan for so long!

bigbadwolf

Actually...
Tower Of Terror will probly be the last on list... They cant just take down that tower! Its huge! So yea... I think nearly all the rides will be gone.. :( Sad.. but true.. Space Mountain, pirates, its a small world, splash mt., thunder mt., and the haunted mansion are maybes that might stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom