Rides that should never leave

OGMickey

Original Poster
I know there r probably many threads out there about rides or hotels that should be changed or not changed but I decided to put in my own 2 cents……..

First of all when it comes down to what should stay and what should go I’m a little old school about it…… things that have been in the parks or resorts from the beginning or close to should not be changed!!!!! …… For instance Space Mountain….has been there from the beginning and according to me should be there until the end of time…..rides like these are staples of Disney World …. When u think MK what is the first things that comes to mind….Main street … The Castle….those pesky Photo people trying to take ur picture….Space Mountain…Big Thunder…..Haunted Mansion ….and for me Carousel of Progress……

I don’t care how many new rides they put in they should keep the originals ….the rides that founded Disney Land \ World….. that’s like getting rid of the Statue of Liberty…..or taking away the Golden Gate Bridge……or filling in the Grand Canyon ….. u don’t take away the landmarks that make up Disney ……..

I love the Contemporary Resort and im a little mad that they r adding this huge tower next 2 it…. it takes away from the Original wonder that was the Contemporary…its like giving a little sister statue to the Statue of Liberty holding a sparkler ….u just don’t do stuff like that….. and ill be darned if the ever get rid of the Carousel of Progress or the Great Movie ride….

Anyway let me get off my soap box and ask u great people out there…… what do u think??????

lilclerk

While I think some attractions (Space, CoP, Pirates, etc.) should remain, I do think they need to be changed/upgraded/plussed once in a while. Otherwise, why go back year after year? :shrug:

OGMickey

Original Poster
While I think some attractions (Space, CoP, Pirates, etc.) should remain, I do think they need to be changed/upgraded/plussed once in a while. Otherwise, why go back year after year? :shrug:

I agree they need to be upgraded from time to time just dont take away the spark that started it all ... i like it the first time for a reason

kennyj29

Space Mountain needs a change badly and it's not an original ride in DisneyWorld. It only came into being in 1975. They need to change the seating like they did in Disneyland. It will hold more on each train and the wait won't be so long. I wouldn't change it too much but it definitely needs a change. They cannot take out Pirates and Haunted Mansion in Magic Kingdom. The only two rides I love in MGM is ToT and The Great Movie Ride. Epcot needs to keep SE and Animal Kingdom should keep the Safari and the rest can be changed as far as I'm concerned!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Although they've already spruced it up and changed it's name I don't think WDW would be the same without the WEDway Peoplemover (TTA for all you non-old-schoolers :lol: ).

They can change the dialogue, add on to the track, paint it a different color, but PLEASE DON'T EVER CLOSE IT! Seriously, after the JII fiasco I don't know if I could forgive them if they messed up the Peoplemover.

Charlie Brown

Yeah. I agree with everything you said. The originals should stay there and they do need to be upgraded every once in a while!

Alice_Lost

I don't think they should do anything to Space Mountain. My dad went to Disney World the first year it opened back in the 70s and rode Space Mountain now I can too. Space Mountain would not be the same if they changed it, the dated cars and old school-ness just adds character.

And Carousel of Progress is like a cult movie, not a lot of mainstream people know about or ride it, but it has a small fan base of hard core Disney fans that come back to it every year. In my family it is one of the staple MK rides.

OGMickey

Original Poster
I don't think they should do anything to Space Mountain. My dad went to Disney World the first year it opened back in the 70s and rode Space Mountain now I can too. Space Mountain would not be the same if they changed it, the dated cars and old school-ness just adds character.

And Carousel of Progress is like a cult movie, not a lot of mainstream people know about or ride it, but it has a small fan base of hard core Disney fans that come back to it every year. In my family it is one of the staple MK rides.

I totaly agree the dated cars and the bumpynes and that smell i love that smell of Space Mountain.... yeah there is plenty of great and exciteing new rides that will be created but alot of people like those old school rides ...its like a carnival..crappy rides but we love them.

I cant call a Disney Vacation complete until i ride the Carousel of Progress.....
or the Jungle Cruise ....i know the script by heart:lol: :lol:

chels26

yeah i love ToT ....... rode it 7 times in a row once :king:

was it at night? because its the best at night during fantasmic.. when no one is there.. we only went 5 times in a row.. after the 5th we headed over to RnRc for 3 times in a row. lol

OGMickey

Original Poster
no it was doring the day i new the guy that worked there so he let me ride over and over till i got tired of it......me and my friends went every tuesday and went on it at least 5 time in a row we wanted to say we have been on it at least 100 times ... and im proud to say that i have:sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom